Skinny Body Care Review v2.0
BehindMLM’s original Skinny Body Review was published back in September of 2011.
The Skinny Body Care compensation plan has changed significantly since then. Today we take a look at those changes with an updated Skinny Body Care Review v2.0.
Skinny Body Care was launched in 2011 and today is still operated by its founder, Ben Glinsky.
For more information on Skinny Body Care and Glinsky’s background see BehindMLM’s original Skinny Body Care review.
The Skinny Body Care Product Line
Skinny Body Care has grown their product line from the flagship Skinny Fiber to six products in total:
- Skinny Fiber – “packed with some of the world’s most POWERFUL weight management ingredients to help get your body into weight management mode”
- Skinny Body Max – “a super-enhanced version of Skinny Fiber”
- HiBurn8 – “manage weight while you sleep”
- E3 – “a revolutionary new blend of Vitamins, Minerals, Nutrients, Herbs, and Electrolytes, the ultimate fuel for your body”
- Instant Youth – “reduce the appearance of aging in 90 seconds”
- Ageless – an “all natural formula (that) is like a nutrient-rich superfood for your skin”
Skinny Body Care do not provide retail pricing on their website without an affiliate referral code.
A compensation plan video however states the recommend retail price for Skinny Body Care products is $79.95.
The Skinny Body Care Compensation Plan
The Skinny Body Care compensation plan heavily emphasizes first product orders with a 40% commission on generated volume.
Residual commissions are paid via a unilevel compensation structure, with affiliates able to place recruited affiliates anywhere in their unilevel team.
Skinny Body Care Affiliate Ranks
There are eight affiliate ranks within the Skinny Body Care compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria they are as follows:
- Affiliate – sign up as a Skinny Body Care affiliate
- Bronze – recruit at least three affiliates and/or acquire three preferred retail customers who each generate or purchase 50 BV a month
- Silver – have a total monthly downline volume of 600 GV
- Gold – have a total monthly downline volume of 2000 GV
- Platinum – have a total monthly downline volume of 10,000 GV
- Diamond – have a total monthly downline volume of 50,000 GV
- Crown Diamond – have a total monthly downline volume of 250,000 GV
- Royal Crown Diamond – have a total monthly downline volume of 1,000,000 GV
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated by an affiliate’s downline.
A wholesale or retail sale of a Skinny Body Care product (single-purchase) generates 50 GV.
Note that no more than 50% of GV requirements can come from any one unilevel leg.
In order to qualify for commissions, a Skinny Body Care affiliate must generate at least 50 PV a month.
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by a Skinny Body Care affiliate’s own product purchase or retail customer orders.
Fast Start Enroller Bonus
The Fast Start Enroller Bonus is paid out on the first order made by retail customers on autoship and personally recruited affiliates.
The bonus is paid at a rate of 40% of the commissionable volume generated by the first order.
Monthly Enroller Bonus
The Monthly Enroller Bonus is an additional 10% bonus paid out on orders (after the first) placed by retail customers and personally recruited affiliates.
Fast Start Commissions
Fast Start Commissions are an additional residual commission paid out on top of the Fast Start Enroller Bonus.
The Fast Start Enroller Bonus is paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Fast Start Commissions are payable as a percentage down six unilevel levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates and acquired retail customers) – 10%
- level 2 – 5%
- level 3 – 3%
- levels 4 to 6 – 2%
How many unilevel levels a Skinny Body Care affiliate can earn on is determined by their rank:
- Affiliate to Silver – levels 1 to 3
- Gold to Diamond – levels 1 to 4
- Crown Diamond – levels 1 to 5
- Royal Crown Diamond – levels 1 to 6
Note that the Fast Start Commission is paid out in addition to the Fast Start Enroller Bonus.
A Skinny Body Care affiliate also has the ability to place affiliates within their unilevel team.
Any recruited affiliates who place an affiliate outside of their first six levels forfeits a Fast Start Commission generated by that affiliate.
Conversely if an upline affiliate places a newly recruited affiliate in your first six unilevel commissions, you earn the respective Fast Start Commission generated by that affiliate.
Residual commissions in Skinny Body Care are paid out via the same unilevel compensation structure used to pay Fast Start Commissions (see above).
Residual commissions are paid down a total of ten unilevel levels as follows:
- Affiliate – 10% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates), 5% on level 2 and 3% on level 3
- Bronze – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on level 4
- Silver – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 and 5
- Gold – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 to 6
- Platinum – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 to 7
- Diamond – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 to 8
- Crown Diamond – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 to 9
- Royal Crown Diamond – 10% on level 1, 5% on level 2, 3% on level 3 and 2% on levels 4 to 10
A generation in Skinny Body Care’s compensation plan is defined when a Platinum or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
Once found, the Platinum or higher ranked affiliate caps off the first generation. The second generation then begins after the affiliate, up until another Platinum or higher ranked affiliate is found.
Using this definition of a generation, Skinny Body Care affiliates are able to earn an additional percentage on volume generated by their downline.
- Platinum ranked affiliates earn 2% on first and second generations and 1% on the third and fourth
- Diamond ranked affiliates earn 2% on first and second generations and 1% on the third to fifth
- Crown Diamond ranked affiliates earn 1% on first to third generations
- Royal Crown Diamond affiliates earn 1% on first and second generations
Infinity Matching Bonus
The Infinity Matching Bonus is paid out using the same generational structure as the Generation Bonus
The bonus itself is a matching bonus on commissions paid to affiliates within seven generations as follows:
- Bronze – 10% match on personally recruited affiliates
- Silver – 15% match on personally recruited affiliates
- Gold – 15% match on personally recruited affiliates, 3% on the first generation and 2% on the second and 1% on the third
- Platinum – 20% match on personally recruited affiliates and 5% on the first to fourth generations
- Diamond – 20% match on personally recruited affiliates and 5% on the first to fifth generations
- Crown Diamond – 20% match on personally recruited affiliates and 3% on the first to sixth generations
- Royal Crown Diamond – 20% match on personally recruited affiliates and 2% on the first to seventh generations
The Gold Pool is made up of 5% of company-wide sales volume generated by Skinny Body affiliates.
Affiliates qualify for a share in the Gold Pool by recruiting five affiliates and/or preferred retail customers.
For recruited affiliates and customers to count, they must place an order for that month.
Rank Achievement Bonus
When a Skinny Body Care affiliate qualifies at the Gold and higher ranks, the following Rank Achievement Bonuses are awarded:
- Gold – $250
- Platinum – $1000
- Diamond – $5000
- Crown Diamond – $25,000
- Royal Crown Diamond – $100,000
If a Skinny Body Care affiliate has three personally recruited Royal Crown Diamond ranked affiliates, they receive $300,000.
Joining Skinny Body Care
Skinny Body Care affiliate membership $10 plus the purchase of products:
- purchase one bottle of product at the $59.95 wholesale price
- purchase a “Bonus Pack” (2 bottles of product with 1 free) at the $119.85 wholesale price
- purchase a “Premier Pack” (buy three products and get three free) at the wholesale price of $179.70
- purchase a “Three Month Qualifying Pack” for $179.85 (three bottles of products for the price of two)
- purchase a “Six Month Qualifying Pack” for $359.70 (get six bottles of Skinny Body Care products for the price of three)
Skinny Body Care has grown since 2011 into what appears to be a relatively healthy MLM opportunity today.
The compensation plan has been simplified, although can be clunky with all the order bonus overlapping commissions.
When evaluating Skinny Body Care as a whole, it’s hard not to ignore the pushing of products onto affiliates as a commission qualifier.
This starts when an affiliate signs up and must make mandatory purchase of Skinny Body Care products.
This paves the way for pay to play, which should always be avoided in MLM.
That said it is entirely possible for a Skinny Body Care affiliate to sign up and qualify for commissions with retail orders.
Whether this is actually happening or not in significant numbers is another matter.
Mandatory product purchases by all newly recruited Skinny Body Care affiliates serves as a defacto recruitment commission.
One might get away with claiming otherwise if the product purchases were optional, but they’re not.
Furthermore Skinny Body Care are pretty blase about the intent behind affiliate purchases. Two of the five purchase options are named “qualifying packs” and qualify an affiliate for commissions for up to six months alone.
Stay Active and Fully Qualified to Earn Commissions with 50BV in Personal Volume for your first 6 Months.
While there is nothing inherently problematic about affiliates purchasing products, to do so to qualify for commissions encourages chain-recruitment.
That is you sign up as a new Skinny Body Care affiliate, purchase products to qualify for commissions and get paid when you recruit new affiliates who do the same.
In this scenario the products become irrelevant and the income opportunity itself becomes what is actually being marketed and sold.
The fact that affiliates are forced to purchase products when they sign up and will likely qualify for commissions via their own autoship order counters any claim that products might be purchased based on their value alone.
This comes at the expense of retail, which while possible is typically ignored in favor of chain-recruitment.
As it stands there are no retail sales qualifiers in Skinny Body Care. You can sign up as a new affiliate, whack yourself on autoship and get paid solely for focusing on recruiting others who do the same.
The good news is ascertaining whether or not this is taking place is relatively easy.
As a potential Skinny Body Care affiliate, you want to compare your potential upline’s true retail volume (which excludes any product they themselves have purchased), and compare this to their monthly personally recruited affiliate GV.
A second check you can do is on their Fast Start Enroller Bonus. Ask for their past three Fast Start Enroller Bonus amounts and verify whether they were primarily earned on retail or recruited affiliate orders.
What you’re looking for is a healthy mix of recruited affiliates and retail volume, ideally weighted towards retail.
Little to no retail volume and an affiliate self-qualifying for commissions via autoship is strongly indicative of a product-based pyramid scheme (such as Vemma).
Pending the outcome to your own research, Skinny Body Care has otherwise been around for some time now and established itself within the MLM industry.
Retail qualifiers and removal of affiliate purchases as commission qualifiers would be great additions to the Skinny Body Care compensation plan.
Product-wise the offering is strongly niche orientated, which makes identifying and staying focused on a target market easier.
$79.95 a month does however seem a little high as far as monthly costs for a weight-loss product in a bottle goes.
Before you commit, it might be worth checking out what’s alternatively available via local health stores in your area.