Private Access Online Review: G1E travel opp?
Despite the following message appearing on the Private Access Online website:
There are 5 things most people believe are important pieces of the puzzle when you look for a home based business.
There is no information on the website indicating who owns or runs the business.
This is somewhat worrying, considering Private Access Online affiliates are required to submit their
street address, Social Security Number (if US), date of birth and a copy of a Government Issued ID.
The Private Access Online website domain (“privateaccessonline.com”) was registered on the 10th of May 2015, with a “Jennifer Rodgers” of “Airline Promotions Inc.” listed as the owner. An address in Florida is also provided.
At the time of publication, Rodgers is listed as the “General Manager”on Airline Promotions Inc.’s Better Business Bureau profile page.
The address used to register the Private Access Online domain is present on the company’s website in the FAQ section:
The same address also pops up on a page advertising something called “Global1Entertainment Hotel & Resort Savings”:
Global1Entertainment launched mid last year and offered affiliates investment options in a token-based Ponzi scheme.
Global1Entertainment itself was a reboot of Infinity2Global, the initial failed attempt at the business model.
Last we heard Global1Entertainment was under FBI investigation, but as of yet nothing concrete has materialized.
There’s mention of “Global1Entertainment Escapes” on the Global1Entertainment website, but nothing specifically about Global1Entertainment Hotel and Resort Savings.
Whether or not Private Access Online is being run by Airline Promotions Inc. (who control the domain) or Global1Entertainment (who share the same address) is unclear.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
The Private Access Online Product Line
Private Access Online market access to third-party travel discounts.
This membership is available retail for $129 or through Private Access Online affiliate membership ($139 to $829).
The Private Access Online Compensation Plan
Private Access Online affiliates are paid to sell memberships to retail customers. They are also paid to recruit new Private Access Online affiliates, with both commissions paid upfront and residually through a 3×8 matrix.
If a Private Access Online affiliate sells a $129 retail travel club membership, they are paid a one-time $40 commission.
Private Access Online affiliates are directly paid to recruit new recruits.
These recruitment commissions are paid out down three levels of recruitment via a unilevel style compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates go on to recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 of the unilevel team.
Theoretically a unilevel team can extend down an infinite number of levels, note however that Private Access Online limit recruitment commissions to just three payable levels.
How much of a commission is paid out is determined by how much a newly recruited affiliate spends on their membership:
- Basic ($139) – $30 on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates, $15 on level 2 and $10 on level 3
- Getaway In-Style ($429) – $60 on level 1, $30 on level 2 and $20 on level 3
- Luxury Getaway ($829) – $90 on level 1, $40 on level 2 and $30 on level 3
Residual commissions in Private Access Online are paid out via a 3×8 matrix.
A 3×8 matrix places an affiliate at the top of the matrix, with three positions directly under them (level 1):
These initial three positions make up the first level of the matrix, with the second level generated by splitting the three level 1 positions into another three positions each (9 positions).
The third level of the matrix is generated by splitting the second level positions into another three positions each (27 positions), and so on and so forth down a total of eight levels and 9840 positions.
Commissions are paid out as a percentage of $20 per retail membership order made and the $40 monthly Private Access Online affiliate fee.
How much of a percentage is paid out is determined by what level of the matrix a retail sale or monthly affiliate fee is paid:
- level 1 (3 positions) – $4 per position
- level 2 (9 positions) – $6 per position
- level 3 (27 positions) – $4 per position
- levels 4 to 6 (1053 positions) – $3.20 per position
- levels 7 and 8 (8748 positions) – $4 per position
Note that a Private Access Online affiliate must also qualify to earn on matrix levels as follows:
- level 1 – pay $40 a month
- level 2 – recruit and maintain a least 2 affiliates
- levels 3 and 4 – recruit and maintain at least 4 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn commissions on level 2 (one in three individual unilevel legs)
- levels 5 and 6 – recruit and maintain at least 7 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn commissions on levels 3 and 4 (one in three individual unilevel legs) and have a total affiliate downline paying at least $3000 a month in fees
- levels 7 and 8 – recruit and maintain at least 10 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn commissions on levels 5 and 6 (one in three individual unilevel legs) and have a total affiliate downline paying at least $15,000 a month in fees
Matching Matrix Commissions
Private Access Online affiliates can earn a check match on matrix commissions earned by their downline.
Using the same unilevel compensation structure as referral commissions (see above), matching matrix commissions are paid out down five levels of recruitment:
- qualify for matrix commissions on levels 1 to 6 = 10% matching bonus on level 1 matrix earnings (personally recruited affiliates)
- qualify for matrix commissions on levels 1 to 8 = 10% matching bonus on levels 1 and 2
- qualify for an additional matrix position (see below for Diamond qualification) = 10% matching bonus on levels 1 to 3
- Double Diamond (recruit and maintain at least 16 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn all matrix commissions (one in three individual unilevel legs) and have a total affiliate downline paying at least $125,000 a month in fees = 15% matching bonus on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 4
- President (recruit and maintain at least 20 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn all matrix commissions (one in three individual unilevel legs) and have a total affiliate downline paying at least $300,000 a month in fees) = 20% matching bonus on level 1, 15% on level 2 and 10% on levels 3 to 5
Additional Matrix Positions
Private Access Online reward affiliates with additional matrix positions, enabling them to double-dip on commissions earnt, subject to the following “Diamond” qualification criteria:
- recruit and maintain at least 12 affiliates, at least three of which have qualified to earn all matrix commissions (one in three individual unilevel legs) and have a total affiliate downline paying at least $50,000 a month in fees
Quarterly Bonus Pools
Private Access Online take 3% of company-wide revenue and put it into three separate 1% bonus pools.
Affiliates can earn a pro-rata share in one of the pools, as per the following qualification criteria:
- Pool 1 – qualify for as a Diamond affiliate (see “Additional Matrix Positions” qualification criteria)
- Pool 2 – qualify as a Double Diamond affiliate (see “Matching Matrix Commissions” qualification criteria)
- Pool 3 – qualify as a President affiliate (see “Matching Matrix Commissions” qualification criteria)
Note that shares in the pools are allocated pro-rata, based on an affiliates total downline spend in monthly affiliate fees.
Joining Private Access Online
Affiliate membership with Private Access Online is available at three price-points:
- Basic Package – $139
- Getaway In-Style Package – $429
- Luxury Getaway Package – $829
The primary difference between these options is the bundling of a two and five night vacation for the $429 and $829 options respectively.
Note that all Private Access Online affiliates must also pay an ongoing $40 monthly fee.
Leaving aside the ambiguous ownership details of Private Access Online, the opportunity is otherwise your typical non-retail orientated recruitment scheme.
Nowhere is this best exemplified, than in Private Access Online’s own FAQ:
Do I make commissions off of other people’s travel?
Answer: No, you do not make money off of their individual travel.
Private Access Online affiliates earn commissions by recruiting new affiliates and selling retail access to third-party travel discounts.
Historically travel niche MLM opportunities have failed to attract retail membership sales, and I’m not seeing why Private Access Online will be any different.
You can verify this yourself, by asking five random people if they’d pay $129 to a company run by persons unknown, for access to undisclosed third-party travel deals.
Nevermind the fact that as far as MLM goes in general, mere access to discounts is not a viable product.
What you’re then left with is a recruitment scheme, with Private Access affiliates paid tor recruit new affiliates.
To fully qualify for all commissions, the Affiliate must purchase a Fast Start Pack and choose the monthly subscription fee.
Then, as long as everybody continues to pay their $40 a month autoship fee, commissions continue to be paid residually through the matrix.
Oh and if you don’t recruit, you only earn on the first three positions in your matrix (placed by someone in your upline, which may or may not even happen).
Retail sales of memberships do pump some one-time volume into commission payouts, but there’s a clear emphasis on recruitment.
Which begs the question, what are Private Access Online affiliates paying $40 a month for.
Retail travel discount memberships are $129 annually,with no monthly fee. Are Private Access Online affiliates slugged $40 a month for no other reason than to qualify for matrix commissions and get paid on affiliate fees paid by their recruited downlines?
It certainly seems so.
Am I becoming a Travel Agent?
Answer: No, a Travel Agent directly sells travel packages. You are selling memberships to our company.
As with all recruitment-driven schemes, once recruitment dries up so too will commissions paid out.
This will start with those at the bottom of the company-wide matrix failing to recruit new affiliates, which will eventually see them stop paying their $40 a month matrix fee.
This in turn means those above them stop collecting commissions on these fee payments, which will eventually also see them cease making the same monthly payments.
Those above them stop getting paid, with the effect slowly continuing to trickle up the Private Access Online company-wide affiliate genealogy.
Eventually a tipping point is reached, whereupon an irreversible company-wide collapse is triggered.
At that point any Private Access Online affiliates who failed to recruit enough affiliates to recoup losses on their own fees loses out, with top recruiters making off with the majority of commissions paid out.