Swisscoin Review: 25 to 15,000 EUR Ponzi points investment
If the name “Swisscoin” conjures up dejavu, it’s because BehindMLM reviewed “SwisCoin” back in October, 2015.
Swisscoin appears to be an unrelated company, despite the near identical name.
Whereas Swisscoin don’t appear concerned about potential confusion between the two opportunities, SwisCoin have published the following clarification on their website:
Recently we have noticed some duplicate projects in the market which have been started with similar name like “Swisscoin” hit the internet and being spread by certain people.
That project only has a login page so far. It has nothing to do with our project and people who designed it (are) trying to confuse everyone and use “swiscoin” as name of real crypto currency to attract people to invest money into their project.
Kindly be aware of such fake projects!!!
As noted above, the Swisscoin website is currently nothing more than an affiliate signup page. If you Google pages available on the site however, we learn the following from Swisscoin’s Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions are part of each distributor agreement between the EURO SOLUTION GMBH, Ruessenstrasse 12, 6340 Baar, Kanton: Zug, Schweiz, represented by its CEO Mr. Werner Marquetant (hereafter: SWISSCOIN) and the independent and autonomous distributor.
Despite the Swiss address and name of the company, the Swisscoin Terms and Conditions instead make multiple references to German law.
SWISSCOIN treats any content stored on the servers by distributors as third-party content, as defined in the German Tele Media Act (TMG).
The company also only accepts German residence permits as proof of identity:
SWISSCOIN reserves the right to require from distributors, or the applicant in the case of registration by a legal person or partnership, that they prove their identity before any commissions are paid or any services are delivered.
Identity can be proven with a photocopy of the individual’s identity card or passport, or a German residence permit, and must be supplied within 2 weeks of the request.
Swisscoin banking also appears to be conducted in Germany:
The Swisscoin website domain registration also lists an address for Euro-Invest Consult GmbH in Leipzig, Germany.
The default language of the Swisscoin website is German, and while German is a national language of Switzerland, I suspect the company is infact being mostly operated out of Germany.
That said a Wener Marquetant does show up on LinkedIn, with the profile listing his location as Kanton Aargau, Switzerland. Whether this is the same Marquetant as Swiss Coin’s however is unclear.
In an official Swisscoin marketing presentation, Marquetant claims to be a Swiss citizen. I did try to research background information on Wener Marquetant but nothing came up.
Read on for a full review of the Swisscoin MLM business opportunity.
The Swisscoin Product Line
Swisscoin has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market Swisscoin affiliate membership itself.
The Swisscoin Compensation Plan
The Swisscoin compensation plan sees affiliates invest in tokens:
- Trainee (25 EUR) – 200 tokens
- Tester-50 (50 EUR) – 500 tokens
- Tester-100 (100 EUR) – 1000 tokens
- Tester-250 (250 EUR) – 2500 tokens
- Tester-500 (500 EUR) – 5000 tokens
- Trader-1000 (1000 EUR) – 10,000 tokens
- Crypto-Trader (2500 EUR) – 25,000 tokens
- Crypto-Maker (5000 EUR) – 60,000 tokens
- Crypto-Broker (7500 EUR) – 90,000 tokens
- Crypto-Manager (10,000 EUR) – 120,000 tokens
- Crypto-Director (15,000 EUR) – 200,000 tokens
Invested tokens are converted to “swisscoins”, an internal cryptocurrency run by Swisscoin.
How many tokens are required to purchase a swisscoin, along with the value of swisscoin themselves is set by Swisscoin. Marketing material from Swisscoin claims coins will be generated from June 4th, 2016.
Swisscoins will not directly purchaseable by the general public, nor do they hold any value outside of the Swisscoin MLM opportunity.
All commissions paid out by Swisscoin (except the 8% referral commission), are split using a 60%/40% ratio.
60% of the commission paid out is withdrawable, the remaining 40% must be reinvested back into the company.
Swisscoin Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within the Swisscoin compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Jade – personally recruit at least two affiliates and have a downline that has invested at least 800 EUR (accumulated)
- Pearl – have at least one personally recruited Jade ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 4000 EUR (accumulated)
- Sapphire – have at least two personally recruited Jade ranked affiliates and a downline that has invested at least 8,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Ruby – have at least one personally recruited Pearl ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 20,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Emerald – have at least one personally recruited Sapphire ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 40,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Diamond – have at least one personally recruited Ruby ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 80,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Blue Diamond – have at least one personally recruited Emerald ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 200,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Green Diamond – have at least one personally recruited Diamond ranked affiliate and a downline that has invested at least 400,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Purple Diamond – have at least two personally recruited Diamond ranked affiliates and a downline that has invested at least 800,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Red Diamond – have at least five personally recruited Diamond ranked affiliates and a downline that has invested at least 4,000,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Black Diamond – have at least ten personally recruited Diamond ranked affiliates and a downline that has invested at least 8,000,000 EUR (accumulated)
- Double Black Diamond – have at least twenty personally recruited Diamond ranked affiliates and a downline that has invested at least 40,000,000 EUR (accumulated)
Swisscoin pay a 8% referral commission to affiliates who recruit new affiliates and convince them to invest.
If a newly recruited affiliate convinces at least two affiliates to invest at least 5000 EUR within 30 days of joining the company, they receive an additional 500 EUR commission.
If 10,000 EUR is cumulatively invested, the affiliate receives 1000 EUR.
Note that Swisscoin affiliates cannot withdraw these funds, they must be invested in swisscoins (the 10% referral commission is withdrawable).
Swisscoin pay affiliates a commission of up to 22% on funds invested and re-invested by their downline.
The Swisscoin compensation doesn’t state how they track downlines, however unofficial affiliate marketing material suggests Swisscoin use a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team:
The first level of the binary team houses two positions, with the second level generated by splitting each of the first level positions into another two positions each (four positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated in the same manner, with each new level housing double the positions of the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of new affiliates, with residual commissions paid out as a percentage of funds invested.
How much of a percentage is paid out is determined by how much a Swisscoin’s downline has cumulatively invested:
- 800 EUR – 2% commission
- 4000 EUR – 4% commission
- 8,000 EUR – 6% commission
- 20,000 EUR – 8% commission
- 40,000 EUR – 10% commission
- 80,000 EUR – 12% commission
- 200,000 EUR – 14% commission
- 400,000 EUR – 16% commission
- 800,000 EUR – 18% commission
- 4,000,000 EUR – 20% commission
- 8,000,000 EUR – 22% commission
To qualify for binary commissions, a Swisscoin affiliate must personally recruit at least two affiliates.
Swisscoin affiliates are able to earn a matching bonus on binary commissions paid out to their downline.
The Matching Bonus is tracked via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates of their own, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Swisscoin cap payable unilevel levels at eleven, with commissions paid out as a percentage of binary commissions paid to affiliates on these levels:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 5% matching bonus
- level 2 – 10% matching bonus
- level 3 – 15% matching bonus
- level 4 – 20% matching bonus
- level 5 – 15% matching bonus
- level 6 – 10% matching bonus
- level 7 – 5% matching bonus
- level 8 – 4% matching bonus
- level 9 – 3% matching bonus
- level 10 – 2% matching bonus
- level 11 – 1% matching bonus
To qualify for the Matching Bonus, a Swisscoin affiliate must have invested in the Tester-250 package (250 EUR) and have recruited at least two affiliates who have invested in the Tester-50 package (50 EUR)
Rank Achievement Bonus
Swisscoin affiliates are rewarded with the following bonuses for qualifying at certain ranks:
- Pearl – a Mont Blanc keychain
- Sapphire – a Mont Blanc pen
- Ruby – 500 EUR
- Emerald – 1000 EUR and a Macbook Air
- Diamond – 2000 EUR
- Blue Diamond – A stainless steel Rolex watch or 5000 EUR
- Green Diamond – a “Diamond trip for 2” or 10,000 EUR
- Purple Diamond – a gold Rolex watch or 20,000 EUR
- Red Diamond – 100,000 EUR
- Black Diamond – 250,000 EUR and a “house in the location of your choice” or another 200,000 EUR
- Double Black Diamond – 1,500,000 EUR and another “house in the location of your choice” or another 400,000 EUR
The Diamond Pool is made up of 1% of all funds invested in Swisscoin.
Affiliates are able to earn up to seven shares in the Diamond Pool, which is paid out every 6 months.
How many shares a Swisscoin affiliate has in the Diamond Pool is determined by their rank:
- Diamond – 1 share
- Blue Diamond – 2 shares
- Green Diamond – 3 shares
- Purple Diamond – 4 shares
- Red Diamond – 5 shares
- Black Diamond – 6 shares
- Double Black Diamond – 7 shares
Affiliate membership with Swisscoin is tied to a minimum 25 to 15,000 EUR investment.
As is the norm with MLM cryptocurrency opportunities, Swisscoin has nothing to do with cryptocurrency.
Affiliates are essentially investing in Ponzi points, whose value is made up by Swisscoin.
Swisscoins are not publicly tradeable, nor can they be used to purchase anything outside of Swisscoin. This renders swisscoins little more than a points-based system affiliates invest in on the promise of a ROI.
In MLM, such schemes are referred to as “Ponzi points” business models.
The MLM side of Swisscoins is straight up chain-recruitment, with affiliates paid directly and residually to recruit new affiliates into the scheme.
This is important, as without constant new investment Swisscoin will collapse.
Those being pitched Swisscoin can also expect the usual Ponzi points rhetoric, including comparisons to bitcoin, claims that swisscoin’s value will forever increase, a debit card to make money laundering easier and eventual third-party merchant integration.
All have become cliches in the MLM cryptocurrency space, serving only as a distraction to mask the use of newly invested funds to pay off existing investors.
Be it Switzerland or Germany, Swisscoin operates as a Ponzi scheme with a pyramid scheme recruitment layer.
Either it will collapse or authorities will eventually shut it down. Either way, unless you invested early (and if you’re reading this as a prospective Swisscoin affiliate then you didn’t), expect to lose money when the inevitable withdrawal problems begin.