H9 Water Review: Next generation water?
H9 Water was founded in 2013 and are based out of Texas in the US.
Management wise details are sketchy. The H9 Water website advises that “Earth Products Inc.” are ‘the company behind H9‘.
Keith Hall and Steven Morse are listed as co-founders, however Keith Hall’s Facebook profile states he’s an “independent H9 partner”:
Steven Morse’s LinkedIn profile cites his as the CEO of Earth Products Inc., no mention of H9 Water.
Earth Products Inc. meanwhile doesn’t seem to do anything outside of H9 Water, so I’m not sure why it exists.
I wasn’t able to put together an MLM history on either Hall or Morse, suggesting H9 Water is their first MLM venture.
Read on for a full review of the H9 Water MLM business opportunity.
The H9 Water Product Line
As the company name suggests, H9 Water markets what they call “structured water”.
Structured water is a fourth phase (like ice, water and vapor) found within the cells of the human body.
It naturally occurs within glacier melt and some natural springs. It has been studied extensively within the laboratory and found to contain many unique properties.
When you drink structured water, you’re giving your body more of what you’re made of, because you’re replacing the type of water that is already within your cells.
Only structured water has centuries-old science and research behind it—living proof why it’s a better choice for your cells.
H9 Water claim their structured water goes through ‘a nine-step patented process to filter out chemicals, add nutrients and produce hydrogen-rich structured water‘ and
- flushes toxins and waste
- is activated to replicate and covert energy
- is energized for lasting alertness
- provides better hydration
- is nourished with essential vitamins and minerals
- is strengthened for beautification of hair and skin
H9 Water appears to be only available by the box, with two boxes containing 16 bottles of water each and costing $99.95
H9 Water state that two boxes equates to a month supply of water for one person (the size of each bottle in a box is not provided).
The H9 Water Compensation Plan
The H9 Water compensation provides multiple retail commissions, balanced out by recruitment commissions and bonuses.
Residual commissions are paid out via a ten level deep unilevel compensation structure. Affiliates can however earn a bonus percentage on their entire unilevel volume through rank progression.
H9 Water Affiliate Ranks
There are thirteen affiliate ranks within the H9 Water compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Partner – generate and maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month
- Senior Partner – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 1500 GV a month and personally recruit and maintain at least three affiliates
- Director – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 4000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates
- Regional Director – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 12,500 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (three of which must be Senior Partner or higher)
- National Director – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 37,500 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (three of which must be Senior Partner or higher)
- Executive Director – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 75,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (three of which must be Director or higher)
- Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month, 150,000 GV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (three of which must be Director or higher)
- 1* Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (at least one of which must be Ambassador or higher)
- 2* Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (at least two of which must be Ambassador or higher)
- 3* Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (at least three of which must be Ambassador or higher)
- 4* Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (at least four of which must be Ambassador or higher)
- 5* Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least three personally recruited affiliates (at least five of which must be Ambassador or higher)
- Global Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least eight personally recruited affiliates (at least three Ambassador or higher and three 3* Ambassadors)
- Platinum Global Ambassador – maintain 100 PV or 300 PQV a month and maintain at least eight personally recruited affiliates (at least three Ambassador or higher and three 5* Ambassadors)
In order to qualify for commissions each month, a H9 Water affiliate must either
- maintain a 100 PV monthly autoship or
- generate 300 PV from personal customer (retail autoship) orders
Retail commissions on a 2 box order of H9 water pay out $30. Presumably this scales up the more boxes ordered ($45 for 3 boxes, $60 for 4 boxes etc.).
Preferred customer orders (retail customers on autoship) pay up to $36 an order (2 boxes).
How much of a preferred customer retail commission is paid out is determined by a H9 Water affiliate’s rank, or the total number of preferred customers they have.
Commission rates for rank qualification (2 box orders):
- Partner – $18
- Senior Partner – $27
- Director – $31
- Regional Director or higher – $36
Commission rates for total number of preferred customers (2 box orders):
- 3 preferred customers = $27 an order
- 6 preferred customers = $31 an order
- 9 preferred customers = $36 an order
H9 Water affiliates are also able to earn a bonus percentage on their preferred customer orders, based on the total BV of their monthly preferred customer orders:
- 301 to 500 BV = 10% bonus
- 501 to 1000 BV = 15% bonus
- 1001 to 2500 BV = 20% bonus
- 2501 or more BV = 25% bonus
A standard 2 box order of H9 Water equates to 100 BV.
H9 Water affiliates are paid to recruit new affiliates who sign up with a Partner or Premium Partner pack.
How much of a commission is paid out is determined by the recruiting affiliate’s rank, as well as the pack purchased by the recruited affiliate:
- Partner = $50 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $100 for a Premier pack affiliate
- Senior Partner – $75 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $150 for a Premier pack affiliate
- Director – $100 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $200 for a Premier pack affiliate
- Regional Director – $115 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $250 for a Premier pack affiliate
- National Director – $125 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $275 for a Premier pack affiliate
- Executive Director – $135 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $300 for a Premier pack affiliate
- Ambassador – $150 for recruiting a Partner pack affiliate and $325 for a Premier pack affiliate
Residual commissions in H9 Water are paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates of their own, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
H9 Water cap payable unilevel levels at 10, with commissions paid out as a percentage of sales volume generated within a unilevel team.
How many levels a H9 Water affiliate can earn on is determined by their rank:
- Senior Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 3
- Director – 5% on levels 1 to 4
- Regional Director – 5% on levels 1 to 5
- National Director – 5% on levels 1 to 6
- Executive Director – 5% on levels 1 to 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on levels 9 and 10
- Ambassador and higher – 5% on levels 1 to 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 3% on levels 9 and 10
A bonus 1% on all unilevel volume (including beyond level 10) is paid to 1* Ambassadors. 2* Ambassadors earn a 2% bonus and 3* Ambassadors or higher earn 3%.
Rank Achievement Bonus
Starting at the Ambassador rank, H9 Water affiliates can earn the following Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- Ambassador – $25,000 paid out over 12 months
- 3* Ambassador – $100,000 paid out over 12 months
- 5* Ambassador – $250,000 paid out over 18 months
- Global Ambassador – $750,000 paid out over 24 months
- Platinum Global Ambassador – $1,000,000 paid out over 24 months
The differential bonus is paid on residual, recruitment and preferred customer commissions earned by personally recruited affiliate.
The commission paid out is the difference between the upline affiliate and the recruiting affiliate, based on their difference in rank.
To qualify for the Differential Bonus, H9 Water affiliates must either
- generate 500 PV within 30 days of joining the company or
- be at the Director or higher rank
H9 Builder Bonus
The H9 Builder Bonus pays requires either one of the following two qualification criteria:
- Fast Start qualification or
- achieve and maintain Director rank
Fast Start qualification requires a H9 affiliate to complete the following within 30 days of joining the company:
- sign up for a minimum 100 PV a month autoship
- generate 500 PV
- recruit at least three affiliates who sign up for at least 100 PV a month autoship
- generate 2000 GV (includes an affiliate’s own PV), with no more than 1000 GV generated from any one recruitment leg
- maintain Senior Partner or a higher rank
Once qualified for the H9 Builder Bonus, a H9 Water affiliate then earns $250 each time a recruited affiliate achieves Fast Start qualification.
A residual $250 commission is available, paid out on the downline of your fourth recruited affiliate if they achieve Fast Start qualification.
The downline of the first three recruited affiliates are passed up to the immediate upline (affiliate who recruited you). In turn, the first three affiliates from the fourth recruited affiliate must also pass up their first three recruits.
The Matching Bonus pays out a matching percentage of commissions earned by personally recruited H9 Water affiliates.
The matching bonus is paid out on recruitment and preferred customer retail commissions.
- affiliates who are Fast Start qualified or at the Director or higher ranks earn a 10% bonus (capped at $300 per affiliate)
- all other affiliates receive 5%
Regional Director and higher ranked affiliates qualify for a monthly car bonus:
- Regional Director to Executive Director – $500
- Ambassador to 2* Ambassador – $750
- 3* Ambassador or higher – $1000
Alternatively, an affiliate can opt to receive H9 Water for up to six months in lieu of payment towards a car.
Three boxes of water and a cooler are substituted for the first month and six boxes of water for the following five.
Joining H9 Water
Affiliate membership with H9 Water is tied to the purchase of one of the following three packs:
- H9 Marketing Pack – $99
- H9 Partner Pack – $499 (8 boxes of water)
- H9 Premium Partner Pack – $999 (20 boxes of water plus marketing material)
$99.95 a month for “structured water”?
Sure, the concept “fourth phase” water sounds alluring… but for thousands of years people on Earth have been getting by with natural water.
And if you live somewhere where, sadly, natural water no longer exists (contamination, drought etc.), H9 Water is going directly up against regular bottled water – which is a fraction of the cost.
Is hydrogen and nutrient infused water worth that much of a premium? If you’re keen on marketing H9 Water, that’s something you’re going to have to establish pretty quickly.
Nine times out of ten people are probably going to roll their eyes at you when you mention $99.95 a month water, so you’ll need to have some go-to information to quickly convince them $99.95 a month water is worth it.
Personally I’m not sold on the idea – but do note H9 Water offer a 90 day money-back guarantee. So there is that.
On the compensation side of things, retail is reasonably balanced with recruitment. That recruitment commissions exist at all however is a problem.
Off the bat, commission qualification actively discourages retail sales. Affiliates can either self-qualify with a $99.95 monthly autoship order, or they need three times as much in preferred customer autoship volume.
Retail sales could generate PV for an affiliate to qualify with, but I don’t think that’s realistic when H9 Water themselves pitch autoship like this:
The most important thing you can do for your business is enroll in autoship. One of the simple requirements to maintain earning potential is that distributors remain “Active”.
The best way to remain “Active” is to enroll in our autoship Program where your product will be sent to you automatically every month.
Apparently signing up for autoship is both the most important thing a H9 Water affiliate can do, as well as being the best way to remain commission qualified.
Why bother with retail?
It’s a shame really, because H9 Water’s free product incentive on preferred customer orders is a great incentive to drive retail volume.
For reference, H9 Water affiliates who are on autoship and have at least three preferred customers on autoship, receive up to 6 boxes or water or their own autoship order free each month – whichever is higher.
The bonus paid out on preferred customer order, based on preferred customer autoship order numbers is another great example of driving retail sales.
Why H9 Water have diluted those efforts with blatant chain-recruitment commissions paid out on affiliate packages, I have no idea.
As it stands though, it’s entirely possible for a H9 Water affiliate to sign up for autoship and just focus on recruiting other affiliates who do the same.
Whether or not the attached business opportunity makes H9 Water an easier product to market certainly warrants consideration.
One way to gauge whether this is the case is to pay attention to how you were pitched on the concept. Did your prospective upline lead with the money or the product?
You can also ask them how many active preferred customers they have, and weigh that against their recruited affiliates on autoship.
What you want is a healthy balance, with little to no preferred customers (or retail activity in general) revealing chain-recruitment.
Other than that do your homework on H9 Water, it’s not going to be an easy sell at that price for what it is. Good luck!