BlackOxygen Organics: Fulvic acid from a Canadian bog
BlackOxygen Organics operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
The company is based out of Canada and headed up by founder and CEO, Marc Saint Onge.
Note that a US corporate address in Wyoming is provided on BlackOxygen Organics’ website.
This address belongs to Registered Agents Inc., who sell shell company incorporation services.
BlackOxygen Organics has its roots in Golden Moor, a mud company Saint Onge started in 1986.
As Saint Onge claims on his LinkedIn profile;
For 26 years, I built this business into a mutlit national [sic] export company selling mud all over the world.
I brought this company public in 2010 and sold it 2 years later.
BlackOxygen Organics was launched in June 2012.
I created this innovative delivery system in a tube for our famous blackoxygen drink containing our propriatery [sic] fulvic acid formula.
I believe the MLM side of the business was launched on or around 2015.
Read on for a full review of BlackOxygen Organics’ MLM opportunity.
BlackOxygen Organics’ Products
BlackOxygen Organics’ website details three products; BlackOxygen Tabs, BlackOxygen Powder and BlackOxygen Coffee.
What is “blackoxygen”?
It’s dirt sourced from the Moose Creek bog in Ontario, Canada.
Or as BlackOxygen Organics puts it;
We found the highest, purest and most bio-available form of organic, non- fossilized Humic/Fulvic Acid known to man in Canada.
A relatively unknown substance affectionately called, the ‘miracle molecule’.
Science hasn’t been able to replicate it, which may be why you haven’t heard of it yet.
As put to the Canadian Securities Exchange when Marc Saint-Onge was running Golden Moore;
Golden Moore began in 1987. It was founded by Marc Saint-Onge (of Ottawa).
Initially, Saint-Onge started the company in his home, using a washing machine to mix ingredients.
After an extensive search of 63 bogs, Marc discovered a bog in Casselman, for which he has a 25-year contract for extraction rights.
The qualify of the moor in this area is of higher qualify than any moor used elsewhere in the world.
Getting back to BlackOxygen Organics’ products themselves;
- BlackOxygen Tabs – “each tablet is one daily dose of fulvic/humic”, retails at $110 for a box of 40 tablets
- BlackOxygen Powder – “Multi purpose use”, retails at $110 for a 125 g pouch
- BlackOxygen Coffee – “premium Italian Roast infused with fulvic minerals”, retails at $30 for a box of 12 servings
BlackOxygen Organics recommends its products be drunk, worn and bathed in.
A “30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee” is offered on all BlackOxygen Organics product orders.
BlackOxygen Organics’ Compensation Plan
BlackOxygen Organics’ compensation plan combines direct retail and recruitment commissions with with residual unilevel commissions.
A Matching Bonus and Rank Achievement Bonuses are also available.
BlackOyxgen Organics Affiliate Ranks
There are fourteen affiliate ranks within BlackOxygen Organics’ compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Partner – sign up as a BlackOxygen Organics affiliate
- Active Brand Partner – generate and maintain 80 PV a month (160 PV if retail volume)
- Active and Qualified Brand Partner – maintain 80 PV a month (160 PV if retail volume) and recruit and maintain two Active Brand Partners
- Business Partner – not disclosed
- Executive Partner – not disclosed
- Director – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 5000 GV a month
- Gold Director – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 15,000 GV a month
- Platinum Director – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 30,000 GV a month
- Diamond Director – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 50,000 GV a month
- CEO – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 100,000 GV a month
- Gold CEO – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 200,000 GV a month
- Platinum CEO – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 500,000 GV a month
- Diamond CEO – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 1,000,000 GV a month
- Royal Diamond CEO – maintain A&Q Brand Partner qualification and generate and maintain 2,000,000 GV a month
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail orders and an affiliate’s own purchases.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline (includes retail customer volume).
- if an affiliate is rank qualifying on 160 PV retail volume, that must come from two customers ordering at least 80 PV a month each;
- from Director, up to 50% of required GV is counted from any one unilevel team leg.
Regarding Business Partner and Executive Partner qualification, while they both are referenced in BlackOxygen Organics’ compensation documentation, no qualification criteria is provided.
I assume MLM commission qualification applies but I’m seeing as Business Partners qualify for residual commissions, I’m unsure what the difference between the two ranks is.
BlackOxygen Organics affiliates earn a 25% commission on retail customer order sales volume.
BlockOxygen Organics pays a commission on orders made by personally recruited affiliates.
BlackOxygen Organics’ recruitment commissions are paid via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
BlackOxygen Organics caps recruitment commissions at five unilevel team levels.
Recruitment commissions are paid out as a percentage of affiliate order volume across these five levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 25%
- levels 2 to 5 – 5%
Note that recruitment commissions are only paid out on orders made by recruited affiliates during their first sixty days.
BlackOygen Organics pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
To qualify for residual commissions, each BlackOxygen Organics affiliate must recruit and maintain two MLM commission qualified affiliates.
Residual commissions are paid out monthly, as a percentage of sales volume generated on the weaker binary team leg.
- Business Partners and Executive Partners earn a 10% residual commission rate
- Directors through to Diamond Directors earn a 15% residual commission rate
- CEOs and higher earn a 20% residual commission rate
Note that BlackOyxgen Organics caps residual commissions at $150,000 a month for all affiliates.
Once paid out on, volume on the weaker side is matched against volume on the stronger binary team side.
It is then flushed, with any leftover volume on the stronger side carrying over.
The Matching Bonus is paid on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates.
The Matching Bonus is paid out using the same unilevel team recruitment commissions are paid with (see “recruitment commissions” above).
BlackOxygen Organics pays the Matching Bonus on up to seven unilevel team levels.
How many levels the Matching Bonus is paid out on is determined by rank:
- Directors earn a 30% match on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Gold Directors earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- Platinum Directors earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 and 3
- Diamond Directors earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 4
- CEOs earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 5
- Gold CEOs earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 6
- Platinum CEOs and higher earn a 30% match on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 7
Rank Achievement Bonus
BlackOyxgen Organics affiliates earn a one-time Rank Achievement Bonus starting from Executive Partner.
- qualify as an Executive Partner and receive 100 loyalty credits (to be spent on products)
- qualify as a Director and receive $500
- qualify as a Gold Director and receive $1500
- qualify as a Platinum Director and receive $3000
- qualify as a Diamond Director and receive $5000
- qualify as a CEO and receive $15,000
- qualify as a Gold CEO and receive $50,000
- qualify as a Platinum CEO and receive $150,000
- qualify as a Diamond CEO and receive $250,000
- qualify as a Royal Diamond CEO and receive $500,000
Director Fast Track Bonus
If a BlackOxygen Organics affiliate qualifies at Director to Diamond Director within their first 60 days, and meets additional set criteria, they earn triple the regular Rank Achievement Bonus.
- qualify as a Director within your first 60 days and receive $1500
- qualify as a Gold Director within your first 60 days and receive $4500
- qualify as a Platinum Director within your first 60 days and receive $9000
- qualify as a Diamond Director within your first 60 days and receive $15,000
Additional set criteria for all Director Fast Start Bonuses includes:
- maintaining an autoship order; and
- generating 500 PV a month through personal purchases (includes autoship) and retail customer orders.
Director Fast Start Bonuses are stackable for a total of $30,000 if Diamond Director qualification is reached.
Business Builder Bonus
The Business Builder Bonus is a monthly bonus awarded to Directors and higher.
- Directors receive $100 and 100 loyalty credits a month
- Gold Directors receive $200 and 150 loyalty credits a month
- Platinum Directors receive $350 and 200 loyalty credits a month
- Diamond Directors receive $500 and 250 loyalty credits a month
- CEOs receive $1000 and 500 loyalty credits a month
- Gold CEOs receive $1500 and 500 loyalty credits a month
- Platinum CEOs receive $2000 and 500 loyalty credits a month
- Diamond CEOs receive $2500 and 500 loyalty credits a month
- Royal Diamond CEOs receive $5000 and 500 loyalty credits a month
Joining BlackOxygen Organics
BlackOxygen Organics affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of the company’s product(s).
- Partner Pack Tablets – $110
- Partner Pack Powder – $110
- Combo Pack – $200 (one box tablets and one powder pouch)
- Business Pack – $580 (three boxes of tablets and three powder pouches)
- Director Pack – $995 (five boxes of tablets, five powder pouches and five boxes of coffee)
- Professional Pack – $1845 (twelve boxes of tablets and twelve powder pouches)
BlackOxygen Organics Conclusion
There’s a bit to unpack with BlackOxygen Organics’ humic/fulvic acid supplements – specifically pertaining to how it is sourced.
So the story goes;
Having witnessed European mud baths profoundly help a broad spectrum of health challenges Marc had a hunch there was similar fulvic acid-rich mud in Canada.
This led to the discovery of one of the richest sources of fulvic acid in the world in the Ottawa Valley not far from Marc’s home.
Marc has since established himself as one of the world’s most respected experts in the area of fulvic minerals.
Some guy was sitting in a bath in Europe and went, “Hang on, we have dirt back home in Canada.” And wouldn’t you know, a bog “not far from home” held “one of the richest sources of fulvic acid in the world”.
Seems a bit coincidental to me as presented but there it is.
The way BlackOxygen Organics’ humic/fulvic acid is pitched, and the company leans heavily into this with their marketing, is some guy is there in the bog with a shovel. Something something bon appetite.
That “something something” provides a bit of nuance to the extraction process;
When extracted, purified and delivered in a liquid supplement form, it carries all the nutritional information, anti-oxidant capacity and genetic coding of everything in that decomposed matter.
We know the fundamental building blocks of our bodies are the same as other organisms so it only makes sense to nourish your body with what it is made of, optimizing regeneration and repair.
Are there nutrients in the ground? Sure. Does your body need them from this very specific source? That I’m not convinced of.
I’m not a nutritional expert so I’ll defer to Abby Langer, a University educated and registered Dietician who has “worked extensively both in nutrition management and in clinical nutrition.”
Upon looking into BlackOxygen Organics, Langer found
pages and groups are full of woo woo claims such as how fulvic acid ‘strips candida’ and ‘puts your in perfect sync with the planet’s vibration.’
Even worse, there are posts about how this product helps people ‘detox’ from trauma.
Apparently, Black Oxygen Organics can be used in a foot soak that detoxes you and your trauma, and also de-worms you.
You can’t soak your feet in ANYTHING and detox any part of you (except for maybe your stinky feet).
What caught my eye in particular was specific claims pertaining to treatment of diseases.
According to some of the posts I’ve seen, Black Oxygen Organics dirt can ‘cure’ diabetes, rid you of the parasites that everyone seems to think they have right now (and probably don’t), cleanse your body, cure your mold toxicity, fix your trauma, improve your gut health, calm your stress, end your chronic fatigue, help prevent Alzheimer’s disease, heal autism, fibromyalgia, and wounds.
Illegal medical claims and MLM is something I’m familiar with. And it didn’t take me long to verify Langer’s findings.
I found this guy on YouTube pitching BlackOxygen Organics’ products as a treatment for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease:
Contrary to how he’s labelled it, none of the studies he cites in the video pertain to BlackOxygen Organics’ products.
And its not just Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, this affiliate pitches BlackOxygen Organics as a treatment for every major disease:
I figured I’d see what was going on with COVID-19 and, sure enough…
And if you’re wondering where this marketing is coming from, look no further than BlackOxygen Organics corporate itself.
This is an FTC “shooting fish in a barrel” regulatory lawsuit waiting to happen.
Moving on from egregious and totally illegal marketing claims, Bio Mineral Balance, a naturopathic therapist operating out of London who is familiar with fulvic acid as a treatment, had this to say (verbatim with original grammar and spelling mistakes);
ive been importing, selling and using Humic and Fulvic acid for over 7 years , having many amazing results with patients and customers.
Recently a company called Black Oxygen Organics (BOO) has come onto the seen.
They state that they have certification from Govenment of canada, but this is just a regulatory body of which all Drugs and health Products would have to go through.
They deal in licences, inspections, buying and using products safely, side effects, recalls and complaints.
This is by no means a difficult certification to get.
Boo is not USDA organic , Kosher approved or certified and cannot meet any of these standards to be free from Animal byproducts, gmo, radiation or any other inorganic chemicals.
I recently placed an order with my supplier and i thought they may know of BOO, being the number one source in the world for the ONLY USDA approved Humic and fulvic acid for both Pharmaceutical, food grade use and Agricultural and Husbandry use.
Some of the most reputable companies source from them to, such as Mother Earth labs, BlackMP, BLK water as well as many East Asian hospitals and gourmet restaurants.
They had heard of them and infact had alot of customers asking about them , so much so that they had decided to investigate themselves…
Firstly they had a sample of BOO taken and found it to be Mostly Humas with very low amounts of Fulvic. much like agricultural grade.
In shear contrast to a seller of Boo stating to me the product was 60% Humic and 40% Fulvic, this was found to be completely untrue…and did not state this on their website.
Secondly BOO COULD NOT provide any Mineral analysis for their product either, which is definitely a red flag.
and 3rd which is the MOST ALARMING is that the Peat bog which BOO sources from is in close proximity to GFL Environmental waste management land fill site and also near to Chalk river laboratories nuclear testing facility.
Expansion and construction of the landfill site and treatment plant was also expected to have began in 2019. (see pic)
So i dont know about you, but this product is definitely in my opinion not fit for any living beings consumption.
The easy claim to address here is the radiation one. The only nuclear facility in the area (that I could find) was Chalk River Laboratories.
That’s 200KM away from Casselman and not an issue.
I next went looking for landfill dumps and there are three government run sites, none of which are 15km within the vicinity of Moose Creek bog.
What does stick is Lafleche Environmental (dba GFL Environmental), who operate just up the road from Moose Creek Bog (scale bottom right):
From Lafleche Environmental’s website:
Lafleche Environmental Inc, part of GFL Environmental Inc., specializes, amongst others, in the integrated management of domestic, industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) wastes offering complete waste management services from collection, transport, composting, recycling and disposal.
And according to GFL Environmental, it
owns and operates a broad network of 45 specially designed non-hazardous solid waste landfills and processing facilities across our North American footprint.
One of those landfills is in Moose Creek.
Here’s a satellite photo showing you just how close to the landfill and leachate ponds Moose Creek bog is.
Oh and there’s also plans underway to expand the existing landfill site.
To be clear, I’m not accusing Lafleche Environmental or GFL Environmental of mismanagement or claiming their operations are/have contaminated surrounding land.
You can read up on Lafleche’s environmental compliance on their website.
In response to concerns about the harvesting of BlackOyxgen Organics’ mud, CEO Marc Saint Onge sent out the following via email;
Recently there have been claims by other people or unofficial out-of-the-blue experts who apparently know and figured out we extract our moor mud close to a “toxic waste site”.
We know that specific competitors have put out extensive write-ups to claim we harvest near a waste dump and even close to a nuclear reactor.
These vicious rumours are simply untrue and they are only created to deter the unparalleled quality of our products.
The product has been untouched for 60,000 years – it’s pretty easy for that to be certified “organic”.
Please provide us your proof that BOO has very low fulvic – as this is also another untrue rumor going around like the “toxic waste dump” one as well that is simply slander from the competition to sell their product.
Listen – feel free to promote your product as you wish. There’s no harm in that.
Just make sure you use accurate information so you don’t look like a liar when you put out your posts.
All said and done, would I munch down on dirt across the road from a landfill and leachate pond site?
If I was hell-bent on taking fulvic acid, I’d probably look elsewhere. Your mileage might vary.
By how much might depend on whether you’ve signed up as an affiliate – which brings us to BlackOxygen Organics’ compensation plan.
The first thing that struck me was the retail qualification penalty. If a BlackOxygen Organics affiliate signs up for autoship (or manually orders each month), they only have to clear 80 PV.
If they wish to qualify for retail, they’re slapped with a 200% 160 PV penalty. That right off the bat discourages retail.
Requiring an affiliate order to fully qualify for the compensation plan only underscored what the evidently intended route for commission qualification is.
The quick fix is keeping the 160 retail PV qualifier and removing the 80 PV self-purchase criteria.
What I will give BlackOxygen Organics credit for is their loyalty credits rewards.
Loyalty Credit s are to encourage more product sharing to build your business each month.
They seem to be pretty generous and if used for retail could be an easy to way to provide samples.
Note that one thing I didn’t see discussed anywhere on BlackOxygen Organics’ website was what this processed bog sludge tastes like.
Elsewhere I read there isn’t much of a taste. I assume the coffee still tastes like coffee though.
Should a BlackOxygen Organics affiliate sign up, jump on autoship and do nothing but recruit other affiliates who do the same, there’s nothing discouraging them.
That’s a problem. Throw in illegal medical claims all over the place (god knows what’s going on behind closed doors), some by BlackOxygen Organics corporate, the unpalatable thought of an expanding landfill dump site in the immediate vicinity of Moose Creek bog and… well this is definitely one of the more interesting reviews I’ve put together.
Approach with more than the usual amount of caution.