LurraLife Review: O2 Worldwide rebooted with additional supplements
LurraLife launched last month and operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
The company was founded by Dan Putnam and operates out of Utah in the US.
Prior to Eyeline Trading last year, Putnam launched Modern Money Team in 2017.
Before he jumped on the MLM crypto fraud bandwagon, Putnam’s primary MLM gig was O2 Worldwide.
Today the O2 Worldwide website domains all redirect to LurraLife. LurraLife also markets O2 Worldwide’s flagship O2 Drops supplement, suggesting it’s a reboot of the company.
Read on for a full review of the LurraLife MLM opportunity.
When we reviewed O2 Worldwide in 2016, the company’s sole flagship product was O2 Drops.
Consisting of “free oxygen”, chloride, sodium chromium, iodine, zinc and magnesium, O2 Drops were marketed as a way to “heal faster and get back to feeling good again”.
LurraLife sells O2 Drops retail for $44.95 a bottle.
In addition to O2 Drops, LurraLife also markets the following supplements;
- DayBreak – an “exclusive natural energy and nootropic formula” that ” naturally enhance(s) your brain and energize(s) your body”, retails at $49.95 a box
- Nightfall – a “natural sleep supplement” that “contains a proprietary Beauty Sleep Blend with Premium Hemp Extract and an Oxygen Transport Blend”, retails at $64.95 a pouch
- Thrive – “formulated to help restore an optimal balance of nutrients within the body – promoting improved cardiovascular health and preventing heart disease“, retails at $59.95 for a pack of thirty single-serve sachets
- Dr. Millers Detox Tea – colon health tea that contains “Holy Thistle, Persimmon leaves, Malva leaves, Marsh Mallow leaves, Blessed Thistle, Papaya, Ginger, Chamomile, and Myrrh”, retails at $44.95 for four packs
LurraLife supplements are also available in various combo packs.
The LurraLife Compensation Plan
LurraLife’s compensation plan rewards affiliates for selling products to retail customers.
Unfortunately the MLM side of the compensation plan is primarily geared toward self-funded commission qualification and recruitment.
LurraLife Affiliate Ranks
There are nine affiliate ranks within the LurraLife MLM opportunity.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are follows:
- Free Associate – sign up as a LurraLife affiliate (not qualified to earn MLM commissions)
- Active Associate – maintain a personal autoship order or two retail orders each month (can be autoship)
- One Star – generate and maintain 15 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales) and recruit and maintain at least two Active Associates
- Two Star – generate and maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), recruit and maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $1000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
- Three Star – maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $3000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
- Four Star – maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $5000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
- Five Star – maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $10,000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
- Black Star – maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $25,000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
- Legendary Star – maintain 40 PV a month (personal autoship and/or retail sales), maintain at least two Active Associates and earn $50,000 in Sponsorship Volume each week for five consecutive weeks
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
Sponsorship Volume counts all commissions earned excluding retail commissions.
LurraLife affiliates earn retail commissions on the sale of products to retail customers.
Retail commissions are calculated at a rate of 50% of sales volume generated by retail product orders.
- O2 Drops – 20 PV a bottle
- Daybreak – 50 PV a box
- Nightfall – 65 PV a pouch
- Thrive – 60 PV a pack
- Dr. Millers Detox Tea – 20 PV on a four-pack sale
LurraLife pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week LurraLife tallies up newly generated sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid 5% to 10% on matched volume, based on rank:
- One Star affiliates earn a 5% residual commission rate
- Two Star affiliates earn a 6% residual commission rate
- Three Star affiliates earn a 7% residual commission rate
- Four and Five Star affiliates earn an 8% residual commission rate
- Black Star affiliates earn a 9% residual commission rate
- Legendary Star affiliates earn a 10% residual commission rate
After residual commissions have been paid out for the week, matched volume is flushed.
Leftover volume on the stronger binary side is then carried over into the following week.
The Matching Bonus is a generational match on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates.
LurraLife pays the Matching Bonus via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Within a unilevel team, LurraLife define generations when a Two Star or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
The first Two Star or higher ranked affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second generation beginning immediately thereafter.
If no second Two Star or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in that leg, the second generation extends down the full depth of that leg.
If a second Two Star or higher ranked affiliate exists in that leg, the second generation for that leg is capped off and the third begins after them.
Note that generations in a unilevel team leg are calculated independently of other legs.
Using this defined generational structure, LurraLife pays the Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates as follows:
- One Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates only (no generations)
- Two Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates and 10% on up to one generation per unilevel leg
- Three Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates and 10% on up to two generations per unilevel leg
- Four Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates and 10% on up to three generations per unilevel leg
- Five Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates and 10% on up to four generations per unilevel leg
- Black Star and Legendary Star affiliates earn a 50% Matching Bonus on personally recruited affiliates and 10% on up to five generations per unilevel leg
Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is a recruitment commission that pays 30% on the first order of a newly recruited LurraLife affiliate.
Rank Achievement Bonuses
Starting at the One Star rank, LurraLife rewards affiliates with the following Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- One Star – receive a certificate
- Two Star – receive a wristband
- Three Star – receive a FitBit (model not disclosed)
- Four Star – free “lodging at a company event”
- Five Star – receive a backpack
- Black Star – a “local adventure trip” which includes “hiking shoes and poles”
- Legendary Star – a “destination adventure trip” with LurraLife’s founders.
LurraLife affiliate membership is free.
If an affiliate self-qualifies for MLM commissions via manual order or autoship, the minimum cost is $14.95.
This constitutes a monthly order of a 15 ml bottle of O2 Drops, a single pack of Dr Millers Detox Tea, three single-serve sachets of Thrive, or a sample box of Daybreak.
The most expensive option is a $497 “LeaderPack”, which is fifty packs of Dr. Millers Detox Tea.
The problem with O2 Worldwide is that it was a recruitment-driven pyramid scheme built around O2 Drops.
Retail was possible but the vast majority of O2 Worldwide’s compensation plan was geared toward recruitment.
In LurraLife nothing much has changed.
Despite a retail option for MLM commission qualification, it seems expected that LurraLife affiliates will self-fund.
That is purchase products on autoship each month to qualify for commissions.
Given this, it follows that said commissions will then primarily be paid on recruited affiliates also on autoship.
Supporting this is LurraLife’s compensation plan referring to Active Associate rank as an “upgrade”, implying that an affiliate need only pay to achieve it.
While you can earn income with a free subscription, upgrading to “Active” gives you added benefits and major advantages.
Also there’s this description of residual commissions, which all but spells out LurraLife’s core MLM business model;
Making money with your own LurraLife homebased business is simple due to the power of our Two Team plan.
You only need to focus on one thing: Be an Active Associate yourself, then sign up two other Active Associates (placing one on each of your teams), and then just teach them to do the same thing.
Get 2, teach 2… it doesn’t get any easier than that.
Straight from the horse’s mouth; the easiest way to earn in LurraLife is to “upgrade” yourself with a monthly autoship order and then recruit other affiliates who do the same.
This is what O2 Worldwide was. And owing to the non-sustainable nature of the business, why it collapsed.
LurraLife is essentially a reboot of O2 Worldwide, with some added products.
As to the products themselves, the lack of thematic cohesion leaves a very “white-label” aftertaste.
That’s not to say the products aren’t effective, it’s just that they feel very much cobbled together for the sake of it.
Oh and my criticism of O2 Worldwide’s O2 Drops stands. I also take issue with LurraLife’s claim that Thrive prevents heart disease.
If LurraLife wants to claim its products improve cardiovascular health, specifically via the prevention of heart disease, then they need to provide documented evidence of this.
Otherwise, with respect to LurraLife’s product marketing claims, the company runs the risk of attracting the attention of the FDA and/or FTC.
By all means try to work the retail side of LurraLife if you’re inclined to run a legitimate home-based business, but don’t be surprised if you find yourself fighting your upline and general company culture.
For prospective LurraLife affiliates, a quick check into your potential upline’s monthly qualification should give you an accurate snapshot.
What you want to see is at least an equivalent monthly retail volume, versus the affiliate’s own autoship order.
Anything less and that affiliate is running their business as a pyramid scheme. And by signing up, it’s expected that you will have to too.