Global Platinum Services Review: Travel subscriptions & recruitment
There is no information on the Global Platinum Services website indicating who owns or runs the business.
The corporations MB Holidays LTD (UK) and PC Platinum Travel Inc. (US) appear in the Global Platinum Services website footer.
MB Holidays is actually “Xstream MB Holidays”. Jeremy Monte is listed as the sole Director of the company.
PC Platinum Travel is a registered corporation in Nevada, however I was unable to find any information as to its corporate structure.
Jeremy Monte (right), Xstream MB Holidays and PC Platinum Travel were all named defendants in a lawsuit recently filed by Paycation.
Paycation owner David Manning claims Monte and his companies have been raiding Paycation to build Global Platinum Services.
Monte himself is a former Paycation affiliate. On his LinkedIn profile he cites himself as CEO of Montbriar Inc. (I believe MB Holidays is an abbreviation for Montbriar Holidays).
Why Monte doesn’t list himself as an owner of Global Platinum Services on the company website is unclear.
Paycation had requested a Temporary Restraining Order against Global Platinum Services, however that doesn’t appear to have been granted.
Pending access to the case files, the current status of the Paycation lawsuit is unknown.
Read on for a full review of the Global Platinum Services MLM opportunity.
The Global Platinum Services Product Line
Global Platinum Services markets subscriptions to a travel booking engine provided by International Vacations.
We are powered by International Vacations – a 37-year-old IATAN, ARC and CLIA certified host agency specializing in wholesale travel.
Retail monthly subscriptions to the International Vacations travel booking engine are available as follows:
- GPS Travel Club – $29.95 and then $24.95 a month
- GPS My Deals App – $24.95 and then $19.95 a month
At the time of publication the app subscription was marked “coming soon” on the Global Platinum Services website.
The Global Platinum Services Compensation Plan
The Global Platinum Services compensation plan is a combination of travel and affiliate recruitment commissions.
Global Platinum Services Affiliate Ranks
There are fourteen affiliate ranks within the Global Platinum Services compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Agent – sign up as a Global Platinum Services affiliate
- Platinum Agent – recruit and maintain at least one Global Platinum Services affiliate
- Silver – recruit and maintain at least three Global Platinum Services affiliates
- Gold – recruit and maintain at least six Global Platinum Services affiliates
- Ruby – recruit and maintain at least nine Global Platinum Services affiliates
- Emerald – recruit and maintain at least fifteen Global Platinum Services affiliates (three of which must be Ruby ranked or higher)
- 1-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- 2-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- 3-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- 4-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- 5-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- 6-Star Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- Crown Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
- Royal Ambassador – no qualification criteria provided
Global Platinum Services affiliates earn 70% of any commissions generated via travel booked through their replicated booking engine.
Global Platinum Services affiliates are paid a direct recruitment commission when they recruit new affiliates.
- recruit a GPS Agent and earn $70
- recruit a GPS Plus Agent and earn $80
Note that only GPS Plus Agents can earn the $80 GPS Plus Agent recruitment commissions.
A residual $10 commission is available on affiliate recruitment, paid out down two levels of recruitment (levels 2 and 3 of a unilevel team).
Residual commissions in Global Platinum Services are paid out via a 3×9 matrix.
A 3×9 matrix places an affiliate at the top of a matrix, with three positions directly under them:
These three positions form the first level of the matrix. The second level of the matrix is generated by splitting each the three first level positions into another three positions each (9 positions).
Subsequent levels of the matrix are generated in the same manner (up to 9 levels), with each new matrix level housing three times as many positions as the previous level.
A complete 3×9 matrix houses 29,523 positions.
Commissions are paid out as positions in the matrix are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of new Global Platinum Services affiliates.
Recruited affiliates pay a monthly fee, which Global Platinum Services use to pay residual commissions out as follows:
- GPS Agents earn $5 per position filled on levels 1 to 7 of their matrix and $6 on levels 8 and 9
- GPS Plus Agents earn $5 per position filled on levels 1 to 3 of their matrix, $6 on levels 4 and 5, $7 on levels 6 and 7 and $6 on levels 8 and 9
How many matrix levels a Global Platinum Services affiliate can earn on is tied to how many affiliate’s they’ve personally recruited:
- Platinum Agent ranked affiliates earn on levels 1 to 4 of the matrix
- Silver ranked affiliates earn on levels 1 to 5 of the matrix
- Gold ranked affiliates earn on levels 1 to 6 of the matrix
- Ruby and higher ranked affiliates earn on levels 1 to 9 of the matrix
An 8% matching bonus on matrix commissions is payable to Global Platinum Services affiliates who qualify at the Gold or higher ranks.
Open-Line Team Bonus
The Open-Line Team Bonus rewards Ruby and higher ranked affiliates every time an affiliate is recruited into their downline.
- Ruby ranked affiliates earn $5 per affiliate recruited
- Emerald ranked affiliates earn $10 per affiliate recruited
- 1-Star Ambassador ranked affiliates earn $17.50 per affiliate recruited
- 2-Star Ambassador ranked affiliates earn $27.50 per affiliate recruited
- 3-Star Ambassador ranked affiliates earn $37.50 per affiliate recruited
- 4-Star Ambassador ranked affiliates earn $47.50 per affiliate recruited
- 5-Star Ambassador ranked affiliates earn $50 per affiliate recruited
Fast Start Bonus
The Fast Start Bonus is paid to Global Platinum Services affiliates who qualify at the Silver to Emerald ranks within thirty days of joining the company.
- Silver – $100
- Gold – $250
- Ruby – $500
- Emerald – $750
The Ambassador Level bonus pays Global Platinum Services affiliates who qualify at the 1-Star Ambassador and higher ranks.
- 1-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 250 affiliates) – $1000
- 2-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 425 affiliates) – $2000
- 3-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 1100 affiliates) – $5000
- 4-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 3000 affiliates) – $10,000
- 5-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 8000 affiliates) – $16,000
- 6-Star Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 16,000 affiliates) – $30,000
- Crown Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 32,000 affiliates) – $50,000
- Royal Ambassador (must have a downline of at least 60,000 affiliates) – $100,000
A $600 a month Mercedes C-Class Car Bonus is payable to Global Platinum Services affiliates who meet the following qualification criteria:
- must be at the Emerald or higher rank and
- have at least 100 active personally recruited affiliates and/or retail subscribers (no more than 35% counted from any one unilevel leg)
A $2000 Mercedes S-Class monthly Car Bonus is payable to affiliates who meet the following qualification criteria:
- must be at the 3-Star Ambassador or higher rank and
- have at least 325 active personally recruited affiliates and/or retail subscribers (no more than 35% counted from any one unilevel leg)
Joining Global Platinum Services
Global Platinum Services affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of one of two affiliate packages:
- GPS Agent – $149.95 and then $69.95 a month
- GPS Plus Agent – $199.95 and then $89.95 a month
The primary difference between the two packages is income potential through the Global Platinum Services compensation plan.
The core of both Paycation and Global Platinum Services focuses on affiliate recruitment over retail travel service sales.
Given Jeremy Monte’s history as a Paycation affiliate however, this is hardly surprising.
One particular aspect of Global Platinum Services that made no sense to me were the retail subscriptions.
Affiliates are paid when travel is booked through their own engines, which retail customers looking to book travel are directed to.
So why do retail customers need to pay a monthly fee for their own booking engine?
Dollar for dollar, Global Platinum Services affiliates are going to have to sell a boat load of travel to get anywhere near the thousands of dollars tied to affiliate recruitment in the compensation plan.
This creates a problem, as paying recruitment commissions in MLM equates to operation of a pyramid scheme.
Even with a healthy balance of travel related commissions, Global Platinum Services paying direct and residual commissions on affiliate recruitment would still render it a pyramid scheme.
This is pretty much the norm for the MLM travel niche, with travel itself merely a conduit for affiliate recruitment.
Recruitment is where the big money is at, and that’s certainly the case looking at Global Platinum Services’ compensation plan.
Throw in the looming outcome of the Paycation lawsuit, and this is definitely a company you’re going to want to approach with caution.
Typically when affiliate recruitment dies down most affiliates in MLM travel niche companies find themselves taking a loss. This is due to the unlikely recovery of monthly fees via recruitment (most affiliates can’t recruit enough to turn a profit).
Once the initial prelaunch hype recruitment dies down (which lets face it, is mostly Paycation affiliates who’ve lost money signing up “on the ground floor” of a similar opportunity), Global Platinum Services won’t be any different.