Poofy Organics Review: USDA organic certified personal care
Poofy Organics was founded in 2006 and is based out of New Jersey in the US.
So the story goes;
Poofy Organics was founded in 2006 after a family member was diagnosed with breast cancer. Our family was determined to stop using products laden with toxic chemicals.
We are a small family-run business and proud of our accomplishments.
Heading up Poofy Organics are co-founders Kristina Gagliardi-Wilson (CEO) and Nella Gagliardi.
In her previous life, Kristina was a special education teacher and worked as an adjunct professor at Montclair State University.
Her staff does not follow directions but she loves them anyway.
Nella, who used to be an Italian interpreter, loves to work with her family.
She does everything in the store from filling product, hoarding napkins, shipping and taking care of Baby Poof!
“Baby Poof” refers to Kristina’s son (Nella Gagliardi is Kristina’s mother).
As far as I can tell, Poofy Organics appears to be the Gagliardi’s first MLM venture.
Read on for a full review of the Poofy Organics MLM opportunity.
The Poofy Organics Product Line
Poofy Organics claim their
products are made fresh, by hand, on our premises in small batches and fragranced only with essential oils and extracts that have long been used for therapeutic properties.
When we say ORGANIC, we mean it! With USDA organic certification.
Poofy Organics USDA certified product range categories include
- essential oils & blends
- facial care
- bath salts, bombs & steamers and
- mouth care
Poofy Organics market over four hundred products, which is far too many to list here in this review. For specific product information a full retail catalog with pricing is provided on the Poofy Organics website.
The Poofy Organics Compensation Plan
The Poofy Organics compensation plan pays affiliates to sell products to retail customers.
Residual commissions are paid out via a three-level deep unilevel team and generation bonus.
Poofy Organics Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within the Poofy Organics compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Advocate – sign up as a Poofy Organics affiliate ($34.95)
- Activist – qualify for MLM commissions and recruit at least one affiliate who is also MLM commission qualified
- Missionary – generate at least 300 PV a month and recruit and maintain at least two MLM commission qualified affiliates
- Challenger – generate at least 500 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least three commission qualified affiliates and generate $1800 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume
- Gladiator – generate at least 600 PV a month, maintain at least three commission qualified affiliates and generate $3000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume
- Champion – generate at least 800 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least four commission qualified affiliates (two must be Missionary ranked or higher) and generate $5000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume
- Superhero – generate at least 1000 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least five commission qualified affiliates (two must be Challenger ranked or higher) and generate $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume
- Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, maintain at least five commission qualified affiliates (two must be Champion ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume
- Bronze Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least six commission qualified affiliates (two must be Superhero ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume and $30,000 in total downline volume
- Silver Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, maintain at least six commission qualified affiliates (one must be Superhero and one Elite ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume and $50,000 in total downline volume
- Gold Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, maintain at least six commission qualified affiliates (two must be Superhero and one Bronze ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume and $100,000 in total downline volume
- Platinum Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, maintain at least six commission qualified affiliates (two must be Bronze ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume and $200,000 in total downline volume
- Diamond Elite – maintain at least 1000 PV a month, recruit and maintain at least seven commission qualified affiliates (two must be Bronze and one Silver ranked or higher) and maintain $8000 GV in personally recruited affiliate sales volume and $400,000 in total downline volume
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by an affiliate’s own product orders and that of their retail customers.
PV is calculated at a rate of 70% of the retail price of products ordered.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated by an affiliate and their downline.
All PV and GV requirements are monthly recurring.
Poofy Organics has no commission qualification requirements for retail commissions.
To qualify for MLM commissions, a Poofy Organics affiliate must qualify at the Challenger or higher ranks (see qualification criteria above).
Note that the MLM commission qualification requirement is waived for an affiliate’s first month.
Poofy Organics pay up to 30% commissions on retail sales.
How much of a percentage is paid out is determined by how much retail sales volume (PV) an affiliate generates each month:
- base retail commission rate = 25%
- 1000 to 1999 PV in monthly retail sales = 28%
- 2000 to 2999 PV in monthly retail sales = 29%
- 3000 or more PV in monthly retail sales = 30%
Poofy Organics pay residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Poofy Organics cap payable unilevel levels at three, with commissions paid out as a percentage of sales volume generated by a unilevel team:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 2%
- level 2 – 2%
- level 3 – 1%
Note that a Poofy Organics affiliate must be at the Challenger or higher rank to qualify for residual commissions.
A generation in the Poofy Organics compensation plan is defined when a Superhero or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
This affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after them.
If no second Superhero or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in the leg, the second generation runs the full length of the leg.
Otherwise the second Superhero or higher ranked affiliate caps off the second generation, with the third beginning immediately after.
Using this method to define generation in each unilevel leg, Poofy Organics affiliates can earn a generation bonus on sales volume generated across four generations.
- Elite – 3% on the first generation
- Bronze Elite – 3% on the first generation and 2% on the second
- Silver Elite and higher – 3% on the first generation, 2% on the second and 1% on the third and fourth
The Rank Bonus is quoted as a bonus sales percentage based on a Poofy Organic affiliate’s rank:
- Elite – 1%
- Bronze Elite – 2%
- Silver Elite – 3%
- Gold Elite – 4%
- Platinum Elite – 5%
- Diamond Elite – 6%
The compensation plan documentation doesn’t actually state what this bonus percentage applies to. Presumably it’s residual commissions, the generation bonus or both.
Rank Advancement Bonus
Poofy Organics affiliates are paid a one-time Rank Advancement Bonus beginning at the Challenger rank:
- Challenger – $50
- Gladiator – $100
- Chamption – $100
- Superhero – $250
A 100% matching bonus is also paid to the affiliate who recruited an affiliate who receives a Rank Advancement Bonus.
Joining Poofy Organics
Poofy Organics affiliate membership is $34.95 and then $9.95 a month.
Rather than just offer your typical personal care MLM products, Poofy Organics are marketing to a specific demographic interests in organic products.
Products with the POOFY ORGANICS logo are USDA Certified Organic.
According to the USDA, organic certification
allows a farm or processing facility to sell, label, and represent their products as organic.
Organic certification verifies that your farm or handling facility complies with the USDA organic regulations.
For those wanting clarification beyond government certification, from what I’ve seen Poofy Organics are pretty transparent when it comes to fielding customer inquiries.
Poofy Organics make the products they sell themselves, so they know exactly what’s going into them.
Considering the organic nature of Poofy Organics’ products, pricing seemed pretty decent too. Obviously I’d encourage you to compare anything you’re interested in with a local equivalent (if available).
Moving on the business side of things, Poofy Organics claim that
unlike most direct sales companies, we are not in business to exponentially recruit and we have no problems with low sponsorship. We emphasize quality versus quantity.
Poofy Organics’ compensation plan starts allows an affiliate to ease into the business. There are no retail commission qualification barriers, so affiliates can get started building sales volume via retail sales.
The increased retail commission based on monthly retail sales volume is a great incentive.
MLM commission qualification starts at the Challenger affiliate rank. This requires 500 PV a month and the recruitment of at least three affiliates.
This is potentially a bit steep, however achievable if an affiliate is focusing on generating recurring retail sales.
That said it’s definitely on the stronger side of marketing, so this might a struggle for some Poofy Organics affiliates.
The good news is there’s no financial commitment while you build your Poofy Organics business.
It is worth point out though that if an affiliate doesn’t generate 200 PV over a four month period, they lose their downline.
This could potentially be devastating to a new Poofy Organics affiliate who might need longer than four months to slowly build their business.
On the flip side, if you can’t generate $200 worth of retail sales (including a few personal orders) over four months, then perhaps Poofy Organics isn’t a fit for you.
The primary marketing method encouraged by Poofy Organics is that of the home party.
If an affiliate’s home party generates 200 PV or more in retail sales, they can qualify for free product.
And if you’re new to the party plan business model, you might want to first attend one of your upline’s parties to get a feel for it.
I don’t think it’s realistic to suggest anyone is going to commit to $500 or more worth of product each month (PV) for commission qualification.
That means Poofy Organics affiliates are really going to have to drive retail sales if they want to make it.
The products lend themselves to regular consumption, with the organic focus a driver for customer loyalty.
Test the waters with a few Poofy Organics product purchases of your own. If you think you have a shot at selling a few hundred dollars worth of product each month, good luck!
With a name like that I can’t see a market for the products in the UK.
Yeah I’m not sure what the deal is there. Guessing the US vernacular is um, different :).
Well, not that different, LOL.
An odd name for sure, but it has a cute reason. From their Our Story page:
Go on, open up a store in the UK with this line. I dare you :D.
ROFL….guess I should have googled poofy for the U.K.
Got it now…
I’d like to make a few corrections. I am currently a guide with Poofy Organics and there is no annual enrollment fee.
There is a ONE time enrollment fee of $39.95. Once active there is a recurring monthly website hosting fee of $9.95/month, that’s it.
Also, Poofy pays up to 41% of retail commissions, not 30%. Please have all the facts straight before exposing information of complanies.
Other than that, the rest of the information has been greatly simplified to understand. And I LOVE working as Poofy Guide. Great company, great people.
Thanks for the clarifications Vanessa.
Poofy Organics don’t clearly state this on their website (you can’t get past the signup screen without providing personal information.
In these scenarios I try to pool information from where I can, which might not always be 100% accurate (although I do try to cross-reference).
Where are you getting 41% from?
The max retail commission is 30% (3000+ PV) plus the Diamond Elite volume bonus (6%) is 36%. Where is the extra 5% coming from?