Liv Labs Review: LaCore Enterprises’ CBD MLM opp
I came across Liv Labs as part of my research into UR Worth It, a recently launched LaCore Enterprises MLM opp.
Specifically I was checking the status of some of LaCore Enterprises’ launches. At the time I noted a visit to LifoCity’s website now redirected to Liv Labs.
On LinkedIn LifoCity CEO Doug Braun cites his tenure coming to an end in May 2021.
The last post on LifoCity’s official Facebook page is dated January 8th.
Liv Labs was launched in August 2018 by co-founders David and Debbie Reeder.
David and Debbie Reader serve as Liv Labs’ CEO and President respectively.
Liv Labs LLC was incorporated in August 2018. LaCore Enterprises owner Terry LaCore is the sole Director of the company.
A domain dispute filed in October 2017 provides some more information;
Meridian International, LLC (“Meridian”), which does business as LIV Labs … was formed in 2015.
In July 2017, it began “pre-selling” products under the LIV mark, entering into an agreement with a supplier.
LaCore Enterprises owns “a majority interest” in Meridian International. It follows they’d also be the supplier named above.
On its website Liv Labs provides LaCore Enterprises corporate address in Texas. The only other reference to LaCore is LaCore Nutraceuticals on LivLabs’ product sheets.
David and Debbie Reeder were top earners in Vemma. The couple were cited as “top 10 earners” in the company as of July 2015.
The next month the FTC shut down Vemma, alleging it to be a $200 million dollar pyramid scheme.
Vemma settled the charges in December 2016. As part of the settlement Vemma agreed to stop running a pyramid scheme.
Read on for a full review of the Liv Labs MLM opportunity.
Liv Labs’ Products
Live Labs markets a range of CBD supplements.
Some of Lifocity’s former product range has also been merged into the company under “Livocity” branding.
- HydroPRO 750 Drops – a “custom blended to provide beneficial CBD and CBG to help you live your best life” (750mg), retails at $89.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- Liv Labs 2500 – “a FULL spectrum CBD Oil extracted from the leaves and flowers of organically grown hemp”, retails at $119 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- Hemp Balm – a “fragrant refreshing balm” containing an “essential oils blend”, retails at $89 for a 1 oz tub (28.3 g)
- HempPRO Softgels – “may help keep you calm, cool and collected on even the most chaotic days”, retails at $88 for a bottle of 30 softgel capsules
- Liv Balance BCC – “a proprietary blend of 3 extremely beneficial natural ingredients that promote numerous positive results”, retails at $62.95 for a bottel of 60 capsules
- Liv Lullaby – “formulated to naturally encourage restful sleep by synergistically combining Nature’s sleep ingredients; CBD, Melatonin and Chamomile”, retails at $88 for a bottle of 30 softgel capsules
- Slender Hemp – “may help you balance your energy, improve your mood, and encourage weight wellness”, retails at $79.95 for a box of twenty single-serve drink sachets
- Flame! – “enhance intimacy and Intensify your senses with the soothing & activating effects of CBD and other select ingredients delivered directly to your intimate areas”, retails at $54.95 for a 15 ml bottle
- Liv4Pets – “treat your pets to our Full Spectrum Hemp Oil”, retails at $33.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
Merged Lifocity Products
- Envoi Hemp Infused Cream – “a potent and soothing cream that provides both instant and lasting relief for sore areas and muscles”, retails at $54.95 for a 60 ml tube or thirty 3 ml “snap packs”
- Durt Gold – “an all-natural concentrate made from minerals found in ancient rock and soil that can be added daily to water and other beverages for increased health and vitality”, retails at $69.95 for a box of thirty-two single-serve sachets
- Durt Black – “humic and fulvic acid for replenishing diet, stress and the daily demands of life can be hard on the body”, retails at $69.95 for a box of thirty-two single-serve sachets
Liv Labs’ Compensation Plan
Liv Labs’ compensation plan is a balance between generating sales volume from retail sales and recruitment.
Commissions and bonuses are are primarily paid via a unilevel compensation structure.
Additional performance based bonuses round out the plan.
Liv Labs Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within Liv’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Partner – sign up as a Liv Labs affiliate
- Active Partner – generate and maintain 75 PV a month
- VIP Partner – generate and maintain 100 PV and 1000 GV a month, recruit and maintain at least one Active Partner and generate and maintain two personal retail customers
- 3K VIP Partner – maintain 100 PV a month, generate and maintain 3000 GV a month, recruit and maintain at least two Active Partners and maintain two personal retail customers
- 9K VIP Partner – maintain 100 PV a month, generate and maintain 9000 GV a month, recruit and maintain at least three Active Partners and generate and maintain three personal retail customers
- 15K VIP Partner – generate and maintain 200 PV and 15,000 GV a month, recruit and maintain at least four Active Partners and generate and maintain four personal retail customers
- 30K VIP Partner – maintain 200 PV a month, generate and maintain 30,000 GV and 10,000 TQV a month, maintain at least three Active Partners and generate and maintain six personal retail customers
- 60K VIP Partner – maintain 200 PV a month, maintain 30,000 GV a month, generate and maintain 20,000 TQV a month, and maintain at least three Active Partners and six personal retail customers
- Diamond Partner – generate and maintain 300 PV a month, generate and maintain 100,000 GV and 30,000 TQV a month, have one 60K VIP in your downline and maintain at least three Active Partners and six personal retail customers
- Double Diamond Partner – maintain 300 PV a month, generate and maintain 250,000 GV and 80,000 TQV a month, have one Diamond Partner in your downline and maintain at least three Active Partners and six personal retail customers
- Triple Diamond Partner – maintain 300 PV a month, generate and maintain 500,000 GV and 160,000 TQV a month, have two Diamonds in two separate enrollment legs and maintain at least three Active Partners and six personal retail customers
- Black Diamond Partner – maintain 300 PV a month, generate and maintain 1,000,000 GV and 350,000 TQV a month, have three Diamonds in three separate enrollment legs and maintain at least three Active Partners and six personal retail customers
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
- from 3K VIP Partner to 30K VIP Partner, no more than 70% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg
- for 60K VIP Partner and Diamond, no more than 60% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg
- for Double Diamond and higher, no more than 50% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg
TQV stands for “Team Qualifying Volume” and restricts counted GV across the first four levels of an affiliate’s unilevel team.
Note that to count towards rank qualification, enrolled customers must be ordering at least 50 PV worth of product a month.
Finally, required “Active Partners” can be Active Partner rank or higher.
Liv Labs pays retail commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Liv Labs caps retail commissions at four unilevel team levels.
Retail commissions are paid out as a percentage of retail sales volume generated across these four levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 40%
- level 2 – 5%
- levels 3 and 4 – 10%
Note that to qualify for retail commissions on levels 2 to 4, a Liv Labs affiliate must generate and maintain four retail customers who each place a monthly order.
Liv Labs pays residual commissions via the same unilevel team used to pay retail commissions (see above).
Liv Labs caps residual commissions at twelve unilevel team levels.
Residual commissions are paid out as a percentage of sales volume generated across these twelve levels based on rank:
- Active Partners earn 5% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 and 2
- 3K VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 3
- 9K VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 4
- 15K VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 5
- 30K VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 6
- 60K VIP Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 8
- Diamond Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 9
- Double Diamond Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 9 and 1% on level 10
- Triple Diamond Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 9 and 1% on levels 10 and 11
- Black Diamond Partners earn 5% on levels 1 to 9 and 1% on levels 10 to 12
Check Match Bonus
The Check Match Bonus is paid on residual commissions earned across the first five levels of an affiliate’s unilevel team.
- 3K VIP Partners earn a 10% match on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- 9K VIP Partners earn a 10% match on levels 1 and 2
- 15K VIP Partners earn a 20% match on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- 30K VIP Partners earn a 25% match on level 1, 10% on levels 2 and 3 and 5% on level 4
- 60K VIP Partners earn a 25% match on level 1, 10% on levels 2 and 3 and 5% on levels 4 and 5
The Generational Bonus pays on sales volume generated across the unilevel team.
Liv Labs defines a generation when a Diamond or higher ranked affiliate is found within a unilevel team leg.
This ranked affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Diamond or higher ranked affiliate is found deeper within the leg, they cap off the second generation and the third begins after them.
If no second Diamond or higher ranked affiliate is found, the second generation runs the full depth of the leg.
Using this generational structure, Liv Labs affiliates can earn the Generational Bonus on up to four generations per unilevel team leg.
- Diamonds earn 1% on up to one generation per leg
- Double Diamonds earn 1% on the first generation and 2% on the second per leg
- Triple Diamonds earn 1% on the first generation, 2% on the second and 0.5% on the third per leg
- Black Diamonds earn 1% on the first generation, 2% on the second generation and 0.5% on the third and fourth generations per leg
Liv Labs affiliates who sign up three retail customers and/or recruited affiliates on autoship receives free product credit.
The Influencer Bonus can be redeemed the following month or banked.
Minimum autoship orders to qualify for the Influencer Bonus are 50 PV a month each order.
Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is paid on the first order placed by a newly recruited affiliate. This includes signing up with a Brand Partner Pack.
The Fast Start Bonus pays up to 36% of generated first order volume, determined by rank:
- Active Partners earn an 18% Fast Start Bonus
- VIPs earn a 21% Fast Start Bonus
- 3K VIPs earn a 24% Fast Start Bonus
- 9K VIPs earn a 27% Fast Start Bonus
- 15K VIPs earn a 30% Fast Start Bonus
- 30K VIPs earn a 33% Fast Start Bonus
- 60K VIPs earn a 36% Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is coded, meaning 36% is always paid out. The difference is paid upline when lower ranked affiliates qualify for the Fast Start Bonus.
E.g. if a 9K VIP recruits a new affiliate, they receive 27% of the sales volume generated on their first order bonus.
This leaves 9% to pay out. The system searches upline for a 15K VIP or higher ranked affiliate.
If a 15K VIP is found first, they receive 3%, leaving 6% to pay to higher ranked affiliates further upline.
If a 30K VIP is found first, they receive 6% (the difference between 33% and 27%), leaving 3% to pay to the first 60K VIP found further upline.
If a 60K VIP is found first, they are paid the full outstanding 9%.
As 60K VIP affiliates are always paid the full 36% Fast Start Bonus, no volume is ever passed up.
The Go VIP bonus is a rank based bonus, supplementary to regular Liv Labs affiliate ranks.
- generate 200 PV, 1000 GV and two retail customers within 14 days of signing up and receive a $200 Go VIP bonus
- generate 400 PV, 2000 GV and four retail customers within 30 days of signing up and receive a $400 Go VIP bonus
- generate 400 PV, 4000 GV and four retail customers within 60 days of signing up and receive an $800 Go VIP bonus
Each Go VIP bonus can be earned sequentially if qualification criteria is satisfied within the require time period.
Rank Achievement Bonus
Liv Labs rewards affiliates for qualifying at 3K VIP partner and higher with the following one-time Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- qualify at 3K VIP Partner and receive $300
- qualify at 9K VIP Partner and receive $900
- qualify at 15K VIP Partner and receive $1500
- qualify at 30K VIP Partner and receive $3000
- qualify at 60K VIP Partner and receive $6000
- qualify at Diamond Partner and receive $10,000
- qualify at Double Diamond Partner and receive $25,000
- qualify at Triple Diamond Partner and receive $50,000
- qualify at Black Diamond Partner and receive $75,000
Note that newly qualified ranks must be maintained for three consecutive months before the Rank Achievement Bonus is paid out.
Starting at 3K VIP, Liv Labs rewards affiliates with a monthly cash bonus:
- qualify at 3K VIP and receive $100 a month
- qualify at 9K VIP and receive $250 a month
- qualify at 15K VIP and receive $400 a month
- qualify at 30K VIP and receive $800 a month
- qualify at 60K VIP and receive $1200 a month
- qualify at Diamond and receive $1800 a month
- qualify at Double Diamond and receive $5000 a month
- qualify at Triple Diamond and receive $7500 a month
- qualify at Black Diamond and receive $10,000 a month
Note that from 60K VIP Partner and higher, an additional minimum six personally recruited and maintained Active Partner or higher qualification criteria is imposed.
This is up from three required Active Partners or higher with normal rank qualification.
Liv Labs’ compensation plan details “trips of a lifetime”.
Explore the world with Liv Labs: Trips of a Lifetime.
We offer our top Partners the opportunity to discover new places, with a community of like-minded individuals.
Whether it’s a Caribbean cruise or luxury getaway, Partners can earn one-in-a-lifetime trips with Liv Labs.
No specific information or qualification criteria is provided.
Joining Liv Labs
Liv Labs basic affiliate membership is $19.95 annually (discounted to $1 at the time of publication).
New affiliates can also opt to sign up with a Liv Labs Brand Partner Pack:
- Starter Partner Pack – $230.85
- Builder Partner Pack – $587.75
- Liv Planet Hemp Founders Pack – $1175
Note that these are discount prices available at the time of publication.
Seeing as they are marked discount off of the retail value of bundled products, I believe the “discount” prices are the regular Brand Partner Pack prices.
Liv Labs Conclusion
Although I’m not a fan of the corporate shenanigans that go with LaCore Enterprises companies, one thing they’ve been getting right is retail focus.
As with Lifocity, Liv Labs has a solid retail focus.
Retail customers are required to advance through compensation ranks, guaranteeing that required PV will be made up of retail volume.
Outside of qualifying for the Monthly Bonus, there’s even a strong possibility that a Liv Labs affiliate will be generating more retail volume than their own monthly spend.
This makes for an ideal MLM business model in today’s regulatory environment.
It’s also somewhat of a surprise with David and Debbie Reader coming over from Vemma, but good to see nonetheless. We all learn from our mistakes.
Liv Labs’ weakest point is its product line-up. Normally I rag on CBD MLM opps as these days they’ve well and truly missed the hype train.
Liv Labs launched as an MLM company in mid 2018 though, so I’m willing to give them a pass. That said competition is steep and everyone is a competitor on the internet.
Definitely shop around and compare if you’re in the CBD oil market. Personally I didn’t find anything too outrageous so it will come down to competition, which again there’s a lot of in the CBD niche.
Although not related to Liv Labs directly, I do think the merger between Lifocity and Live Labs could have been better handled. Then again, unfortunately transparency has never been LaCore Enterprises’ strong point.
Leave a Reply...