Kairos Technologies Review: Cloud-services & Ponzi ROIs
Aside from claiming to be based in the UK, there is no information on the Kairos Technologies website indicating who owns or runs the business.
A Google search of the provided UK address reveals multiple businesses operating out of the same address, suggesting that it is a rented mailing address.
A “US Representative Office” address is also provided on the Kairos Technologies website, however this address belongs to iCorporate.
On their website iCorporate advertise corporate registration services both in the US and offshore.
For all intents and purposes, Kairos Technologies would appear to exist in the UK and US in name only.
The Kairos Technologies website domain (“kairosplanet.com”) was registered on the 18th of June 2014, however the domain registration is set to private.
Further research reveals a Kairos Technologies marketing video, identifying Janni Cavassini as the CEO of the company.
Why Cavassini’s name does not appear anywhere on the Kairos Technologies website is unclear.
On his LinkedIn profile, Cavassini credits himself as “Head of investments at Kairos Technologies”. Cavassini also lists his location as Dubai in the UAE, which is likely where Kairos Technologies is infact being operated from.
Possibly due to language barriers, I was unable to trace any MLM history of Cavassini’s prior to Kairos Technologies.
Read on for a full review of the Kairos Technologies MLM business opportunity.
The Kairos Technologies Product Line
Kairos Technologies has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market Kairos Technologies affiliate membership itself.
Bundled with Kairos affiliate membership is access to:
- Kairos Mail – “secure email service”
- Kairos Surf – “secure internet access”
- Kairos Disk – “secure cloud storage of data” and
- Kairos Phone – “secure VOIP services”
What services Kairos Technologies affiliates get access to depends on how much they invest:
- Standard ($125) – access to Kairos Mail
- Silver ($597) – access to Kairos Mail and Kairos Disk
- Gold ($1577) – access to Kairos Mail, Kairos Disk and Kairos Surf
- Platinum ($2777) – access to Kairos Mail, Kairos Disk, Kairos Surf and Kairos Phone
The Kairos Technologies Compensation Plan
The Kairos Technologies compensation plan is not provided on the company website. As such, the following analysis has been put together from various Kairos Technologies affiliate presentations.
In exchange for giving Kairos Technologies access to storage on an affiliate’s computer, Kairos Technologies advertises the following ROIs on investments made with the company:
- Standard ($125) – $312.50 annual ROI
- Silver ($597) – $1492.50 annual ROI
- Gold ($1577) – $3942.50 annual ROI
- Platinum ($2777) – $6942.50 annual ROI
Referral commissions are available on the above invested amounts, paid out through a unilevel compensation strucure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates go on to recruit new affiliates of their own, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
How much of a referral commission is paid out is determined by a Kairos Technologies affiliate’s rank, as well as the unilevel level a new investment was made:
- Assistant (invest funds with Kairos Technologies) – 15% referral commission on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) and 3% on level 3 onwards
- Manager (recruit at least three affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 5% on level 3 onwards
- Senior Manager (qualification unknown) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 7% on level 3 onwards
- Master (qualification unknown) – 15% on level 1 and 10% on level 2 onwards
- Executive (personally recruit and maintain at least six Master ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 15% on level 3 onwards
- Founder Executive (personally recruit and maintain at least three Master and three Executive ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 17% on level 3 onwards
- Consul (personally recruit and maintain at least six Executive ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 20% on level 3 onwards
- Founder Consul (personally recruit and maintain at least three Executive and three Consul ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 22% on level 3 onwards
- Ambassador (personally recruit and maintain at least six Consul ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 25% on level 3 onwards
- Founder Ambassador (personally recruit and maintain at least three Consul and three Ambassador ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 27% on level 3 onwards
- Chief Ambassador (personally recruit and maintain at least six Ambassador ranked affiliates) – 15% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 30% on level 3 onwards
Note that “level 3 onwards” extends down an infinite depth, for as many levels of each individual unilevel leg exist.
The Matching Bonus pays Executive or higher ranked affiliates a 1% percentage match of earnings paid to recruited affiliates.
The bonus is paid out down five levels of recruitment (using the same unilevel structure as referral commissions above).
Leader Supporting Bonus
The Leader Supporting Bonus is a 1-2% matching bonus paid out on Executive or higher ranked affiliates, found within the first five unilevel levels (of any given leg).
The Generation Bonus is open to Consul or higher ranked affiliates, and pays a 1% bonus on earnings of an affiliate’s two strongest unilevel legs.
Note that the Generation Bonus is capped at no more than 70% of a Kairos Technologies affiliate’s total earnings.
World Bonus Pool
The World Bonus Pool rewards Kairos Technologies top recruiters.
Each quarter, the company splits 1% of the global investment turnover with Kairos Technologies “most successful partners” (investment volume).
Joining Kairos Technologies
Affiliate membership with Kairos Technologies is tied to how much an affiliate invests when they join:
- Stanard – $125
- Silver -$597
- Gold – $1577
- Platinum – $2777
The primary difference between these investment levels are bundled Kairos Technologies service and income potential through the compensation plan (see above).
The red flags with Kairos Technologies begin with a lack of management disclosure on the company’s website. It then continues on with a complete lack of information about the Kairos Technologies compensation plan provided.
These are two of the biggest initial red flags an MLM opportunity can trigger, so straight off the bat we’re approaching with caution.
The next obvious red flag is the “passive income” Kairos Technologies offer.
Kairos Technologies affiliates invest up to nearly $3000 on the promise of annual 250% ROIs.
With no discernible external source of revenue, that leaves newly invested funds being used to pay off existing Kairos Technologies investors:
CEO Janni Cavassini’s title of “Head of Investments” pretty much sums things up…
By using newly invested funds to pay off existing investors, Kairos Technologies functions as a Ponzi scheme.
The bundled services are neither here nor there, serving only to act as a paper-thin veil to legitimize what is otherwise investment fraud.
I will state that in this particular instance, the “renting” of disk space to Kairos Technologies is alarming.
As part of their Ponzi scheme, Kairos Technologies request affiliates grant them access to up to 320 GB of local storage space for up to 10 hours a day.
Affiliates have no idea what Kairos Technologies do with this space, nor the nature of any data Kairos Technologies’ servers upload to it.
For a company that purportedly deals with “secure” cloud-service offerings, the irony here is hilarious.
In any event, as with all Ponzi schemes a lack of new affiliate recruitment will see Kairos Technologies unable to meet it’s annual ROI obligations.
At that point the scheme collapses, with Janni Cavassini doing a runner with whatever funds remain.
What’s worse is being an annual ROI Ponzi scheme, investors are unlikely to see a collapse coming. ROIs are paid out daily but those are just numbers on a screen until actual withdrawal requests go through and are paid.
Kairos Technologies obviously can’t pay out more than is invested, so the combination of 250% annual ROIs, referral commissions and various bonuses stretches invested funds pretty thin.
For an glimpse of what Kairos Technologies affiliates can expect, we need only turn to a recent similar opportunity.
WCM777 launched in 2013 and also sought to combine cloud-based services with a Ponzi scheme business model.