Jaira David added to Krstic fraud case, indicted & arrested
A sixteenth defendant has been added to the DOJ’s Kristijan Krstic Ponzi empire fraud case.
Jaira David, aka Jenny Liu, Kate Muller and Alice Newtown, was indicted under seal on March 4th, 2020.
David’s indictment was made public on July 7th, 2020.
David’s indictment is part of the Krstic indictments, meaning the counts of fraud are the same as in the previously reported indictment.
David is facing
- one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud; and
- one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering.
Criminal forfeiture is also being sought.
David was arrested by US authorities on June 17th. Initially held under temporary detention in Texas, David was arraigned on June 18th.
David entered a plea of not guilty on both counts.
That same day the DOJ requested David be subject to pretrial detention. The DOJ believe there is “a serious risk (David) will flee” if released.
David didn’t oppose the DOJ’s motion. Detention was ordered on June 25th.
The defendant is committed to the custody of the Attorney General or a designated representative for confinement in a corrections facility separate, to the extent practicable, from persons awaiting or serving sentences or held in custody pending appeal.
On June 29th David’s case was added to the Krstic bundle of cases. A trial is currently scheduled for December 13th, 2021.
Just a note on David’s indictment, it’s marked as a superseding indictment that replaces the original March 4th, 2020 indictment.
There are still three redacted defendants as of the June 17th second filing of the superseding indictment.
Presumably this defendant will remain redacted until their arrest.
For reference the sixteen defendants listed on the June 2021 filing of the superseding indictment are:
- Kristijan Krstic, aka Kristian Jacobs, Felix Logan, Oliver Turner and Marshall Graham
- Xenia Faye Atilano Krstic (Kristijan’s wife), aka Majda Pratejc, Xenia Faye Jacobs and Xenia Faye Atilano
- (defendant #3 redacted)
- Marko Pavlovic, aka Bjorn Emerson, Marlon Mattler and Willem Adelbert
- Uros Selakovic, aka Lax Lesmo, Michael Anderson and Abbey Brooks
- Jaira David, aka Jenny Liu, Kate Muller and Alice Newtown
- Haojia Miao, aka Stan Miao
- (defendant #8 redacted)
- (defendant #9 redacted)
- Nenad Krstic (presumed relation to Kristijian), aka Roland Valgerdur and Kevin Ericsson
- Antonije Stojiljkovic, aka Toni Rivas and Jacob Gold
- Andrija Selakovic, aka Andy Alinary
- Blazo Radulovic
- Nikola Dimitrijevic
- Nenad Mladenovic
- Milos Mitic, aka Tom Hardian
Kristijan Krstic and several defendants are awaiting extradition from Serbia.
As of July 8th, a decision on their extradition rests with the Serbian Minister for Justice.