Atteva Review: Jef Welch returns with hemp oil & weight loss
Atteva launched in July 2020 and is based in the nutritional supplement and weight loss MLM niches.
Atteva represents it is based out of California. The corporate address provided however is shared with what appears to be multiple unrelated businesses.
Not sure what the story is there.
Heading up Atteva is CEO Jef Welch (right).
Welch first appeared on BehindMLM as part of a cross-recruitment spat between Sisel and Neways
BehindMLM covered the spat as part of our published 2012 Sisel review.
The spat wound up in court. In 2008 a federal court in Utah
entered an order against Sisel distributors Jef and Patricia Welch restraining them from recruiting any present Neways distributor to participate in another multi-level marketing company.
We next came across Welch in March 2018, as the money guy for CGI Limited.
Welch was using a personal bank account to accept funds for CGI Limited. Said funds were being solicited as part of an illegal crypto token betting scheme.
Later in the year CGI Limited was rebranded first as CGI Global and then Magellan International Alliances.
In August 2018 Welch was appointed CEO of the company.
Magellan International Alliances was a Ponzi scheme committing securities fraud.
Just over a month after BehindMLM published its review, Magellan International announced it was pulling out of the US.
Jef Welch, who is based out of the US state of Georgia, remained in charge of the company.
The indirect admission Magellan International was committing securities fraud coincided with acknowledged withdrawal problems.
Three months later Magellan International collapsed.
The day before Magellan International collapsed, Welch, stretched out and seemingly without a worry in the world, posted a fifteen minute video to Facebook.
In the caption above the video Welch asked, “Are you a dysfunctional wuss who doesn’t take responsibility for your own stupid decisions?”
Total Magellan International investor losses are unknown. To date neither Welch or anybody else involved in Magellan International has been held accountable.
Read on for a full review of Atteva’s MLM opportunity.
Atteva markets a nutritional supplement, an energy and weight loss drink mix and hemp extract oil.
- Curasol – “a proprietary organic Curcumin product with Bentonite Clay, provides antioxidants for the maintenance of good health, may strengthen the immune system and is used in herbal medicine to help relieve joint inflammation”, retails at $56.65 for a bottle of 60 capsules
- TevaGO – “natural, healthy energy to help you through the day”, retails at $98.95 for a box of 28 single-serve sachets
- Nature’s Purest full or broad spectrum hemp extract (600 mg) – retails at $73.95 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
- Nature’s Purest full or broad spectrum hemp extract (1200 mg) – retails at $103.45 for a 1 fl. oz. bottle (30 ml)
In addition to personal product orders, Atteva’s products can also be purchased through promotional package bundles:
- Personal Package A – one each of Curasol, TevaGo and 600 mg Hemp Extract for $254.85
- Personal Package B – one Curasol and two TevaGos for $263.82
- Personal Package C – one each of Curasol, TevaGo and 1200 mg Hemp Extract for $287.85
- Partner Package A – two Curasols, three TevaGos, one 600 mg Hemp Extract and one 1200 mg Hemp Extract for $652.65
- Partner Package B – two Cursaols, one TevaGo and 110 additional TevaGo single-serve sachets for $667.80
- Pro Package A – four Curasols, four TevaGos and two each of 600 and 1200 mg Hemp Extracts for $1085.40
- Pro Package B – three Curasols, one TevaGo, 110 additional TevaGo single-serve sachets and two each of 600 and 1200 mg Hemp Extracts for $995.60
- Pro Package C – six Curasols, three TevaGos and 110 additional TevaGo single-serve sachets for $1139.50
With respect to their Nature’s own hemp extracts, Atteva claims their
products are non-GMO, full spectrum grown in Colorado, with strict organic farming practices.
Atteva’s Compensation Plan
Atteva’s compensation plan pays on retail and recruited affiliate orders.
Residual commissions are paid out via a binary team. There also several sales volume based bonuses available.
Atteva Affiliate Ranks
There are six affiliate ranks within Atteva’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Associate – sign up as an Atteva affiliate
- Brand Partner – generate and maintain 80 PV a month and recruit two affiliates who do the same (placed on on each side your binary team)
- Super Affiliate – recruit at least four Brand Partners (maintain at least one one on both sides of binary team) and have a total downline of eight Brand Partners or higher (outside of personal recruitment requirements)
- Executive – recruit and maintain four Super Affiliates (maintain at least one on both sides of binary team), and have a total downline of eight Super Affiliates or higher (outside of personal recruitment requirements)
- Senior Executive – recruit and maintain two Executives and two Super Affiliates or higher (maintain at least one of each on both sides of the binary team), and have a total downline of at least four Executives and four Super Affiliates or higher (outside of personal recruitment requirements)
- Diamond Executive – recruit and maintain two Executives and two Senior Executives or higher (maintain at least one Senior Executive on both sides of the binary team)
Core Team Bonus
The Core Team Bonus pays out a percentage of sales volume generated by product orders and promotional package purchases.
Note that for promotional package purchases, see the note in “Promotional Package Bonus” below.
Atteva pays the Core Team Bonus via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
The Core Team Bonus is capped at five unilevel team levels.
The Core Team Bonus is paid out as a percentage of product and promotional package orders across these give levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates and personal customer orders) – 10% on affiliate orders and 15% on retail customers orders
- level 2 – 8%
- level 3 – 4%
- level 4 – 2%
- level 5 – 1%
Note that to earn the Core Team Bonus on levels 3 to 5, an Atteva affiliate must generate and maintain three retail customers who together are ordering at least 240 PV in sales volume a month.
Atteva pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Residual commissions are paid out per cycle generated across the binary team.
A cycle is generated when 500 GV is matched on one side of the binary team with 250 GV on the other. Which side is matched with which GV amount doesn’t matter.
Once cycles are calculated and paid out on, corresponding binary team volume is flushed.
If an Atteva affiliate is maintaining 80 PV a month, leftover volume on the stronger binary team side carries over into the following week.
For each cycle generated in a week, a $40 residual commission is paid out.
Note that Atteva caps residual commissions at $50,000 a week for all ranks.
Generational Matching Bonus
Super Affiliate and higher ranks earn a Generational Matching Bonus on residual commissions earned by downline affiliates.
The Generational Matching Bonus is paid using the same unilevel compensation structure as the Core Team Bonus.
The Generational Matching Bonus pays a match on cycles earned in each unilevel team leg, up until another Super Affiliate or higher is found in that leg.
- Super Affiliates earn a 5% Generational Matching Bonus ($2 match per cycle)
- Executives earn a 10% Generational Matching Bonus ($4 match per cycle)
- Diamonds earn a 15% Generational Matching Bonus ($6 math per cycle)
Special Promotional Bonus
If an Atteva affiliate qualifies at
- Super Affiliate within their first thirty days, they receive a $30 Special Promotion Bonus
- Executive within their first one hundred and eighty days, they receive a $1000 Special Promotion Bonus
Promotional Package Bonus
The Promotional Package Bonus is paid on the purchase of promotional packages by retail customers and recruited affiliates:
- sell a Personal Package A ($245.85 retail or $199 wholesale) and receive a $50 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Personal Package B ($263.82 retail or $219 wholesale) and receive a $55 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Personal Package C ($287.85 retail or $224 wholesale) and receive a $56 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Partner Package A ($652.65 retail or $499 wholesale) and receive a $100 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Partner Package B ($667.80 retail or $479 wholesale) and receive a $100 Partner Package Bonus
- sell a Pro Package A ($1085.40 retail or $799 wholesale) and receive a $175 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Pro Package B ($995.60 retail or $799 wholesale) and receive a $175 Promotional Package Bonus
- sell a Pro Package C ($1139.50 retail or $799 wholesale) and receive a $175 Promotional Package Bonus
Note that Atteva’s compensation plan states:
The Promotional Package Bonus (PPB) nullifies the Core Team Bonus (CTB) on all Promotional Package purchases.
This suggests that although Promotional Packages are mentioned as counting towards the Core Team Bonus, generated sales volume is only paid out via the Promotional Package Bonus.
Atteva takes 2% of company-wide sales volume and places it into the Founde’s Pools.
The Founder’s Pool is made up of two smaller 1% pools.
Atteva affiliates qualify for a share in the pools as follows:
- purchase a Founder’s Pack and qualify at Super Affiliate within a year; or
- qualify as a Diamond Executive.
Atteva affiliate membership is $29 annually.
Affiliates can optionally purchase a promotional package when they sign up.
Promotional packages bundle Atteva products together and range in cost from $10 to $799.
Other than savings versus buying the products individually, there is no financial benefit to signing up with an Atteva promotional package.
Jef Welch undoubtedly has a lot of baggage. That said, what went down with Magellan International is between Welch, his victims and any regulators that looked into it.
I’m not aware of any regulatory investigation into Magellan International. By all appearances Welch got away with it and has shown no sign of remorse.
The good news is Atteva isn’t a continuation of the fraud started with CGI Limited. Rather it’s a much more traditional MLM offering.
The main issue I see with Atteva is that although retail sales are incentivized, they’re not required.
I can sign up as an Atteva affiliate, maintain a monthly order and get paid to recruit others who do the same.
In this sense Atteva’s retail commissions and bonuses feel tacked on, rather than what the compensation plan was built around.
I will say the five-level deep residual retail commission was above the usual single-level retail commissions we see.
On the flip side charging preferred customers a $29 annual fee is a retail disincentive.
Preferred customers sign up for a discount, they don’t need to be slugged with a fee.
A simple way to refocus Atteva on retail sales would be requiring each affiliate to generate and maintain 80 PV in monthly retail volume.
With respect to Atteva’s products, nothing stood out to me. Curcumin supplements are widely available, as are weight loss drinks and hemp extracts.
Do your homework there and compare with what’s available locally and online.
If you’re considering signing up as an Atteva affiliates, it might be worth checking with your potential upline as to how many active retail customers they have.
That is retail customers placing at least one order each month.
If you can, weigh that against whatever they’re earning and work out if the numbers add up.
Approach with caution.