OneCoin criminal indictment sentencing dates
Given the amount of OneCoin scammers that have been indicted in the US, it’s difficult to keep track of the upcoming sentencing dates.
Throw in the pandemic and constant resetting of dates and… well, you’d be forgiven for losing track of who’s being sentenced when.
It’s my job to keep track of these things and when someone asks me even I draw a blank.
Following one such occurrence earlier today, I thought it’d be a good idea to put together the current dates in a separate article.
That means I can point anyone looking for the dates here, as well as being able to update the dates as they’re constantly pushed back.
As it stands three indicted OneCoin scammers have sentencing dates;
- Gilbert Armenta (money laundering) – January 29th, 2021
- Mark Scott (money laundering) – February 25th, 2021
- Konstantin Ignatov (OneCoin CEO after Ruja disappeared, cooperating with US authorities) – May 14th, 2021
Ruja Ignatova, Sebastian Greenwood and David Pike have been indicted.
- Ruja Ignatova (OneCoin founder) – remains at large
- Sebastian Greenwood (OneCoin second in command, extradited from Thailand) – case is ongoing
- David Pike (money laundering) – case is ongoing, plea control date scheduled for March 4th, 2021
I’ll be updating these dates if they change, so if you’re reading this consider the above dates accurate.
Update 20th October 2020 – Gilbert Armenta’s sentencing has been postponed to January 29th, 2021.
As per a letter motion filed by the DOJ on October 16th;
The parties are in continuing discussions regarding various forfeiture issues, among other sentencing-related issues.
Update 11th November 2020 – Due to his ongoing cooperation with authorities, Konstantin Ignatov’s sentencing has been scheduled for May 14th, 2021.
Update 18th November 2020 – Due to ongoing forfeiture negotiations, Mark Scott’s sentencing has been postponed to February 25th, 2021.