Uno Premier Review: $309-$3404 packages & recruitment
On their website, Uno Premier claim to be
a dynamic marketing company that was derived from the foundation of a very long history of Leadership, Management and Entrepreneurism.
UNO Premier’s Mother Company UNO started its rising 8 years ago and blossomed throughout the network marketing Industry like rapid fire.
Wanting to expand into the international market is the primary reason cited for the creation of Uno Premier.
Identified as the President of Uno Premier is William Barbo (right), who serves as company President.
William from a very young age put himself thru school as a working student and graduated as a Mechanical Engineer.
After finishing college not able yet to find an opening for the course he completed, he worked as a bartender for the next 5 years.
Shortly afterwards thru this rough journey, he stumbled upon Network Marketing and for next 17 years he not only learned the trade but became one of the most known and respected outstanding leaders and Top Earner of the industry.
I did try to search out an MLM history for Barbo prior to his involvement with Uno, but turned up nothing.
Meanwhile Uno Premier claim on their website that they have
created over 800 Philippine millionaires over the short span of 8 years, which in itself is a natural phenomenon and today has over 100 offices spread out nationwide throughout the Philippines.
Read on for a full review of the Uno Premier MLM business opportunity.
The Uno Premier Product Line
The following three products are listed on the Uno Premier website:
- Nutrifab – “a product that will help you shed the pounds and give you a full body detoxification experience while increasing your natural metabolic levels”
- Pro Cardio – “improve your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and more at the same time”
- Sante 8 Berries – a “one stop all supplement that pretty much covers almost everything”
No retail pricing is provided on the Uno Premier website, with the above three products seemingly only available via purchase of packages.
Uno Premier packages are sorted by country, with packages offered in the Philippines ranging in price from $765 to $3060.
For comparison, packages offered in the US range in price from $309 to $3404.
Other countries Uno Premier packages are sold in include Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Nigeria and Pakistan.
Various products not listed on the Uno Premier website are bundled in the packages, including
- something called “kryptorganic”
- Vitalife 365 (vitamin supplement?)
- Choco 8 (chocolate drink?)
- Magic Cream (yes that’s the actual product name, no further information provided)
- Virgin Coconut Oil
- Wheatgrass and Barley
- Gluthatione and Kojic Acid soaps
- Natura White deodorant
- shampoo and “hair treats”
- Glutha Lotion
- Advance Care Tooth Gel
- La Lumiere (no idea) and
- Acai Berry juice
There are no doubt other products available in the other packages, with the above being what came up in the first few packages I clicked.
From the looks of it, Uno Premier don’t have any products or services of their own and instead resell a third-party health and wellness orientated product line.
The Uno Premier Compensation Plan
As with the product packages available, Uno Premier sort compensation plans as per the countries they do business in.
The following Uno Premier compensation plan analysis was conducted on the US compensation plan, as offered on the Uno Premier website.
Uno Premier Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within the Uno Premier compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Distributor – sign up as an Uno Premier affiliate by purchasing a package
- Marketing Associate – purchase 300 GP worth of product in a month or 100 GP and recruit two affiliates who each recruit one new affiliate within a calendar month
- Supervisor Managing Director – purchase 743 GP worth of product in a month or 100 GP and recruit three affiliates who each recruit one new affiliate within a calendar month
- Consultant – purchase 1486 GP worth of product in a month or 200 GP and recruit five affiliates who each recruit one new affiliate within a calendar month
- Sapphire Executive – generate 22,286 GP worth of group sales a month (max of 50% from any one recruitment leg), purchase at least 400 GP worth of product a month and have at least two personally recruited Consultant ranked affiliates in your downline
- Ruby Executive – generate 74,286 GP worth of group sales a month (max of 50% from any one recruitment leg), purchase at least 400 GP worth of product a month and have at least four personally recruited Consultant ranked affiliates in your downline
- Emerald Executive – generate 148,572 GP worth of group sales a month (max of 50% from any one recruitment leg), purchase at least 400 GP worth of product a month and have at least four personally recruited Consultant ranked affiliates in your downline
- Diamond Executive – generate 297,144 GP worth of group sales a month (max of 40% from any one recruitment leg), purchase at least 400 GP worth of product a month and have at least six personally recruited Consultant ranked affiliates in your downline
- Blue Diamond Executive – no qualification criteria provided
- Black Diamond Executive – no qualification criteria provided
- Crown Diamond Executive – no qualification criteria provided
- Crown Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
Note that GP stands for “Global Points”. Uno Premier do not clarify what these are but it appears they are tied into the purchase of Uno Premier packages and/or products.
Uno Premier identify retail commissions as the reselling of products Uno Premier affiliates purchase in their packages.
This is not true retail and has nothing to do with the Uno Premier MLM business opportunity.
When an Uno Premier recruits a new affiliate, they are paid a commission.
How much of a commission is paid out depends on how much a new Uno Premier affiliate spends on their affiliate membership:
- Premier ($925) – $33 cash and a $56.25 gift certificate
- Premier Lite ($1741) – $66 cash and a $112.50 gift certificate
- Global Premier ($3404) – $132 cash and a $225 gift certificate
No information about the gift certificates is present in the Uno Premier compensation plan. How they are to be used by affiliates or what they can be used to purchase is unclear.
Also unclear is whether a recruitment commission is paid out when a newly recruited affiliate purchases a Platinum package ($309)
Uno Premier affiliates are paid a percentage of the direct recruitment commissions paid to affiliates they’ve personally recruited.
How much of a percentage is paid out depends on how much an Uno Premier affiliate themselves spent on their membership:
- Premier ($925) – 5%
- Premier Elite ($1741) – 7%
- Global Premier ($3404) – 10%
Note that each Uno Premier affiliate is capped at earning $49,080 via the Matching Bonus each month.
Uno Premier affiliates are paid residual commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, with two positions directly under them:
In turn, these two positions branch out into another two positions each, and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Positions in the binary correspond to recruited affiliates (and the packages they purchased to join), with commissions paid out using a 1:1 matching ratio on either side of the binary.
That is to say when the same package is recorded as having been purchased on either side of the binary, a commission is paid out.
The example in the Uno Premier compensation plan uses the Global package as an example, citing a $360 commission paid out when a new Global package position is matched on either side of the binary.
Whether binary commissions are paid out on other packages is unclear.
Note that binary commissions are capped at $12,270 a week.
How Uno Premier rebates work is not explained in the company’s compensation plan.
There is a section on rebates however that states that affiliates are able to receive a rebate via a unilevel style compensation structure.
A unilevel style compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed under them (level 1):
If any of these level 1 affiliates go on to recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates go on to recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Uno Premier cap payable unilevel levels at ten.
Rebates are offered as follows:
- Personal rebate – 5% to 45%
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 3%
- level 2 – 6%
- level 3 – 3%
- level 4 – 2%
- levels 5 to 7 – 1%
- levels 8 and 9 – 2%
- level 10 – 3%
Again, what or how these rebates relate to the Uno Premier compensation plan is not explained.
The company does state however that an affiliate must purchase at least “100 GP” worth of product each month to qualify for unilevel commissions.
What “GP” might be is again not clarified.
If I had to guess though, I’d suggest it’s some sort of points system attached to Uno Premier products (or packages). The rebate itself sounds as if it’s a separate balance that can be put towards the purchase of more Uno Premier products (or packages).
Note that the 5% to 45% personal rebate offered is tied to an Uno Premier affiliate’s rank:
- Distributor – 5%
- Marketing Associate – 10%
- Supervisor Managing Distributor – 15%
- Consultant – 20%
- Sapphire – 30%
- Ruby Executive – 35%
- Emerald Executive – 40%
- Diamond Executive – 45%
A unilevel matching bonus is also offered on the unilevel commissions paid out to recruited affiliates, payable down four levels of recruitment:
- Consultant – 10% on level 1
- Sapphire Executive – 20% on level 1
- Ruby Executive – 20% on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- Emerald Executive – 20% on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 and 3
- Diamond Executive – 20% on level 1 and 10% on levels 2 to 4
Global Profit Sharing Pools
Uno Premier offer affiliate shares in a Global Profit Sharing Pool.
This pool is made up of 12% of Uno Premier’s global sales (including affiliate package purchases), with shares allocated as follows:
- Ruby Executive – 1 share
- Emerald Executive – 2 shares
- Diamond Executive – 4 shares
- Blue Diamond Executive – 5 shares
- Black Diamond Executive – 7 shares
- Crown Diamond Executive – 9 shares
- Crown Ambassador – 11 shares
Joining Uno Premier
Affiliate membership with Uno Premier is tied into the purchase of one of the following three packages:
- Platinum – $309
- Premier – $925
- Premier Elite – $1741
- Global Premier – $3404
For a company that’s been around a number of years and claims to have made “over 800 Philippine millionaires”, the company’s compensation plan reads as a joke.
Far too much is left unexplained, with crucial term explanations, rank qualification criteria and clarification on how some commissions are paid out completely absent.
From the information that is provided though, it is clear that Uno Premier revolves around the recruitment of new affiliates and their purchase of one of the offered packages.
Affiliates are free to resell products included in the packages, as they would with anything they purchase, however this is not retail within the context of an MLM business opportunity. True retail in Uno Premier appears to be completely absent.
Instead affiliates sign up with the purchase of a package and then set about recruiting others who do the same. Some ranks have monthly minimum spend requirements, which Uno Premier presumably offer unadvertised product bundle packages to meet.
Either that or affiliates have access to a catalog they can order from or some such.
There’s also a strong “pay to play” element to the scheme, with Uno Premier themselves advertising
The Bigger Package You Buy, The Greater Return & Incentive You Get!
This is evident in the recruitment commissions offered as well as matching bonus percentages.
Looking at the bigger picture, it appears someone in Uno Premier management has contacts within a health and wellness manufacturing facility.
Contracts have been fleshed out with third-party product suppliers and all Uno Premier have done is slapped on a recruitment-driven MLM compensation plan.
Bing-badda-boom, instant MLM business opportunity.
As with all recruitment-driven schemes, once recruitment dries up so too will the commissions paid out.
This has likely already happened in the Philippines with the original Uno opportunity, hence the need to expand globally.
If the US compensation plan and general presentation of the business is anything to go by though, I don’t see anyone outside of the Philippines taking Uno Premier seriously any time soon.