QuiAri Review: Maqui berry shakes and energy
QuiAri operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
The company is based out of Florida and headed up by founder and CEO, Bob Reina.
Bob Reina (right) first appeared on BehindMLM in 2014, as founder and CEO of Talk Fusion.
Talk Fusion was founded in 2007 and sold $1499 communication packages.
Owing to the outrageous asking price and competition from an abundance of free alternatives, we concluded Talk Fusion was a pay to play pyramid scheme.
To that end a class-action RICO lawsuit was filed against Talk Fusion in 2015.
In the lawsuit former affiliate Dennis Gray alleged Talk Fusion was a pyramid scheme.
The majority of Talk Fusion’s products are individually available for free (or at much lower monthly rates than Talk Fusion) on the Internet, through commonplace programs such as Skype, YouTube, and Google.
The supposed path to financial prosperity through the Talk Fusion Opportunity is not based on selling videoconferencing technology.
Because Talk Fusion’s prices and signup fees are extraordinarily high, retail sales are not feasibly profitable.
With their “business opportunity” inherently based on Associates endlessly pursuing to recruit new Associates — Talk Fusion does little to encourage or reward retail sales.
Indeed, the compensation paid to Associates is almost altogether unrelated to retail sales.
As per the FTC, an MLM company without retail sales operates as a pyramid scheme.
In 2017 Dennis Gray voluntarily dismissed his proposed class-action suit.
After the dismissal Gray resigned up as a Talk Fusion affiliate, prompting speculation of a pay off.
Neither Gray or Talk Fusion have publicly disclosed why the lawsuit was abruptly dropped.
Talk Fusion remains in business, although the only notable country Alexa marks website traffic from is Indonesia (23%).
Indonesia is not known for stringent regulation of MLM companies.
Curiously, Talk Fusion is not mentioned in Bob Reina’s QuiAri corporate bio.
Read on for a full review of QuiAri’s MLM opportunity.
QuiAri markets a range of nutritional supplements, centered around the maqui berry.
We searched far and wide for the world’s next breakthrough in health and wellness, and we found it!
Deep in the pristine Patagonian region of Chile, the maqui berry has a nutritional profile second to none.
It delivers up to 5 times more antioxidant power than any other previously known superfruit.
Nutritional supplements marketed by QuiAri include:
- QuiAri Shake (chocolate and vanilla) – “a synergistic blend of antioxidants, superfoods, protein, probiotics, fiber, and 24 essential vitamins and minerals”, retails at $80 for twenty-eight servings
- QuiAri Energy – “just 1-2 tablets a day promotes better overall health and helps you look and feel your best”, retails at $45 for a bottle of sixty tablets
A Kickstart Combo Pack, containing both QuiAri Shake and Energy, is available for $125.
QuiAri’s Compensation Plan
QuiAri’s compensation plan is centered on residual binary team commissions.
Additional rank-based bonuses are also available.
Note that in order to qualify for commissions, every QuiAri affiliate must generate 50 PV a month.
PV stands for Personal Volume and is sales volume generated by retail customer and personally recruited affiliate orders.
QuiAri Affiliate Ranks
There are ten affiliate ranks within QuiAri’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Promoter – sign up as a QuiAri affiliate
- 2K – recruit and maintain two Promoters and generate 2000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 5K – recruit and maintain one 2K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 5000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 10K – recruit and maintain one 5K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 10,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 25K – recruit and maintain one 10K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 25,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 50K – recruit and maintain one 25K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 50,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 100K – recruit and maintain one 50K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 100,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 150K – recruit and maintain one 100K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 150,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 250K – recruit and maintain one 150K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 250,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
- 500K – recruit and maintain 500K or higher ranked affiliate and generate 500,000 GV a month in weaker binary team side volume
GV stands for Group Volume and is the sum total of an affiliate and their downline’s generated PV each month.
Note that 150K and higher rank qualification must be met for two prior months before rank is awarded.
Also note that in order to count towards rank qualification, recruited affiliates must be commission qualified (50 PV a month).
QuiAri pays a $25 retail commission on the sale of a Kickstart Combo Pack.
QuiAri affiliates earn a recruitment commission when they recruit affiliates who sign up with a Starter or Lifestyle Pack.
- $50 is paid on the recruitment of a Starter Pack affiliate
- $100 is paid on the recruitment of a Lifestyle Pack affiliate
QuiAri pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Sales volume (GV) is tracked on both sides of the binary team.
- a retail or downline sale of QuiAri Shake or QuiAri Energy generates 25 GV
- a retail or downline sale of a Kickstart Combo Pack generates 50 GV
- recruitment of a Starter Pack affiliate generates 100 GV
- recruitment of a Lifestyle Pack affiliate generates 200 GV
At the end of the week QuiAri tallies up new sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
For every 200 GV matched on both sides, a $20 commission is paid out.
Once paid out on GV is flushed. Any leftover volume on the stronger binary team side carries over into the following week.
Note that QuiAri caps residual commissions at $50,000 a week.
The following rank-based monthly restrictions also apply:
- Promoters can earn up to $500 a month
- 2K ranked affiliates can earn up to $1000 a month
- 5K ranked affiliates can earn up to $2500 a month
- 10K ranked affiliates can earn up to $5000 a month
- 25K ranked affiliates can earn up to $10,000 a month
- 50K ranked affiliates can earn up to $20,000 a month
- 100K ranked affiliates can earn up to $25,000 a month
- 150K ranked affiliates can earn up to $50,000 a month
- 250K ranked affiliates can earn up to $100,000 a month
- 500K ranked affiliates can earn up to $200,000 a month
QuiAri pays a Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned by personally recruited affiliates.
- 5K and 10K ranked affiliates earn a 10% Matching Bonus
- 25K to 100K ranked affiliates earn a 20% Matching Bonus
- 150K and higher ranked affiliates earn a 25% Matching Bonus
QuiAri affiliates who generate 1000 GV in autoship volume within 14 days of signing up, qualify for a $500 Speed Bonus.
50K and higher ranked QuiAri affiliates qualify for a monthly Lifestyle Bonus.
- 50K ranked affiliates receive $500
- 100K ranked affiliates receive $1000
- 150K ranked affiliates receive $1500
- 250K ranked affiliates receive $2500
- 500K ranked affiliates receive $5000
Note that 150K and higher ranked affiliates must hold qualification for two months prior to receiving the Lifestyle Bonus.
Basic QuiAri affiliate membership is $25 a year.
Affiliates can optionally sign up with a $250 Starter Pack or $500 Lifestyle Pack.
The primary difference between the two packs is bundled QuiAri products.
QuiAri is a departure from Talk Fusion in that it’s not marketing an overpriced and comparatively out of date communication service.
This is a good thing but I’m not entirely sold on maqui berry products.
Macqui berry has a lot of antioxidants but anything beyond that devolves into “may” territory (may do this, may do that etc.).
This invites overstated medical claims, because having lots of antioxidants isn’t really anything remarkable these days.
Let’s face it, antioxidants are everywhere and trying to impress people with them from a marketing perspective is an uphill battle.
Going over the QuiAri Shake and Energy ingredient lists, nothing really stood out. And I think this is where QuiAri affiliates will struggle.
What makes your product stand out among the bajillion other shake and energy supplements out there?
We have maqui berry…
I punched maqui berry into Amazon and bottles of 180 capsules start at around $22 to $23.
That’s going up against $80 a month for QuiAri Shake. Obvious the shake has more going for it than a straight maqui berry supplement, but is that worth the premium (we’re back to a lack of differentiation).
Moving onto the compensation, while it’s great that QuiAri don’t count an affiliates purchases toward PV – it’s let down by counting downline purchases.
(PV is) the point value assigned to each commissionable product of your personally sponsored Customers and Promoters.
Please note that your personal product purchases do not count towards commission qualification of any type.
Here QuiAri have missed a chance to demonstrate a strong retail focus.
Typically PV includes an affiliate’s own purchases, so I’m not really sure what the point of excluding them in favor of counting downline volume was.
Logically a downline making purchases will satisfy a 50 PV monthly requirement over an affiliate’s own purchase.
Retail is of course there but can be ignored… which is a problem (keeping in mind potential marketing difficulties discussed).
What we don’t want to see is yet another niche product attached to an affiliate autoship scheme, and unfortunately QuiAri do little to prevent that.
Excluding downline purchases for calculating PV is a small change with immediate retail focused results.
By including downline volume towards PV, ascertaining the extent a potential upline is focused on retail is also problematic.
About the best you can hope for is the straight-forward “how much PV did you do in retail customer orders over the past few months”.
It’s direct and there’s no room for nuance.
Not my favored way to break the “are you running a pyramid scheme” ice. Unfortunately however QuiAri’s “downline purchases are PV” leaves no other feasible option.
Approach with caution.
Charging a shipping fee of $20 for TWO products is not cool. I am staying away from this company!
Tax and shipping to Europe very expensive.
Well, Jim and Marcie Fobair have come out of retirement to promote this program.
Seems Jim got fat during his retirement, and this has given him energy and the weight loss he wanted. At least that’s the storyline they are telling.
Of course Jim and Marcie were big leaders in OneSource that crashed and burned causing him to pay a $50,000 fine and get out of dodge and move to the Philippines.
It will be interesting to see what kind of impact they have on the company and sales.
One has to wonder just how many of his former downline will be willing to join them and promote this company.
The most important thing is missing in this review! Oz should work more carefully… 🙂
Video from December 2021:
Why did Svitlana Korniichuk from Ukraine upload this video? This woman supported the OneCoin scam for years!!! Does a OneCoin millionaire (“Blue Diamond”, GLG) still have to work? See here:
Not to forget: Svitlana Korniichuk is an educated woman! She studied cheating at OneAcademy. Video from October 2016:
The following students are euphoric about OneAcademy:
Antonina Podulskaya (from Ukraine, lives in Italy) – Svitlana Korniichuk – Dilbar Mirsaitova – Kenny Nordlund – Cristi Calina and Sebastian Greenwood.
Isn’t 5 minutes kinda long for a digital transfer?
Maybe they’re using the same PC they rendered that slideshow video with at 2 fps. Time for an upgrade Svitlana.