Solmax Global Review: Equity Token unregistered securities scheme
Solmax Global provides no information on its website about who owns or runs the company.
The Solmax Global website domain (“solmaxglobal.com”) was privately registered on October 4th, 2017.
At the time of publication Alexa cites Pakistan as the primary source of traffic to the Solmax Global website (49%).
This suggests that whoever is running Solmax Global is likely based out of Pakistan.
Based on Solmax Global marketing material, another possibility is someone residing in the UK with strong links to Pakistan.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
Solmax Global Products
Solmax Global has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market Solmax Global affiliate membership itself.
The Solmax Global Compensation Plan
Solmax Global affiliates invest in “Equity Tokens”.
Equity Tokens appear to be some sort of internal cryptocurrency token Solmax Global have created.
Solmax Global affiliates invest in Equity Tokens on the marketing representation that they will rise in price (by) 600% to 800%.
Solmax Global pay commissions on direct and indirect recruitment of new affiliate investors.
When a new Solmax Global affiliate signs up, they have to invest in one of the following packages:
- Basic – £100 GBP
- Starter – £250 GBP
- Executive – £500 GBP
- Professional – £1000 GBP
- Premium – £2500 GBP
- Elite – £5000 GBP
- Supreme – £10,000 GBP
- Max – £25,000 GBP
Note that Solmax Global do not provide information on how many Equity Tokens are provided at each investment tier.
Also note that only 66.6% of commissions paid out by Solmax Global are withdrawable.
The remaining 33.3% are paid out into a “trading account”, which presumably must be spent on additional Equity Token investment.
Solmax Global Affiliate Ranks
There are seven affiliate ranks within the Solmax Global compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Associate – invest at the Executive or higher tier, convince others to invest at least £5600 GBP and recruit at least two Executive or higher investment tier affiliates (one on either side of the binary team)
- Executive Associate – convince others to invest at least £32,000 GBP (min £8000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain at least two Associate or higher ranked affiliates (one on both sides of the binary team)
- Team Leader – invest at the Professional or higher tier, convince others to invest at least £64,000 GBP (min £32,000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain at least three Executive Associate or higher ranked affiliates (min one on both sides of the binary team)
- Regional Manager – convince others to invest at least £160,000 GBP (min £64,000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain at least three Team Leader or higher ranked affiliates (min one on both sides of the binary team)
- Regional Director – invest at the Elite or higher tier, convince others to invest at least £400,000 GBP (min £160,000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain at least four Regional Director or higher ranked affiliates (min two on both sides of the binary team)
- Regional Vice President – convince others to invest at least £1,200,000 GBP (min £400,000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain at least five Regional Director or higher ranked affiliates (min two on both sides of the binary team)
- Senior Vice President – convince others to invest at least £6,400,000 GBP (min £1,200,000 on one side of the binary team) and personally recruit and maintain six Regional Vice Presidents (min three on both sides of the binary team)
Solmax Global pays affiliates 10% of funds invested by personally recruited affiliates.
Solmax Global pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week Solmax Global tallies up new investment volume on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid 10% of investment volume generated on their weaker binary team side.
Leftover volume on the stronger side is carried forward into the following week.
Solmax Global pays a Matching Bonus via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Solmax Global caps payable unilevel team levels at twelve.
The Matching Bonus is paid out as a 2% match of referral and residual commissions paid to affiliates placed within these twelve levels.
How many levels the Matching Bonus is paid out on is determined by how much a Solmax Global affiliate has invested:
- Basic and Starter affiliates don’t qualify for the Matching Bonus
- Executive affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on levels 1 and 2
- Professional affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on levels 1 to 4
- Premium affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on levels 1 to 5
- Elite affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on levels 1 to 8
- Supreme affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on levels 1 to 10
- Max affiliates qualify for the Matching Bonus on all 12 levels
This is in addition to requiring each affiliate to have personally recruited at least two Executive or higher investment tier affiliates (one placed on both sides of the binary team).
Solmax Global take 5% of company-wide investment volume and place it into three Global Pools.
- Top Producer ranked affiliates receive a share in a 1% Global Pool
- President ranked affiliates receive a share in a 2% Global Pool
- Executive ranked affiliates receive a share in a 2% Global Pool
In their compensation plan Solmax Global defines a “Top Producer” as the top ten affiliates in each country based on “business production”.
One can safely assume “business production” correlates to downline investment.
To qualify for the President rank a Solmax Global affiliate must invest at the Elite or higher tiers.
The 2% Executive Global Pool is split between six Solmax Global affiliate ranks:
- Executives receive 6%
- Team Leaders receive 10%
- Regional Managers receive 14%
- Regional Directors receive 18%
- Regional Vice Presidents receive 22%
- Senior Vice Presidents receive 30%
As per the above qualification criteria, the Global Pools are paid to qualifying affiliates daily.
Rank Achievement Bonus
Solmax Global rewards affiliates who qualify at the Associate and higher ranks as follows:
- Associates receive a Solmax Global branded fountain pen
- Executive Associates receive an Apple iPad Mini
- Team Leaders receive an Apple iPhoneX
- Regional Managers, Regional Directors and Regional Vice Presidents receive a “car” at each rank
- Senior Vice Presidents receive a “house purchase contribution”
Joining Solmax Global
Solmax Global affiliate membership is tied to a £100 to £25,000 GBP investment.
The more an affiliate invests the higher their income potential via the Solmax Global compensation plan.
Solmax Global claim their Equity Tokens are backed by Igniter100.
Solmax Offers a global opportunity in referral marketing to those, who like to achieve more and dream more.
We are partner with Igniter100 to market its Equity Tokens and earn rewarding commissions.
Igniter100 has its own website, on which it claims it
provides funding and an offsite incubator environment through which promising FinTech startups can find the resources and tools needed to thrive.
Igniter100 is based out of the UK and headed up by COO Florian Krueger.
According to Krueger’s LinkedIn profile he’s
an experienced board level executive with a successful track record in strategy planning, business & market development, product management, sales and contract negotiation.
Specialties provided on Krueger’s profile include:
- DLT, Blockchain, Enterprise Architecture, Big Data & Business Intelligence, Agile Digital Transformation
- Global Development of Companies and Markets, with focus on EMEA and the US
- Corporate Strategy and
- Marketing, PR and communications
To what extent Krueger is or isn’t involved in Solmax Global is unclear.
What isn’t disclosed on the Igniter100 website is where the company sources its investment capital, or how much it charges.
Regardless, as stated in the Solmax Global compensation plan:
Igniter100 will share its profits with Equity Token holders.
This suggests that Igniter100 is a supposed source of external revenue for Equity Tokens.
The Solmax Global compensation plan also states that Equity Tokens “are tradeable on exchange”.
Equity Tokens aren’t publicly tradeable, so this suggests either Solmax Global or Igniter100 are running an internal exchange.
From here it’s the same old MLM Ponzi points model.
Solmax Global affiliates invest up to £25,000 GBP a pop in Equity Tokens.
Either Solmax Global or Igniter100 set the internal value of Equity Tokens.
As per whatever value is assigned at any given time, Solmax Global affiliates are able to cash out a ROI through an internal exchange.
The long and the short of it is Solmax Global are accepting real money for worthless tokens.
In order to prove Equity Token returns are funded by external revenue generated through Igniter100, Solmax Global would have to register itself with the Financial Conduct Authority.
This would require them to file evidence of audited accounting, proving that external revenue is being used to pay affiliates.
At the time of publication neither Solmax Global or Igniter100 are registered with the FCA.
This means that at best, Solmax Global is operating as an illegal unregistered securities offering.
At worst Solmax Global is using newly invested funds to honor Equity Token ROI withdrawals, which would make it a Ponzi scheme.
On top of this a lack of a retail product means commissions paid out in Solmax Global are tied to pyramid recruitment.
Unfortunately the FCA aren’t known for active regulation of unregistered securities MLM schemes.
This means that it is far more likely that Solmax Global will expire through collapse.
The math behind Ponzi schemes dictates that when they collapse, the majority of investors lose money.