Lifocity Review: Durt and CBD oil with strong retail focus
Lifocity operates in the CBD and nutritional supplement MLM niches.
The company is based out of Texas and headed up by co-founders Doug and Sheila Braun (CEO and “Chief Experience Officer” respectively).
Prior to founding Lifocity in May 2019, Doug Braun was Usana’s Chief Marketing Officer.
Braun held the position from 2011 to July 2018. I wasn’t able to ascertain why he left.
In between his MLM gigs, Braun has also founded medical services and marketing companies.
Lifocity’s provided corporate address belongs to LaCore Enterprises, owned and run by Terry LaCore.
This suggests LaCore owns or is a part owner of Lifocity. This is not disclosed on Lifocity’s website.
LaCore Enterprises owns a number of MLM companies, however none appear to be in direct competition with Lifocity.
Read on for a full review of Lifocity’s MLM opportunity.
Lifocity’s website doesn’t have a products section. Instead the company touts “brands”.
Brands featured on Lifocity’s website include Lifocity (the MLM opportunity), Durt and Envoi.
Durt appears to be a liquid based supplement that
contains essential nutrition from … the ground we tread on every day.
Durt is available in black (humic and fulvic acid) and gold (fulvic acid).
Durt retails at at $65.95 for black and $69.95 for gold. Both varieties are sold in a thirty-two serving box.
Envoi is a range of “hemp products with CBD”.
Envoi products are loaded with phytocannabinoid compounds that are gaining recognition in the health and wellness world for their support of the body’s endocannabinoid system and positive impact on our health.
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil – “packed full of the beneficial compounds abundant in the hemp plant, including terpenes, cannabinoids and flavonoids”, retails at $69.95 a bottle (500 mg CBD)
- Hemp Softgels with Curcumin – “combine(s) plant-based cannabidiol (CBD) and curcumin”, retails at $65.95 a bottle (25 mg per softgel)
- Instant Relief – “Our soothing cream smells great, is moisturizing to your skin and absorbs quickly without being sticky”, retails at $45.95 for a 60 ml tube (1000 mg CBD)
Lifocity’s Compensation Plan
Lifocity’s compensation plan focuses on retail commissions. These commissions are paid out via a unilevel team and several bonuses.
Lifocity Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within Lifocity’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Affiliate – sign up as a Lifocity affiliate and maintain 50 PV a month
- Level 1 Brand Partner – generate and maintain 50 PV a month and generate 500 PTV and 350 GV a month
- Level 2 Brand Partner – maintain 50 PV a month and generate 500 PTV and 350 GV a month
- Level 3 Brand Partner – maintain 50 PV a month and generate 2500 PTV and 5000 GV a month
- Level 4 Brand Partner – generate and maintain 100 PV a month and generate 5000 PTV and 10,000 GV a month
- Level 5 Brand Partner – maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 7500 PTV and 20,000 GV a month, or sign up with a Business Builder Pack (one year auto rank qualification)
- Level 6 Brand Partner – generate and maintain 200 PV a month and generate 15,000 PTV and 30,000 GV a month
- Level 7 Brand Partner – maintain 200 PV a month and generate and maintain 30,000 PTV and 100,000 GV a month
- Level 8 Brand Partner – maintain 200 PV a month and generate and maintain 50,000 PTV and 250,000 GV a month
- Level 9 Brand Partner – maintain 200 PV a month and generate and maintain 100,000 PTV and 750,000 GV a month
- Level 10 Brand Partner – maintain 200 PV a month and generate and maintain 250,000 PTV and 1,000,000 GV a month
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail customer orders and an affiliate’s own purchases.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated within the first three levels of an affiliate’s unilevel team (excludes affiliate’s own PV).
PTV stands for “Personal Team Volume” and is sales volume generated by personally recruited affiliates only.
Retail commissions are paid on sales volume generated by retail customer orders.
Lifocity pays retail commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Lifocity caps retail commissions at eleven unilevel team levels, based on rank:
- Level 1 Brand Partner – 5% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) and 1% on levels 2 to 8
- Level 2 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 and 2 and 1% on levels 3 to 8
- Level 3 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 3 and 1% on levels 4 to 8
- Level 4 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 4 and 1% on levels 5 to 8
- Level 5 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 5 and 1% on levels 6 and 8
- Level 6 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 1% on levels 7 and 8
- Level 7 Brand Partner – 5% on levels 1 to 7 and 1% on level 8
- Level 8 Brand Partner and higher – 5% on levels 1 to 8
Level 8 Brand Partners and higher can unlock a further 1% paid on levels 9 to 11, by meeting the following qualification criteria:
- enroll ten retail customers who have placed an order (excludes trial packs and samples)
- generate 1500 PTV and 1000 NV a month
NV stands for “New Volume” and is sales orders placed by enrolled retail customers or personally recruited affiliates within their first thirty days.
The Retailer Bonus is paid out as 40% of 50% of generated retail sales volume.
Through the Retailer Bonus, each Lifocity affiliate is able to earn
- 40% of 50% of sales volume generated by personally enrolled retail customers
- 5% on level 1 of the unilevel team, 10% on level 2 and 15% on level 3
Note that Retailer Bonuses generated by non-qualified affiliates roll up to their upline.
Retail Commission Match
Lifocity affiliates earn a percentage match on retail commissions earned across the first three levels of their unilevel team.
- Level 1 Brand Partners earn a 10% match on level 1
- Level 2 Brand Partners earn a 10% match on levels 1 and 2
- Level 3 Brand Partners and higher earn a 10% match on levels 1 to 3
5G Champion Bonus
The 5G Champion Bonus is a retail bonus based on unilevel team generations.
Lifocity defines generations across the unilevel team when a Level 6 Brand Partner or higher is found in the leg.
This first ranked affiliate caps off the first generation for the leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If another Level 6 Brand Partner or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper within the leg, they cap off the second generation.
The third generation begins after them, and so on and so forth for up to five generations per unilevel team leg.
The 5G Champion Bonus is paid out as a percentage of 50% of generated retail sales volume as follows:
- Level 6 Brand Partners earn a 2% match on the first generation and 1% on generations two to six
- Level 7 Brand Partners earn a 2% match on the first and second generations and 1% on generations three to six
- Level 8 Brand Partners earn a 2% match on the first and second generations, 3% on the third and 1% on the fourth and fifth
- Level 9 Brand Partners earn a 2% match on the first generation, 3% on the second to fourth generations and 1% on the fifth
- Level 10 Brand Partners earn a 2% match on the first generation, 3% on the second, 4% on the third, 5% on the fourth and 1% on the fifth
The FastStart Bonus rewards affiliates for acquiring two customers and generating sales volume.
The FastStart Bonus is split into two components, FastStart14 and FastStart30, which are triggered by the FastStart Challenge.
The FastStart Challenge is triggered on
- generation of a retail customer sale;
- recruitment a new Lifocity affiliate; or
- ten days after signing up as a Lifocity affiliate.
FastStart14 qualification must be met within 14 days of the FastStart Challenge triggering.
To qualify for FastStart14, a Lifocity affiliate must
- have generated 100 PV over the past month;
- generate 800 PTV and 1000 GV; and
- enroll two retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples)
Upon meeting the above qualification criteria the FastStart14 Bonus rewarded is
- $250 cash
- 100 Life Bucks
- increased enroller bonus commission rates
FastStart30 qualification must be met within 30 of the FastStart Challenge triggering.
To qualify for FastStart30, a Lifocity affiliate must
- have generated 100 PV over the past month;
- generate 1600 PTV and 2000 GV; and
- enroll four retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples)
Upon meeting the above qualification criteria, the FastStart30 Bonus rewarded is
- qualification for the FastStart30 Pool (1 share)
- 100 Life Bucks
If a Lifocity affiliate generates five personally recruited affiliates who qualify for FastStart30, within 120 days of signing up as an affiliate, they receive an additional $1000 bonus.
Note that Life Bucks are not explained anywhere on Lifocity’s website or in their compensation material.
Lifocity takes 0.5% of company-wide sales volume and places it into the FastStart30 Pool.
To qualify for the FastStart30 Pool a Lifocity affiliate must have also qualified for the FastStart30 Bonus (see above).
Additional FastStart30 Pool qualification requirements are as follows:
- generate 100 PV, 800 NV and and 800 PTV
- enroll ten retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples)
Upon meeting the above qualification criteria, shares in the FastStart30 Pool are earned as follows:
- generate 800 NV in a month = one share
- generate 1200 NV in a month = three shares
- generate 3000 NV in a month = five shares
FastStart30 Pool share qualification resets each month.
The Enroller Bonus is a recruitment bonus, paid on sales volume generated within a newly recruited affiliate’s first thirty days.
There are three tiers of Enroller Bonus qualification:
- Standard – available to MLM commission qualified affiliates
- Fast Start – have qualified for FastStart14 or FastStart30 and maintain 100 PV a month, or enroll ten retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples)
- Power Enroller – enroll ten retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples) and have generated 1500 PTV
Depending on the achieved qualification tier, the Enroller Bonus pays out weekly as follows:
- Standard – 20% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates), 5% on level 2 and 10% on level 3
- Fast Start – 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 20% on level 3 and 5% on level 4
- Power Enroller – 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 20% on level 3, 5% on level 4 and 2% on levels 5 to 8
Note that the level 1 Enroller Bonus can be increased to 40% for thirty days by signing up with a Business Builder Pack.
Brand Champion Pool
Lifocity takes 4% of company-wide sales volume and places it into four separate Brand Champion Pools (1% each pool).
Each Brand Champion Pool corresponds with Level 7 to Level 10 Brand Partner ranks.
- Level 7 Brand Partners receive a share in the Level 7 Brand Partner pool
- Level 8 Brand Partners receive a share in the Level 7 and 8 Brand Partner Pools
- Level 9 Brand Partners receive a share in the Level 7 to 9 Brand Partner Pools
- Level 10 Brand Partners receive a share in all four available Brand Partner Pools
Note that in addition to rank qualification, the following criteria also applies:
- must have an active autoship order
- enroll five retail customers who have placed a product order (excludes trial packs and samples)
- generate 100 PV, 800 NV and 800 GV each month
Finally, Lifocity affiliates who also qualified for FastStart30 receive an additional share in each Brand Champion Pool they qualify for.
Lifocity affiliate membership is $30 annually.
Affiliates can opt to sign up with
- a Brand Experience Kit for $313
- a Brand Builder Kit for $589 or
- a Business Builder Kit (cost not disclosed)
The Brand Experience and Builder Kits provide discounted product bundles.
The Business Builder Kit provides this and compensation rank advancement for twelve months.
Note there is also a $10 annual affiliate membership option, however this doesn’t provide access to MLM commissions.
The CBD side of Lifocity’s product offering isn’t anything to write home about.
CBD oil and CBD balm. This is a saturated MLM niche and even outside of MLM these products are available everywhere.
Durt is… well I can see why it was named so. My concern is whether or not it’s marketable.
I’m not sure if Lifocity is trying to be cute or accurate with branding, but the end result misses the mark.
Durt is an all-natural concentrate made from minerals found in ancient rock and soil that can be added daily to water and other beverages for increased health and vitality.
Durt looks like cold gluggy tea. The packaging reminded me of sauce sachets you get in two minute noodles packs.
I know there’s a nutritional angle but honestly unless it tastes amazing, I couldn’t long-term stomach what literally looks like liquid dirt.
This presents a marketing challenge, as outside of Durt Lifocity is “just another CBD MLM company”.
Not really sure how Lifocity could address this, short of a total product rebranding.
Lifocity’s compensation plan is the most retail focused example I’ve come across in some time.
I can’t emphasize that enough, the retail commissions and bonuses Lifocity pays out are really fleshed out.
Instead of your typical “here’s a retail commission” routine, Lifocity offers retail commissions, residual commissions, a bonus math and generations.
Furthermore retail commission volume (both new and residual), are practically baked into every commission and bonus qualification.
Where it’s counted, downline volume is capped at three unilevel team levels. This keeps teams tight and means a Lifocity affiliate can’t just build massive teams to override required qualifications.
Retail customers can also qualify for free autoship by referring two additional retail customers on autoship.
The Brand Champion Pool does require a Lifocity affiliate to have a standing autoship order, but that’s balanced out with retail customer and volume requirements.
Context is everything and where Lifocity’s compensation plan does dive into grey territory, they do a good job of making sure retail isn’t forgotten.
One red flag I can’t ignore is the Business Builder Pack. Both because it’s blatant pay to play and costs are not disclosed.
And not only that, Lifocity go out of their way to hide the Business Builder Pack cost.
It’s not mentioned anywhere. If you try to sign up as a Lifocity affiliate you’ll get the first two pack options but Business Builder Pack isn’t there.
Obviously it’ll cost more than the $589 Brand Builder Kit. I’m not understanding why it’s a state secret.
Something else Lifocity fails to disclose is what exactly Life Bucks are. They’re mentioned in the compensation plan but not anywhere on Lifocity’s website.
They sound like product credit but I can’t say for sure. Like the mystery Business Builder Kit cost, not disclosing what Life Bucks are is strange.
In summary Lifocity has a flagship product I’m not really sold on, the usual CBD offering and a heavily retail focused compensation plan.
Definitely try Durt before committing and approach it from the perspective of a retail customer. That is, “can I see myself paying for and taking Durt long-term without the attached income opportunity?”