A Great Life Review: Weight loss tea with autoship recruitment concerns
A Great Life operates in the weight loss MLM niche and are based out of Maryland in the US.
Heading up A Great Life are co-founders Wes Wheeler and Dave Lear.
Dave Lear last popped up on BehindMLM’s radar back in 2015, as co-founder of The Elite Networker.
Earlier that same year The Elite Networker co-founders launched Total Takeover.
Both The Elite Networker and Total Takeover operated as pyramid schemes and collapsed shortly after launch.
After The Elite Networker collapsed, Lear went on to promote Valentus.
I wasn’t able to find an MLM history for Wes Wheeler, which I’m flagging as suspicious.
Read on for a full review of the A Great Life MLM opportunity.
A Great Life Products
A Great Life markets a weight loss tea they’re calling “Not the Average Skinny Tea”.
What Makes Us So Special?
Our precisely chosen ingredient blend has been sourced from exotic regions like Asia, Africa, and South America and were selected on the fact that you can FEEL the product working almost instantly.
Not The Average SKINNY TEA Works with your body 7 different ways to help you lose weight.
When you take a look at our ingredients you will understand why so many people are drinking our tea every day!
People who have been stuck in a weightloss rut are now getting “unstuck” and achieving the best body of their lives with the help of our Muti-Functional SKINNY TEA!
Not the Average Skinny Tea retails at $69.95 for a box of thirty single-serve sachets.
A three-pack is available for $154.95 ($51.65 a box) and a six-pack for $239.95 ($39.99 a box).
The A Great Life Compensation Plan
A Great Life’s compensation plan rewards affiliates for making retail sales and recruiting affiliates who maintain a monthly product order.
A Great Life Affiliate Ranks
There are five affiliate ranks within the A Great Life compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria they are as follows:
- Life Changer – maintain a monthly product order and refer at least one retail customer
- Professional Life Changer – maintain a monthly product order and recruit and maintain at least two Life Changer ranked affiliates
- Gold Life Changer – maintain a monthly product order, maintain at least two personally recruited Life Changers and generate at least 5000 BV a month on your weaker binary side
- Platinum Life Changer – maintain a monthly product order, maintain at least two personally recruited Life Changers and generate at least 20,000 BV a month on your weaker binary side
- Diamond Life Changer – maintain a monthly product order, maintain at least two personally recruited Life Changers and generate at least 40,000 BV a month on your weaker binary side
BV stands for “Business Volume” and is sales volume generated via retail sales and affiliate orders across the binary team (see residual commissions for more information).
A Great Life pays commissions on the sale of Not The Average Skinny Tea to retail customers.
- a single box retail sale generates a $20 retail commission
- a three-pack retail sale generates a $30 retail commission
- a six-pack retail sale generates a $50 retail commission
A Great Life affiliates are paid to recruit new affiliates down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- recruitment of a Starter Pack affiliate generates $20 on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) and $5 on levels 2 and 3
- recruitment of a Builder Pack affiliate generates $40 on level 1 and $10 on levels 2 and 3
- recruitment of a Pro Builder Pack affiliate generates $60 on level 1 and $15 on levels 2 and 3
A Great Life pays residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Residual commissions are paid out on sales volume generated across the binary team.
- the sale of one box of Not The Average Skinny Tea or recruitment of a Starter Pack affiliate generates 40 BV
- the sale of a three-pack of Not The Average Skinny Tea or recruitment of a Builder Pack affiliate generates 80 BV
- the sale of a six-pack of Not The Average Skinny Tea or recruitment of a PRO Builder Pack affiliate generates 120 BV
A Good Life pays residual commissions using a Residual commissions are paid using a 40 BV/80 BV ratio.
That is to say a residual commission is generated each time 40 BV on one side of the binary team is matched with 80 BV on the other wise.
For the purpose of residual commission calculation, which side of the binary team 40 BV is matched with 80 BV on doesn’t matter.
Each 40 BV/80 BV ratio match generates an $8 residual commission.
A Great Life take 5% of company-wide sales volume and places it into three Bonus Pools.
The three Bonus Pools are split based on affiliate rank as follows:
- Gold ranked affiliates receive a share in a 1% Gold bonus pool
- Platinum ranked affiliates receive a share in the Gold Bonus Pool as well as a 2% Platinum bonus pool
- Diamond ranked affiliates receive a share in the Gold and Platinum bonus pools as well as a share in a 2% Diamond pool
Joining A Great Life
A Great Life affiliate membership is available in three options:
- Starter Pack – $20 plus a box of Not The Average Skinny Tea for $49.95 ($69.95 total)
- Builder Pack – $20 plus a three-pack of Not The Average Skinny Tea for $124.95 ($144.95 total) or
- PRO Builder Pack – $20 plus a six-pack of Not The Average Skinny Tea for $189.95 ($209.95 total)
Product-wise A Great Life appears to be not much different to any other weight loss tea MLM opportunity.
When we designed our tea, we made sure to not only create the best functional tea for energy and weightloss, but also the yummiest!
In fact, in a recent survey carried out by a few of our product testers, 100% of them said, It tastes like Christmas.
Nothing really stood out as unique about Not The Average Skinny Tea, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
If the tea works as advertised and is competitively priced, retail demand will follow.
Unfortunately that brings us to A Great Life’s compensation plan, which only requires a token effort at retail sales.
The Life Changer rank requires an A Great Life affiliate to make one retail sale. The wording of the compensation plan implies this is a one-off sale, with the only additional qualifier then being group BV.
By forcing affiliates to place a monthly order, A Great Life lends itself to autoship recruitment at the expense of retail sales.
Once that initial retail sale is made, A Great Life affiliate can focus on recruitment of new affiliates, all of whom are likely to be on autoship due to the mandatory monthly purchase requirement.
What you wind up is a company full of affiliates purchasing product each month to qualify for commissions. And as a result of purchases made to qualify for commissions, so the legitimacy of Not The Average Skinny Tea becomes irrelevant.
From a regulatory standpoint the autoship recruitment model is that of a pyramid scheme.
And as with all pyramid schemes, once recruitment slows down the majority of A Great Life affiliates will be forced to realize a loss.