Foxx Legacy Review: Pet & people supplements with a lack of info
Beyond a corporate address in the US state of Wisconsin, there is no information on the Foxx Legacy website indicating who owns or runs the business.
A business presentation hosted on the Foxx Legacy website but otherwise not publicly accessible without a Google search, claims that Foxx Legacy
is an American Legacy, over 111 Years in the making.
The story began in 1901 with four young brothers and their dream!
A dream so powerful that it continues to positively impact the lives of pets and people through science, entrepreneurship & building stronger communities.
In a nutshell the presentation claims four brothers established a ginseng farm in Wisconsin in the early 1900s.
To keep the company in the forefront of the industry and protect the lives of their precious foxes, the brothers opened Fromm Laboratories in 1936.
Fromm Laboratories invested millions of dollars to develop & refine biomedical technologies that propelled the brothers into the international spotlight.
Among these breakthroughs are the Distemper and Encephalitis vaccine as well as the solution for Heartworms which have saved the lives of cats & dogs all over the world.
A more detailed history of the company is available on Fromm Family website.
Foxx Legacy’s business presentation names Stan Pophal and Derrick Busman as partners.
Blaine Williams, Michael Burnett, Rodger Hill and Jon King are named co-founders.
The explicit nature of the relationship between the Fromm Family business and Foxx Legacy is not disclosed.
Stan Pophal’s LinedIn profile credits him as CEO of Fromm Brothers Incorporated. Affiliate marketing also credits him as the owner of Foxx Legacy.
As far as I can tell, Foxx Legacy is Stan Pophal’s first MLM venture.
Blaine Williams stood out to me from the co-founders. In 2012 Williams was CEO of the World Consumer Alliance Ponzi scheme, itself a reboot of the Wealth Creation Alliance Ponzi scheme launched earlier that year.
Read on for a full review of the Foxx Legacy MLM opportunity.
The Foxx Legacy Product Line
Foxx Legacy market a range of products for pets and people.
- UltraMito Allergy – “an all-natural supplement created to help our pets quickly escape the detrimental effects of acute and chronic allergies and allergen sensitivities”
- UltraMito Mobility – “an all-natural supplement created to help our pets quickly regain their vitality and mobility”
- UltraMito Recovery – “an all-natural supplement created to help our pets quickly recover from surgery or acute health challenges”
- UltraMito Life – “an all-natural supplement created to help our pets maintain optimal health and prevent the decline of aging”
All Foxx Legacy pet products retail at $59.95 for a 2oz bottle (60 ml).
- Elevate Mind – ” tuned to address the specific needs for cognitive fitness and mental function”
- Elevate Performance – “tuned to address overall energy, motor functions and endurance”
Both Foxx Legacy people products retail at $49.95 for a bottle of 30 capsules.
The Foxx Legacy Compensation Plan
The Foxx Legacy compensation plan is a combination of retail and purchases by recruited affiliates.
Commissions are paid out directly on retail sales, as well as residually through a unilevel compensation structure and generations.
Foxx Legacy Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within the Foxx Legacy compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Ambassador – acquire and maintain a retail customer or recruit at least one affiliate who acquires at least one retail customer
- Senior Ambassador – recruit/acquire at least four affiliates or retail customers
- Silver Manager – recruit/acquire at least six affiliates or retail customers
- Silver Manager 2 Star – maintain Silver Manager rank with at least one personally recruited Silver affiliate and a total downline retail customer count of at least 30 (no more than 9 from any one unilevel leg)
- Silver Manager 3 Star – recruit/acquire at least eleven affiliates or retail customers, personally recruit at least three Silver Manager 1 Star affiliates and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 150 (no more than 45 from any one unilevel leg)
- Gold Manager – maintain at least eleven recruited affiliates or retail customers, have at least two Star Manager 2 Star or higher ranked affiliates in three separate unilevel legs and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 250 (no more than 75 from any one unilevel leg)
- Gold Manager 2 Star – maintain Gold Manager rank qualification and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 500 (no more than 150 from any one unilevel leg)
- Gold Manager 3 Star – recruit/acquire at least sixteen affiliates or retail customers, have at least two Silver Manager 2 Star affiliates in five separate unilevel legs and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 1000 (no more than 300 from any one unilevel leg)
- Platinum Manager – recruit/acquire at least twenty-one affiliates or retail customers, have at least two Star Manager 2 Star affiliates in ten separate unilevel legs and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 2500 (no more than 2250 from any one unilevel leg)
- Platinum Manager 2 Star – maintain Platinum Manager qualification and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 5000 (no more than 1500 from any one leg)
- Platinum Manager 3 Star – maintain Platinum Manager qualification and have a total downline retail customer count of at least 7500 (no more than 2250 from any one leg)
Foxx Legacy affiliates earn a $5 commission for each product sold to a retail customer.
Residual commissions in Foxx Legacy are paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Foxx Legacy cap payable unilevel levels at five. The Foxx Legacy compensation plan however does not disclose percentage payouts on each level.
A unilevel example provided suggests Foxx Legacy affiliates are paid $1 per product ordered on levels 1 and 2 and $2 per product ordered on levels 3 to 5.
The Generation Bonus allows a Foxx Legacy affiliate to earn commissions beyond five unilevel levels.
A generation within a Foxx Legacy unilevel team is defined when a Silver Manager or higher ranked affiliate is found within a unilevel leg.
This Silver Manager or higher ranked affiliate caps off the first generation and begins the second generation.
If no other Silver Manager or higher ranked affiliates are found in the unilevel leg, the second generation extends down the entire length of the leg.
- Silver Manager ranked affiliates earn $1 per product ordered across one generation
- Silver Manager 2 Star affiliates earn $1 per product ordered across two generations (generations defined by Silver Manager 2 Star affiliates)
- Silver Manager 3 Star affiliates earn $1 per product ordered across three generations (generations defined by Silver Manager 3 Star affiliates)
Gold Manager affiliates earn $1 on a new generation which starts again from the top of the unilevel team.
The Gold Manager generation is capped when another Gold Manager or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg. Foxx Legacy do not disclose the commission rate for the Gold Manager generation.
Gold Manager 2 Stars earn on two Gold Manager generations. Gold Manager 3 Stars earn on three Gold Manager generations.
Platinum Manager affiliates earn on a new generation which starts from the top like the Gold Manager generation.
- Platinum Manager ranked affiliates earn $1 on one Platinum generation but only on three selected legs
- Platinum Manager 2 Star ranked affiliates earn 50 cents on another Platinum generation stacked on the first
- Platinum Manager 3 Star ranked affiliates earn 50 cents on another Platinum generation stacked on top of the Platinum Manager and Platinum Manager 2 Star generations
First Purchase Bonus
When a retail customer or personally recruited affiliate purchases a Foxx Legacy product for the first time, a First Purchase Bonus of either $5 or $10 is paid out.
Note that in order to qualify for the First Purchase Bonus, a Foxx Legacy affiliate must be a Silver Manager or higher with at least ten recruited affiliates or retail customers.
The Foxx Legacy compensation plan mentions a bonus pool.
Other than mentioning “prizes and cash bonuses”, no specific details are provided.
Joining Foxx Legacy
Foxx Legacy do not provide affiliate cost details on their website.
The only signup options presented on the Foxx Legacy website are “referring customer” and “Friend of Foxx”.
Becoming a Referring Customer is also the 1st step in becoming a Foxx Legacy Paid Representative.
There is no fee to signup as a referring customer, but beyond that no further information is provided.
As far as I can tell the corporate side of Foxx Legacy and its ties to the Fromm Brother’s business appears to be legit.
Foxx Legacy as an MLM opportunity though still needs a lot of work.
I don’t know if it’s by design or the result of inexperience, but Foxx Legacy to a pretty poor job of marketing their opportunity.
Basic information such as how to sign up as an affiliate is absent, and the compensation plan presentation is hopeless.
The above is taken directly from the plan. The image has no accompanying text or explanation.
As someone who is familiar with MLM compensation plans, I believe I’ve understood it in my analysis for this review. That’s only after a lot of reading and re-reading of it though, which could easily be avoided with clearer presentation and flow.
Once you get past the terrible presentation, Foxx Legacy’s compensation plan offers clearly defined retail commissions.
The rest of the compensation plan is open-ended with respect to an affiliate’s personal balance between recruitment and retail sales, however ranks do require downline retail customer quotas.
As a company, this is a great move to ensure genuine retail activity takes place.
One caveat I’ll mention though is that the Foxx Legacy compensation plan doesn’t define what constitutes a qualifying customer. One would hope it’s a retail customer who has ordered a product within the past month.
Up to the Silver Manager rank, no retail sales volume is required. If your potential Foxx Legacy upline is a Silver Manager rank or lower, it wouldn’t hurt to find out if they’ve qualified for their rank via retail customer acquisition or affiliate recruitment.
With respect to Foxx Legacy’s offered products, after reading the history of the Fromm Family it very much seems like primary market is pet related products, with a focus on food and supplements.
I’m not too sure how the human supplements factor into that. I didn’t see anything that suggested they’d since branched out.
That’s not to say Foxx Legacy’s people products aren’t viable, just that the impression I got was that the focus is on the animal side of the business.
This might pose difficulties in marketing Foxx Legacy’s products beyond the scope of pet supplements. Certainly the lack of information provided by Foxx Legacy itself does the company no favors.
Approach with caution.