DOJ file witness/exhibit lists for upcoming Merrill trial (TelexFree)
In preparation for James Merrill’s upcoming October 24th trial, the DOJ has filed exhibit and witness lists.
In total the DOJ are looking to enter 618 exhibits into evidence and call up forty-three witnesses.
Items of note on the DOJ’s exhibits list include:
- James Merrill’s Westfield State College transcript
- TelexFree incorporation documents from the Cayman Islands
- Ympactus incorporation documents from Brazil (including TelexFree licensing agreement)
- various payment processor agreements
- a ton of TelexFree related PowerPoint presentations, website screenshots, photos and videos
- internal TelexFree emails (including one that references Andy Bowdoin’s indictment (AdSurf Daily))
- “Google confidential and proprietary videodata” (I don’t specifically know what this is but it sounds interesting)
- detailed bank statements and transaction histories on numerous TelexFree related accounts (including accounts in James Merrill and Carlos Wanzeler’s names
Regarding witnesses, while we don’t know what they will testify in court, the DOJ’s list suggests a whole lot of negotiations behind the scenes.
- Jeffrey Babener, Law Offices of Babener and Associates
- Joseph Craft (TelexFree’s accountant)
- Randy Crosby (top TelexFree affiliate, sued by the SEC in 2014)
- Santiago Delarosa (top TelexFree affiliate, also sued by the SEC in 2014 (see above))
- Joseph Isaacs (assisted TelexFree with telecommunications registrations)
- Steven Labriola (TelexFree’s Marketing Director, was left to face affiliates as the Ponzi scheme collapsed)
- Gerald P. Nehra, Law Offices of Nehra and Waak (serial Ponzi lawyer) and
- Michael Sheffield, Sheffield Group
Merrill has yet to file his exhibit/witness lists. Stay tuned…
Footnote: Our thanks to Don@ASDUpdates for providing a copy of the DOJ’s exhibit and witness lists (filed September 26th).
i wonder if sang rodriguez’s testimony comes as part of negotiations for him to be release from prison.
also, Oz, abut the “Google confidential and proprietary video data”, thats just youtube videos that telexfree had posted and then removed, that they got from google to show in court.
can anyone say carlos costa’s video sweatyness?
Rodrigues wasn’t on the witness list?