EVO Media Group Review: JetStream dev launches reboot
EVO Media Group’s co-founders claim they ‘spent over 30 years, searching for the best product and opportunity for the entrepreneur‘.
Two EVO Media Group co-founders are listed on the company website; Michael Hagen (CEO) and Jack Amoroso Jr. (Secretary).
As per Hagen’s EVO Media Group corporate bio:
Mike sets the company vision and leadership direction for Evo Media Group. His prosperous 26+ year career includes direct sales/network marketing experience starting back with a 15 year run with Amway.
Perusal of Hagen’s Facebook page reveals mid last year his company, Hagen Media Group, were the “developers of the JetStream”.
June 3rd, 2016
Well the time has come. I will be launching my Network Marketing Company in 17 days.
After a 26 year career as a Distributor and retiring for a while the time has come to be at the helm.
I will keep a few posted on this. We have been quietly behind the seems for the past 4 months putting this together. We are less than 3 weeks from a great Pre-Launch.
It’s Time… To Help 100s of 1000s now.
Hagen Media Group, INC.
Developers of The JetStream
JetStream Direct is a streambox MLM opportunity. The company markets $399 streamboxes, which are primarily marketed as gateways to pirated content over the internet.
Whether Hagen had a relationship beyond Hagen Media Group’s “development” of JetStream Direct is unclear. Today the Hagen Media Group website domain redirects to that of EVO Media Group.
JetStream Direct still appear to be in business, at least as far as having an operational website. Alexa traffic estimates for the JetStream Direct website are so low the company is unranked.
As far as I can tell, EVO Media Group appears to be a relaunch of JetStream Direct.
Read on for a full review of the EVO Media Group MLM business opportunity.
The EVO Media Group Product Line
EVO Media Group market a streambox they call “Evo Media Box”.
As per the EVO Media Group website, Evo Media Box provides “virtually limitless entertainment” via access of ‘so many movies, from the past and new releases‘.
On the hardware side of things, Evo Media Box is specced as follows:
- CPU: Quad Core Cortex-A9 CPU, up to 1.6 GHz
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- ROM: 8 GB NAND Flash
- Adaptor Input: AC 100V – 240V, 50 – 60Hz
- Adaptor Output: DC power output 5v/2A
The retail cost of an Evo Media Box is not disclosed on the EVO Media Group website.
Michael Hagen claims the Evo Media Box is “the fastest box on the market today” and that “it continues to break records.”
What “records” Hagen is referring to however is unclear.
The Evo Media Group Compensation Plan
The EVO Media Group compensation plan pays affiliates to sell EVO Media Boxes to retail customers.
Recruitment of new affiliates is also commissionable, with residual commissions paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
EVO Media Group Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks in the EVO Media Group compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Brand Partner – pay $49 affiliate fee and accumulate maintain 50 PV and 500 GV a month
- Silver – recruit and maintain two affiliates and maintain 50 PV and 3500 GV a month
- Gold – recruit and maintain three affiliates and maintain 50 PV and 7500 GV a month
- Ruby – maintain three recruited affiliates (two of which must be Silver) and maintain 100 PV and 15,000 GV a month
- Emerald – recruit and maintain six recruited affiliates (two of which must be Gold) and maintain 100 PV and 35,000 GV a month
- Diamond – recruit and maintain eight recruited affiliates (one must be Gold and one Emerald) and maintain 100 PV and 75,000 GV a month
- Royal Diamond – recruit and maintain ten recruited affiliates (one must be Diamond and one Ruby) and maintain 200 PV and 150,000 GV a month
- Black Diamond – recruit and maintain twelve recruited affiliates (two of which must be Diamond) and maintain 200 PV and 300,000 GV a month
- Double Black Diamond – maintain twelve recruited affiliates (one must be Diamond and one Royal Diamond) and maintain 200 PV and 500,000 GV a month
- Triple Black Diamond – maintain twelve recruited affiliates (three of which must be Diamond) and maintain 200 PV and 1,000,000 GV a month
- White Diamond – maintain twelve recruited affiliates (one must be Double Diamond and two Royal Diamonds) and maintain 2,000,000 GV a month
Although the cost of Evo Media Boxes is not disclosed, EVO Media Group claim their affiliates are paid retail commissions.
When an EVO Media Group affiliate sells an Evo Media Box to a retail customer, they earn ‘the difference between the wholesale price and the retail price‘.
EVO Media Group affiliates are paid to recruit new affiliates.
How much of a recruitment commission is paid out is determined by how much a newly recruited affiliate spends when they sign up:
- Personal Pak ($289) – $50
- Demo Pak ($549) – $100
- Demo/Share Pak ($849) – $150
An additional $100 is paid out every time an EVO Media Group affiliate accumulates 300 Business Volume (BV).
BV is generated via the sale of starter paks to newly recruited affiliates:
- Personal Pak ($289) – 100 BV
- Demo Pak ($549) – 200 BV
- Demo/Share Pak ($849) – 300 BV
Residual Recruitment Commissions
A residual recruitment commissions are paid out for every 3500 BV generated by an affiliate’s entire downline.
Note that no more than 1575 BV can be counted from any one recruitment leg.
Residual commissions in EVO Media Group are paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Evo Media Group do state that affiliates are paid down six levels of recruitment, however specific unilevel percentage payouts are not disclosed.
Unilevel Matching Bonus
EVO Media Group affiliates are able to earn a match on unilevel commissions earned by their unilevel team, paid out down a maximum ten levels of recruitment as follows:
- Brand Partner – 5% match on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Silver – 5% on levels 1 and 2
- Gold – 10% on levels 1 and 2
- Ruby – 10% on levels 1 to 3
- Emerald – 10% on levels 1 to 4
- Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 5
- Royal Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 6
- Black Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 7
- Double Black Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 8
- Triple Black Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 9
- White Diamond – 10% on levels 1 to 10
EVO Media Group affiliates ranked at the Diamond or higher rank, are able to earn an additional override bonus percentage on their unilevel volume:
- Diamond = 1% bonus
- Royal Diamond = 3% bonus
- Black Diamond = 6% bonus
Rank Achievement Bonus
Upon qualifying at the Silver or higher ranks, EVO Media Group affiliates are rewarded as follows:
- Silver – $300
- Gold – $500
- Ruby – $1000
- Emerald – $5000
- Diamond – $10,000 paid out over 3 months
- Royal Diamond – $35,000 paid out over 5 months
- Black Diamond – $75,000 paid out over 10 months
- Double Black Diamond – $150,000 paid out over 12 months
- Triple Black Diamond – $250,000 paid out over 18 months
- White Diamond – $1,000,000 paid out over 24 months
Joining EVO Media Group
Basic affiliate EVO Media Group affiliate membership is $49.
At the time of enrollment, EVO Media Group affiliates also have the option of purchasing a starter package:
- Personal Pak – $289
- Demo Pak – $549
- Demo/Share Pak – $849
The primary difference between the three packages are the number of Evo Media Boxes included (one, two and three respectively).
There’s also something called the EVO Entrepreneur Success Program, which costs an additional $99.95 a month.
In a nutshell, EVO Media Group promise users of their Evo Media Box will “save thousands” by accessing illegal pirated content.
In an attempt to gloss over this, EVO Media Group provide the following paper-thin pseudo-compliance disclaimer on their website:
IS THE EVOTV STREAMING MEDIA BOX LEGAL?
YES! All our EvoTv Box software does is provide links to content that is already posted on the internet. We do not host any content nor do we know who does. We do not promote illegal conduct of any kind.
That last line? It’s a bit hard to swallow when the EVO Media Group website looks like this:
All of those movies are pirated, with EVO Media Group clearly marketing their streambox on its capability to access said pirated content.
Is building a business opportunity around selling access to piracy legal? Yeah, I’d like to see EVO Media Group address that in their FAQ.
On the compensation plan side of things the retail sale of EVO Media Boxes appears to have nothing to do with the MLM side of the business.
As per the EVO Media Group compensation plan, BV is only generated when newly recruited affiliates purchase starter packs.
This means, at least as far as the MLM opportunity goes, that EVO Media Group are operating a chain-recruitment scheme.
I’m also not sure where affiliates are supposed to source their monthly BV from. I suppose the EVO Entrepreneur Success Program might knock off 100 BV or so, but at the higher ranks 200 BV a month is needed.
Obviously retail isn’t a core focus, as basic retail pricing isn’t even provided on the EVO Media Group website.
And speaking of things not provided, who publishes compensation plan documentation that fails to specify unilevel percentages???
I mean they’re only the core of residual commissions paid out and all.
Retail qualifiers would go some way to negate the possibility of an EVO Media Group affiliate signing up, self-funding PV requirements and then recruiting others who do the same. As it stands though they are absent.
Finally I’ll touch on EVO Media Group’s “Founders Program”, which is a pretty textbook example of “pay to play”.
For between $995 to $2995, EVO Media Group founders can
- buy ranks in the compensation plan (directly impacting their earning potential)
- receive an up to twelve month waiver on monthly PV requirements
- receive double Rank Advancement Bonuses and
- receive shares in a Founders Pool (presumably made up of company-wide revenue)
For a price-tag, EVO Media Group affiliates can to large extent control how much they earn. For obvious reasons, pay to play is not something you want to see in an MLM compensation plan, ever.
Throw in the legality question of an income opportunity based on selling access to pirated content and well, yeah. There’s a reason the streambox MLM niche has come and gone over the past year…
This may be old news, but several stream box sellers have already been shut down in the UK.
And the box is worth… $45 on Amazon. Given that Amazon stock fee is like 5-10, wholesale price out of China is like $25-30.
He got a nice box for the outside, but that’s just optional. Compare the specs, folks.
Covered it here – https://behindmlm.com/mlm/choosing-a-business/uk-police-raid-stream-box-sellers-1000-units-seized/
Silly me. I should’ve used the search feature here.