Well Beyond Review: MXI Corp continues, now with Ponzi link
Well Beyond operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
The company came about back in 2017, following the acquisition of MXI Corp by Jeremy Reynolds.
MXI Corp marketed Xocai chocolate, with the two brands being synonymous with each other.
Reynolds (right) is credited as a “founding distributor” of MXI Corp. In essence, MXI Corp’s founders, Jeanette and Andrew Brooks, sold the company to their Master Distributor.
As per a September 2017 press-release published on Well Beyond’s website;
Well Beyond will continue marketing all of the current Healthy Chocolate, Xe Energy Drinks, High Antioxidant Wellness Shake, and Xophoria personal care products, along with their recently acquired brand of Nootropic products called Remity to preferred customers and business partners throughout the US, Canada, Scandinavia, and Japan.
In a 2013 marketing video, Reynolds discloses he started a “nutritional manufacturing company” in 2003. Through his company, Reynolds claims to have manufactured products for a number of MLM companies.
Read on for a full review of Well Beyond’s MLM opportunity.
Well Beyond’s Products
As per the press-release quoted above, Well Beyond’s product offering is a continuation of MXI Corp’s Xocai chocolate range.
- XoBiotic Squares – “the first healthy dark chocolate product that also contains functional levels of probiotic organisms”, retails at $39.99 for a pack of thirty squares
- X Power Squares – “loaded with antioxidants and are the most powerful, health-promoting, decadent chocolate ever produced”, retail sat $39.99 for a pack of thirty squares
- Combo Pack – two packs each of XoBiotic and X Power squares, retails at $129.99
- Xe TRM – “fire up your metabolism, energy levels, mood and your microbiome”, retails at $84.99 for a pack of thirty single-serve sachets
- Xe Lite – “a healthy, natural energy drink made of energizing botanicals and antioxidant-rich superfruits”, retails at $84.99 for a case of twenty-four 8.4 oz cans
- Beyond Shake (dark chocolate) – “dark chocolate high antioxidant meal replacement”, retails at $84.99 for a pouch of twenty-eight servings
- Beyond Shake (salted caramel vanilla) – “made from the finest ingredients in the world, featuring the perfect balance of organic 100% vegan protein, heart-healthy fiber, and essential nutrients optimized to achieve and maintain a healthy weight”, retails at $84.99 for a pouch of twenty-eight servings
Added to Xocai chocolate products are Remity supplements and a skincare range:
- Remity Balance – “formulated to support overall gut health”, retails at $45.99 for a bottle of thirty capsules
- Remity Focus – “formulated to keep you feeling relaxed, focused, and sharp”, retails at $45.99 for a bottle of ninety capsules
- Remity Rest & Restore – “this advanced natural herbal blend is designed to help relieve occasional sleeplessness”, retails at $45.99 for a bottle of thirty capsules
- Beyond C Serum – “after cleansing the skin, the Beyond C Serum strengthens the skin’s natural barrier to keep the bad out and the good in”, retails at $84.99 for a 30 ml tube
- Beauty Cream – “delivers all the natural goodness of cacao to protect the skin and preserve its natural beauty”, retails at $84.99 for a 50 ml tube
- Beyond Skincare – combines Beyond C Serum and Beauty Cream for $169.99
Well Beyond’s Compensation Plan
Well Beyond do not provide a copy of their compensation plan on their company website.
The following analysis is based on a “Rewards Plan” video, uploaded to Well Beyond’s official Vimeo channel on or around January 2020.
Well Beyond’s Affiliate Ranks
Well Beyond do not disclose the total number of affiliate ranks or associated qualification criteria in their Rewards Plan video.
That said, having gone through the video I counted at least twelve ranks.
Although not mentioned in Well Beyond’s Rewards Plan video, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that retail commissions exist.
Typically in MLM retail commissions are paid out as a the difference between wholesale and retail pricing.
Well Beyond affiliates earn a commission when they recruit new affiliates.
- recruit a Feature affiliate and earn $20
- recruit a Preferred affiliate and earn $50
- recruit an Elite affiliate and earn $150
A 50% match is also paid on recruitment commissions earned by personally recruited affiliates.
To qualify for residual commissions, a Well Beyond affiliate must personally recruit two affiliates.
Well Beyond pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Well Beyond pays 10% to 20% on sales volume generated through an affiliate’s weaker binary team leg.
- Feature tier affiliates with no rank are paid a 10% residual commission rate
- Executive Influencer ranked affiliates are paid a 12% residual commission rate (also available to Preferred tier affiliates for 8 weeks)
- Ambassador ranked affiliates are paid a 15% residual commission rate
- Executive Ambassador ranked affiliates are paid an 18% residual commission rate
- Crown Ambassador ranked affiliates are paid a 20% residual commission rate (also available to Elite tier affiliates for 8 weeks)
Residual commissions are capped at $250,000 a week, however specific rank tier caps are not provided.
The Matching Bonus is paid on recruitment commissions and residual commissions, tracked via a unilevel team.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
A generation is defined within the unilevel team when an Influencer or higher ranked affiliate is found in a leg.
This affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately thereafter.
If a second Influencer or higher ranked affiliate is found deeper in the leg, they cap off the third generation.
If no such affiliate exists, the second generation runs the full depth of the leg.
Using this generational structure, Well Beyond pays a 10% matching bonus on up to five generations per unilevel team leg.
- non-ranked and Influencer ranked ranked affiliates earn 10% on two generations per leg
- Platinum Influencer ranked affiliates earn 10% on three generations per leg
- Global Influencer ranked affiliates earn 10% on four generations per leg
- Platinum Ambassador and higher ranked affiliates earn 10% on five generations per leg
Global Bonus Pool
Well Beyond takes 10% of company-wide sales volume and splits it across ten Global Bonus Pools.
- Influencers receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Platinum Influencers receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Global Influencers receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Platinum Ambassadors receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Presidential Ambassadors receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Chairmans receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Platinum Chairmans receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Executive Chairmans receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Presidential Chairmans receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
- Crown Chairmans receive a share in a 1% Global Bonus Pool
Note that as long as rank is maintained, shares granted at lower ranks remain active (i.e. a Crown Chairman earns in all ten Global Bonus Pools).
Finally, additional shares are received when personally recruited affiliates qualify for the Executive Chairman to Crown Chairman pools.
Joining Well Beyond
Well Beyond affiliate membership is available at three price-tiers:
- Feature – $199
- Preferred – $499
- Elite – $1499
In addition to bundled products, how much a Well Beyond affiliate spends signing up determines their income potential.
One of my primary concerns in reviewing MXI Corp back in 2012 was the focus on affiliate autoship recruitment.
This appears to still be the case with Well Beyond – but in a less direct manner.
Things get off to a bad start with there being no compensation plan material provided on Well Beyond’s website.
Not good enough. No excuses.
Having found a Rewards Plan video on the company’s official website, it is revealing that retail commissions aren’t mentioned once.
What is focused on is recruitment commissions. Rank qualification criteria isn’t provided but I suspect there’s PV and GV requirements.
If these aren’t being met by retail sales, that leaves affiliate autoship.
Another red flag is Well Beyond’s pay to play affiliate membership tiers.
Enticing people to spend $1499 when they sign up with higher commission rates encourages inventory loading. Pay to play is also a regulatory red flag, as it’s commonly found in pyramid schemes.
What the state of MXI Corp was when Jeremy Reynolds purchased it back in 2017 I can’t say.
Although not a definitive measure of activity, today Well Beyond’s company website has an Alexa ranking of over three million.
This is pretty bad for an active MLM company – and brings us to Beyond Wealth.
I came across Beyond Wealth through a direct link on Well Beyond’s website.
It appears sometime over the past few months Jeremy Reynolds signed up as an Onyx Lifestyle distributor… or more.
Whatever the relationship, Well Beyond affiliates are now being funneled into Onyx Lifestyle.
As reviewed here on BehindMLM mid last year, Onyx Lifestyle is a securities fraud Ponzi scheme.
I went to see how Onyx Lifestyle was doing these days and noted the company’s official website has been rebranded Beyond Wealth.
Onyx Lifestyle’s official Facebook page has been removed. Coincidentally as I was putting this review together, Onyx Lifestyle affiliates are also reporting non-payment.
I don’t know how much money changed hands with who over all of this, but there sure is something fishy is going on.
If MXI Corp’s chocolate legacy is dead and all that’s left is is funneling what’s left of Well Beyond into Ponzi schemes, why signing up is a terrible idea should be obvious.