Emris International Review: Weight loss tea & CBD oil
Emris International launched in 2019 and operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
Heading up Emris International are co-founders Aspen Emry (CEO), Ilean Harris (CSO) and Matthew Harris (CVO).
“Emris International” is an amalgamation of the co-founders’ surnames.
Prior to founding Emris, Aspen Emry was promoting It Works.
Up until about a year ago Ilean Harris marketed herself as an MLM trainer and speaker.
Promo videos on Harris’ YouTube channel date back six years.
As per Matthew Harris’ bio, provided by MLM Nation podcast, he
discovered network marketing and struggled for years before he finally found “success.”
Matthew’s success ended in disappointment as 3 companies in a row were shut down or went out of business.
Matthew promised he would never do MLM again but later on realized he could never leave the profession so he decided to give it one more shot.
In his current company, Matthew made over $250,000 and built a team of 10,000 people in his first 6 months.
A Business For Home article published in 2017 ties Harris to Total Life Changes.
Harris’ YouTube channel reveals he was promoting Visalus before that. Harris stopped uploading to his YouTube channel three years ago.
Read on for a full review of Emris International’s MLM opportunity.
Emris International’s Products
Emris International market a range of nutritional supplements. The company also has its own CBD line.
Products featured on Emris International’s website include:
- 180 Detox Tea – “an energizing skinny tea, that promotes weight loss and supports digestion with all natural ingredients”, retails at $62 for a pouch of 28 tea bags
- Synergy – “broad spectrum hemp extract oil”, retails at $74 for 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) bottle of 150 mg CBD, $99 for 250 mg or $149 for 500 mg
- Synergy Nano – “predictable CBD dosages in an easy-to-swallow format”, retails at $124 for a bottle of 30 softgel capsules
- Vitality Plus – “a premium herbal complex, designed for maximum vitality”, retails at $74 for a bottle of 30 capsules
- Vida – “one tablet contains over 2 dozen organic fruits and vegetables and super greens”, retails at $74 for a bottle of 60 tablets
- Eden – “organic, aloe-vera based, CBD and Apple stem cell infused eye serum”, retails at $105 for a 4 oz (120 ml) bottle
- Pawsible – “delicious bacon flavor your pet will love” and contains “100 MG of CBD per bottle”, retails at $74 for a 1 fl. oz. (30 ml) bottle
- Renew – “designed to cleanse your system of harmful toxins, reduce bloating, and attack those pesky problem areas, allowing you to shed the weight you want quickly and easily”, retails at $62 for a bottle of 60 tablets
Retail customers can opt to sign up for monthly autoship, which provides a 20% discount.
Emris International’s Compensation Plan
Emris International’s compensation plan combines retail and recruitment commissions.
Residual commissions are paid out via a binary, extended via a matching generation bonus. Additional pool bonuses are also available.
Emris International Affiliate Ranks
There are fourteen ranks within Emris International’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Brand Ambassador – sign up as an Emris International affiliate and generate and maintain 80 PV
- Executive – maintain 80 PV and recruit two affiliates (placed on on either side of the binary team)
- 1 Star Executive – maintain 80 PV, personally recruit three affiliates and generate 1500 GV in weaker binary team volume
- 2 Star Executive – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 4500 in weaker binary team volume
- 3 Star Executive – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 9000 GV in weaker binary team volume
- Director – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 18,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- 1 Star Director – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 36,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- 2 Star Director – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 75,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- 3 Star Director – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 150,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- Vice President – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 300,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- Senior Vice President – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 600,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- Executive Vice President – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 900,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
- Presidential Ambassador – maintain 80 PV, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 1,200,000 GV in both weaker binary and unilevel team volume
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
Emris International counts PV generated over the past five weeks for rank qualification.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Only up to 50% of required GV is counted from any one unilevel leg.
Required binary team volume is counted over a rolling four-week period.
Emris International affiliates earn commissions on products ordered by retail customers.
Retail commissions are paid as the difference between the wholesale and retail price of products purchased.
Retail autoship orders are paid out as 10% of generates sales volume (PV).
VIP Power Bonus
The VIP Power Bonus is calculated off an Emris International affiliate’s monthly retail autoship volume.
- generate and maintain 250 to 499 PV in retail autoship volume and receive a bonus 10% on retail autoship volume
- generate and maintain 500 PV in retail autoship volume and receive a bonus 15%
Global Customer Bonus Pool
Emris International takes 1% of company-wide retail autoship volume and places it into the Global Customer Bonus Pool.
Shares in the Global Customer Bonus Pool are allocated based on an affiliate’s retail autoship volume for the month.
For every 1000 PV in retail autoship volume generated in a month, an Emris International affiliate receives one share in the Global Customer Bonus Pool.
Note that this is an ongoing monthly qualification. Global Customer Bonus Pool shares reset every month.
Emris International affiliates are paid commissions when they recruit affiliates who sign up with a Business Starter Pack.
- recruit a Business Builder Kit affiliate and receive $50
- recruit a Legacy Builder Kit affiliate and receive $100
- recruit a Presidential Kit affiliate and receive $200
Emris International pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week Emris International tallies up new sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid between 8% to 15% of volume generated on their weaker binary team side.
- Executives receive 8%, capped at $200 a week
- 1 Star Executives receive 9%, capped at $300 a week
- 2 Star Executives receive 10%, capped at $400 a week
- 3 Star Executives receive 11%, capped at $500 a week
- Directors receive 12% capped, at $1000 a week
- 1 Star Directors receive 13%, capped at $2500 a week
- 2 Star Directors receive 14%, capped at $5000 a week
- 3 Star Directors receive 15%, capped at $10,000 a week
- Vice Presidents receive 15%, capped at $20,000 a week
- Senior Vice Presidents receive 15%, capped at $30,000 a week
- Executive Vice Presidents receive 15%, capped at $40,000 a week
- Presidential Ambassadors receive 15%, capped at $75,000 a week
Once paid out on weaker binary volume is matched against the stronger binary team side and flushed.
Any leftover volume carries over into the following week.
Check Match Bonus
Emris International pay a Check Match Bonus on up to three generations, tracked via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
A generation within the unilevel team is defined when a Director or higher ranked affiliate is found in a leg.
This affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Director or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in the leg, they cap off the second generation for that leg. A third Director or higher ranked affiliate would cap off the third generation.
Using this generational structure, Emris International affiliates can earn a match on residual commissions earned on up to three generations per unilevel team leg.
- 2 Star Executives to Directors earn a 10% match on one generation
- 1 and 2 Star Directors earn a 10% match on the first generation and 5% on a second
- 3 Star Directors and higher earn a 10% match on the first generation and 5% on the second and third
Director and Vice President Bonus Pools
Emris International takes 1.5% of company-wide sales volume each week and places it into the Director and Vice President Bonus Pools.
The sales volume percentage are split 1% and 0.5% across both pools respectively.
Director and higher ranked affiliates qualify for shares in the Director Bonus Pool.
Vice President and higher ranked affiliates qualify for shares in the Vice President Bonus Pool.
Share allocation for the Director Pool are allocated based on rank:
- Directors receive 10 shares a week
- 1 Star Directors receive 12 shares a week
- 3 Star Directors receive 14 shares a week
- Vice Presidents receive 18 shares a week
- Senior Vice Presidents receive 20 shares a week
- Executive Vice Presidents receive 22 shares a week
- Presidential Ambassadors receive 24 shares a week
Note that while shares and sales volume are calculated weekly, the Vice President Bonus Pool is paid monthly.
Share allocation for the Vice President Pool is based on generated GV, capped at up to 50% counted per unilevel leg (same as rank qualification).
Global Trip Incentives
Specifics of Global Trip Incentives aren’t provided.
Instead Emris International only states that they are offered to affiliates,
allowing them to enjoy incredible experiences, recharge their batteries, and experience the freedom that the EMRIS lifestyle brings!
Joining Emris International
Emris International affiliate membership is $49 and then $35 annually.
When signing up, an Emris International affiliate can purchase an optional Business Starter Pack:
- Business Builder Kit – $199
- Legacy Builder Kit – $499
- Presidential Kit – $999
The difference between the Starter Packs is bundled Emris International products.
I’m not sure when the Harris’ stopped promoting Total Life Changes. The similarities between TLC’s Iaso Tea and Emris’ 180 Detox Tea are pretty obvious.
Total Life Changes doesn’t have CBD though, so I suppose in that regard Emris International stands on its own.
That said the MLM CBD niche is highly competitive. Outside of MLM 30 ml bottles of 150 mg CBD oil can be had for ~$60.
This puts a question mark over Synergy’s retail viability coming in at $74 a bottle.
Emris International defines success within their MLM opportunity as
ultimately com(ing) down to mastering the skill of acquiring customers, building successful teams, and developing leaders who do the same thing.
With that said, within Emris International’s compensation plan there are no retail customer volume requirements.
Incentives yes (and pretty decent ones at that), but no actual retail volume requirements.
That means you can sign up as an Emris affiliate, whack 80 PV on autoship and get paid to recruit others who do the same.
This coincidentally is one of the primary criticisms I had of Total Life Changes in our published review.
Whether that’s happening company-wide in Emris I can’t say. Given how easy it is to tie commission qualification to retail volume though, newly launched MLM companies have no excuse for not doing it.
Especially if they’re going to put up disclaimers like this:
EMRIS International does not pay commissions for signing up Brand Ambassadors. Commissions are generated from product purchases only.
Sorry but the only people buying Business Starter Packs are affiliates. A commission paid on how much a recruited affiliate pays when they sign up is a recruitment commission.
Not a problem if retail volume is primarily being paid out, but I’ve already covered that.
Given Aspen Emry’s MLM past, I can’t help but feel Emris International falls somewhere between It Works and TLC.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it just feels like the three co-founders wanted to get in on CBD – which neither TLC or It Works offer.
Is that enough of a foundation to maintain a corporate identity in the MLM world long-term? I guess we’ll have to see.
In the mean time do your homework on comparable product offerings in your area and online.
Emris International’s basic joining costs aren’t high, but not being able to sell the products retail isn’t a roadblock you want to get stuck on.
Update 1st October 2022 – BehindMLM has revisited Emris International for an updated review.
Leave a Reply...