IAM Worldwide Review: Barley grass & illegal medical claims
IAM Worldwide operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
The company is based out of the Philippines and was launched in or around 2016.
Heading up IAM Worldwide are co-founders Aika Lorraine Uy (Vice-President) and Allen Marvin Eder (President).
In 2008 Allen Eder co-founded The Filipino Dream (TFD).
TFD was some kind of franchise MLM mashup:
The company collapsed in 2015.
IAM Worldwide co-founder Aika Uy was a TFD affiliate:
Note that while IAM Worldwide operates and is primarily marketing in the Philippines, the company does have a limited global presence:
Read on for a full review of IAM Worldwide’s MLM opportunity.
IAM Worldwide’s Products
IAM Worldwide’s website showcases a range of nutritional supplements:
- Amazing Pure Organic Barley Powdered Drink – “helps in the treatment and prevention of cancer (and) has anti-diabetic content”, retails at ₱1000 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Amazing Pure Organic Barley Capsule – “help boost energy and strengthen the immune system”, retails at ₱1750 for a box of 100 capsules
- Amazing Choco Barley Powdered Drink – “helps boost energy and strengthens the immune system”, retails at ₱1000 for a box of ten sachets
- Amazing Coffee Mix with Glutathione – “helps reduce oxidative stress by raising the antioxidant level of the body”, retails at ₱750 for a box of fifteen single-serve sachets
- Amazing Coffee Mix with Tongkat-Ali – “helps shield the body from damaging effects of “modern” chronic stress”, retails at ₱750 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Amazing Cafe Latte with Barley and Alkaline – “helps in the treatment and prevention of cancer”, retails at ₱750 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Amazing Cafe Mocha – “helps in the treatment and prevention of cancer”, retails at ₱750 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Amazing Grape Juice with Garcinia Cambogia – “helps reduce your appetite and belly fat by blocking fat production”, retails at ₱900 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Acai Berry Extract – “created specially to protect the body from the damaging effects of free radicals, enhance one’s memory while promoting skin elasticity”, retails at ₱1400 for a box of ten single-serve sachets
- Immunergy Food Supplement – “boost your immunity and energy”, retails at ₱500
IAM Worldwide also have a small range of personal care products:
- Awesome Organic Instant White Face Cream – “provides instant whitening on first use and it evens out skin tone with continuous usage”, retails at ₱2500 for a 30 g bottle
- Awesome Organic Instant White Body Cream – same as face cream above but for the body, retails at ₱1750 for an undisclosed tube size
- Awesome Organic Premium Soap – “anti-aging soap that helps moisturize and whiten skin”, retails at ₱750 per bar
- Impact Activated Charcoal Soap – “knockout germs and bacteria while being gentle on your skin”, retails at ₱350 per bar
- Impact Eau de Parfum – “gives you the smell of success”, retails at ₱1000 for a 50 ml bottle
And this completely ridiculous “Scalar Energy Pendant” nonsense for ₱6000:
This AMAZING Elite Scalar Energy Pendant helps the body’s bio field to increase its power and helps the cells to become more active and effective.
It maximizes the body’s capacity to heal itself and promotes good sleep.
The scalar energy pendant is the best complement when taking medicines, digesting food and during exercise.
It naturally blocks negative energy such as stress.
Normally I save product criticism for the conclusion but I’ll make an exception here:
IAM Worldwide’s scalar energy pendant doesn’t do any of the stated benefits above. The company provides no evidence to prove its claims.
IAM Worldwide’s Compensation Plan
IAM Worldwide’s compensation plan is heavily geared towards recruitment.
Affiliates earn commissions on direct recruitment. Ongoing mandatory volume quotas are intended to drive residual commissions.
Indirect recruitment also generates commissionable sales volume.
Note that due to IAM Worldwide failing to provide compensation details on their website, I’ve had to piece together the plan from multiple sources.
Figures quotes in Philippine pesos are accurate as at the time of publication.
USD quoted amounts should be taken as an approximation as they are likely out of date.
IAM Worldwide pays retail commissions on products ordered by retail customers.
Retail commissions are calculated as the difference between the wholesale and retail price of products ordered.
IAM Worldwide affiliates earn a commission on recruitment of affiliates.
- recruit a Silver affiliate and earn ₱1500
- recruit a Gold affiliate and earn ₱3500
- recruit a Platinum affiliate and earn ₱9000
- recruit a Jade affiliate and earn ₱20,000
Residual Recruitment Commissions
IAM Worldwide pays residual recruitment commissions via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
Residual commissions are paid when pairs of affiliates are found on across both sides of the binary team.
A pair is defined when two affiliates recruited at the same membership tier are matched. This matching pairs same-tier affiliate on one side of the binary team with a same-tier affiliate on the other side.
- pairing of Silver tier affiliates = $20
- pairing of Gold tier affiliates = ₱3000 $60
- pairing of Platinum tier affiliates = $160
- pairing of Jade tier affiliates = $200
Note that paired affiliates can be directly or indirectly recruited.
Also note that affiliates recruited into the binary team can only be paired once.
Check Match Bonus
IAM Worldwide affiliates earn a Check Match Bonus on residual recruitment commissions earned by personally recruited affiliates.
- Silver package affiliates earn a 5% Check Match Bonus
- Gold package affiliates earn an 8% Check Match Bonus
- Platinum and Jade package affiliates earn a 10% Check Match Bonus
The Infinity Bonus is paid out based on a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
The Infinity Bonus starts from the third leg of the unilevel team, i.e. from the third personally recruited affiliate.
Commissions are paid per affiliate recruited under the third affiliate, and every subsequent unilevel team leg.
- recruitment of a Silver affiliate = ₱500
- recruitment of a Gold affiliate = ₱1000
- recruitment of a Platinum affiliate = ₱2000
- recruitment of a Jade affiliate = ₱3000
There doesn’t appear to be any limit to how deep the Infinity Bonus is paid, hence its name.
Downline Purchase Commissions
To qualify for commissions, each IAM Worldwide affiliate is required to purchase or sell ₱1500 worth of product each month.
A Downline Purchase Commission is paid on this monthly sales volume.
Downline Purchase Commissions are paid out via the same unilevel compensation structure as the Infinity Bonus (see “Infinity Bonus” above).
Downline Purchase Commissions pay 1% on sales volume generated via purchases by affiliates in the unilevel team.
Note Downline Purchase Commissions are capped at ten unilevel team levels.
Downline Purchase Commissions are capped at ten unilevel team levels. at ten levels.
Give Me 5 Bonus
Silver package tier IAM Worldwide affiliates earn ₱15,000 per five Silver package tier affiliates they personally recruit.
There is no limit to the number five Silver package groups an IAM Worldwide affiliate can earn on.
Just 4 You Bonus
The Just 4 You Bonus is a recruitment bonus tied to the personal recruitment of four same-package tier affiliates.
- Gold package affiliates receive an ₱40,000 Just 4 You Bonus
- Platinum package affiliates receive a $2000 Just 4 You Bonus
- Jade package affiliates receive a ₱200,000 Just 4 You Bonus
There is no limit to the number of four Gold, Platinum or Jade package groupings an IAM Worldwide affiliate can earn on.
Car Bonuses and Travel Incentives
IAM Worldwide provides travel incentives and two car bonuses.
Specific details aren’t available but I can confirm qualification is tied to an affiliate’s own spend, that of their downline and set recruitment criteria.
Joining IAM Worldwide
IAM Worldwide affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of a package:
- Silver – ₱16,800
- Gold – ₱44,800
- Platinum ₱112,000
- Jade – ₱198,800
Each package comes bundled with a customizable selection of IAM Worldwide affiliate products.
IAM Worldwide Conclusion
IAM Worldwide is your typical product-based pyramid scheme.
Retail is possible but more of a marketing tool when trying to recruit people.
An “if you really wanted to you could sell this stuff” marketing angle if you will.
Outside of single-level commissions tied to reselling purchased product, that’s it for retail. The rest of IAM Worldwide’s compensation plan pays on recruitment.
And naturally all the hallmarks of an MLM pyramid scheme are present.
You have pay-to-play (aka spend more to earn more):
And defacto mandatory monthly purchases:
When recruitment is the primary driver of product sales, the products don’t matter.
That’s not the case here. Not because IAM Worldwide’s products are retail viable, but because of the outrageous medical claims the company and its affiliates make.
Seriously, you’ve got “our products treat cancer” claims right on IAM Worldwide’s website.
There is not a single study available showing IAM Worldwide’s products have any medical benefits whatsoever.
Instead it’s the all too familiar “ingredient X does this, therefore our processed product containing X does that too!” formula:
Barley helps cure and prevent allergies. It also aids the body to fight off colds and flu.
Whenever I see medical claims made by MLM companies these days I check for the obligatory COVID-19 marketing.
And this is all just what’s out in the open. Who knows what claims are being made behind closed doors.
IAM Worldwide affiliates publicly market the company’s products as being “FDA approved”.
I have no idea why the Philippine FDA hasn’t taken action yet. It’s seemingly long overdue.
With a pyramid scheme business model and products marketed on complete malarkey, IAM Worldwide is about as dishonest as an MLM business opportunity as you can get.