Genios Club Review: DAI MLM crypto Ponzi cycler
Genios Club fails to provide ownership or executive information on its website.
Genios Club has two known website domains:
- geniosclub.net (already abandoned) – privately registered on November 3rd, 2022
- geniosclub.team – privately registered on August 13th, 2023
“Genios” is Spanish for “genius”. This tracks with SimilarWeb reporting, as of October 2023, 93% of Genios Club’s website traffic originating from Spanish speaking Colombia.
Spain is the only other notable source of Genios Club website traffic, making up the remaining 7%.
Although not guaranteed, it’s highly likely Genios Club is being run by someone in or with ties to Colombia (or at the very least a Spanish speaking country).
One name we can definitively attach to Genios Club is Wilson Acero.
Acero fronts Genios Club marketing and, according to his FaceBook profile, is from Bogota, Colombia.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
Genios Club’s Products
Genios Club has no retailable products or services.
Affiliates are only able to market Genios Club affiliate membership itself.
Genios Club’s Compensation Plan
Genios Club affiliates invest in matrix cycler positions. Matrix sizes used in Genios Club are 3×2 and 3×5.
A 3×2 matrix places an affiliate at the top of a matrix, with three positions directly under them:
These three positions form the first level of the matrix. The second level of the matrix is generated by splitting these first three positions into another three positions each (9 positions).
Level three of the matrix is generated in the same manner, adding another twenty-seven positions to the matrix.
A 3×5 matrix builds on this, adding a fourth and fifth level.
Genios Club affiliates purchase positions in the cycler with 5 DAI.
This is split into two 2.5 DAI payments, which fund positions in a G3x2 (3×2 matrix) and G3x5 (3×5 matrix) cycler.
Both Genios Club’s G3x2 and G3x5 cyclers have eight tiers within them. Payments across these tiers are generated as new and existing Genios Club affiliate purchase new cycler positions.
G3x2 Cycler (3×2 matrix)
Once a 2.5 DAI position has been purchased, payments across Genios Club’s G3x2 cycler are as follows:
- tier 1 – pays out 10 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 1 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 2
- tier 2 – pays out 40 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 2 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 3
- tier 3 – pay outs 160 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 3 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 4
- tier 4 – pays out 640 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 4 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 5
- tier 5 – pays out 2560 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 5 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 6
- tier 6 – pays out 10,240 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 6 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 7
- tier 7 – pays out 40,960 DAI, generates a new G3x2 tier 7 position and cycles into G3x2 tier 8
- tier 8 – pays out 327,680 DAI and generates a new G3x2 tier 8 position
G3x5 Cycler (3×5 matrix)
- tier 1 – pays out 193 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 1 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 2
- tier 2 – pays out 772 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 2 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 3
- tier 3 – pay outs 3088 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 3 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 4
- tier 4 – pays out 12,352 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 4 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 5
- tier 5 – pays out 49,408 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 5 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 6
- tier 6 – pays out 197,632 DAI, generates a new G3x5 tier 6 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 7
- tier 7 – pays out 790,528 DAI, generates a new G3x5tier 7 position and cycles into G3x5 tier 8
- tier 8 – pays out 3,325,952 DAI and generates a new G3x5 tier 8 position
Note that Genios Club affiliates can bypass generation of a new cycler tier position buy buying into all eight levels of both cycler tiers.
Joining Genios Club
Genios Club affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of at least one 5 DAI cycler position.
Genios Club Conclusion
Genios Club markets itself as a “100% decentralized solidarity matrix”. In reality this is marketing jargon, Genios Club is neither genius or different to any other MLM cycler Ponzi.
Essentially Wilson Acero has realized the money is in running MLM cycler Ponzis, not promoting them. And so we have Genios Club, a clone of Generation Zoe Forsage before it.
New Genios Club affiliates sign up an invest, through a convoluted system of sixteen matrix cycler tiers, this money is stolen by those who invested before them.
In turn, subsequently invested funds are stolen by these Genios Club affiliates.
On the raw math side of things you’re looking at a potential 4,762,215 DAI ROI off a 5 DAI investment.
DAI is a stablecoin purportedly pegged to 1 USD. This means that for just one Genios Club affiliate realize the maximum investment, 952,443 new investments need to be made.
Needless to say the only person getting anywhere near that is Genios Club’s admin. A few early investors will steal what’s left.
Speaking of which, here’s a screenshot of a very early Genios Club marketing webinar (November 2022), naming some of the Ponzi scheme’s earliest investors (click to enlarge):
While some are no doubt net-winners, the majority of these people are likely victims of Acero’s promotion of Generation Zoe and Forsage.
As with any MLM cycler Ponzi, in order for Wilson Acero and earlier investors to steal the majority of funds, the rest of Genios Club’s investors have to lose out.
Food for thought:
- Forsage collapsed no less than six times. Owner Lado Okhotnikov has been indicted in the US and remains a wanted fugitive (believed to be hiding out in Georgia and/or Dubai).
- Generation Zoe collapsed in February 2022. Owner Leonardo Cositorto is locked up in an Argentinian prison, awaiting the outcome of criminal fraud charges filed against him.
Whether Colombian authorities give Acero the same treatment remains to be seen.