SMD Review: Leasing ruse “click a button” app Ponzi
SMD fails to provide ownership or executive information on its website.
SMD’s website domain (“smd-vip.com”), was privately registered on September 23rd, 2023.
If we look at SMD’s website source-code we find Chinese:
This strongly suggests whoever is running SMD has ties to China.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
SMD has no retailable products or services.
Affiliates are only able to market SMD affiliate membership itself.
SMD’s Compensation Plan
SMD affiliates invest Pakistani Rupees (PKR)
This is done on the promise of a daily return:
- VIP1 – invest 1700 PKR and receive 207 PKR a day capped at 12,006 PKR
- VIP2 – invest 3600 PKR and receive 529 PKR a day capped at 30,682 PKR
- VIP3 – invest 7800 PKR and receive 1182 PKR a day capped at 68,556 PKR
- VIP4 – invest 15,800 PKR and receive 2508 PKR a day capped 145,464 PKR
- VIP5 – invest 27,500 PKR and receive 4583 PKR a day capped at 265,814 PKR
- VIP6 – invest 46,800 PKR and receive 8509 PKR a day capped at 495,522 PKR
- VIP7 – invest 67,800 PKR and receive 13,560 PKR a day capped at 786,480 PKR
- VIP8 – invest 98,200 PKR and receive 20,458 PKR a day capped at 1,186,564 PKR
- VIP9 – invest 156,000 PKR and receive 34,657 PKR a day capped at 2,010,686 PKR
SMD pays referral commissions on invested PKR down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 26%
- level 2 – 3%
- level 3 – 1%
SMD affiliate membership is free.
Full participation in the attached income opportunity requires a minimum 1700 PKR investment.
SMD solicits investment in PKR through OnePay.
SMD is yet another “click a button” app Ponzi scheme.
SMD’s “click a button” Ponzi ruse is the leasing model. This time it’s deep-sea mining equipment.
The presented ruse is SMD affiliates log in and click a button (the more invested the more the button needs to be clicked).
Clicking the button purportedly keeps the leased equipment powered and generating revenue. For some reason SMD shares a percentage of this revenue with its affiliate investors.
If that makes no sense it’s because it doesn’t. Randoms clicking a button in an app doesn’t keep fictional deep-sea mining equipment powered.
In reality clicking a button inside SMD’s app does nothing. All SMD does is recycle newly invested funds to pay earlier investors.
SMD is part of a group of “click a button” app Ponzis that have emerged since late 2021.
Including SMD, BehindMLM has thus far documented ninety-seven “click a button” app Ponzis. Most of them last a few weeks to a few months before collapsing.
“Click a button” app Ponzis disappear by disabling both their websites and app. This tends to happen without notice, leaving the majority of investors with a loss (inevitable Ponzi math).
The same group of Chinese scammers are believed to be behind the “click a button” app Ponzi plague.