BioReigns Review: Water soluble CBD oil?
Although BioReigns’ website does have an “about” section, rather than disclose corporate information the company uses it to market their products.
As such BioReigns’ website contains no information about who owns or runs the company.
BioReigns’ website domain (“bioreigns.com”) was registered on February 26th, 2018.
Bryan Reed is listed as the owner, through an address in California. A search of this address suggests Reed also works/worked as a real estate agent.
On his personal LinkedIn profile, Reed identifies himself as BioReigns’ Founder and CEO. JoJo Dominic Contino is also credited as a co-founder in various BioReigns marketing material.
Why this information is not disclosed on BioReigns’ website is unclear.
As far as I can tell, neither Reed or Contino have an MLM history.
Although the MLM side of BioReigns only launched last September, Jojo Contino has been selling CBD related products under the brand since at least February 2019.
(Contino) says he started using the products first for pain relief and now he sells them.
“I threw my back out a couple months ago and I was loading it taking, taking it every couple hours instead of taking all the ibuprofens, all the aspirins… I started trying the samples and started passing out the samples and then it was just all over from there,” said Contino.
Read on for a full review of BioReigns’ MLM opportunity.
BioReigns markets a range of CBD products they claim are water soluble.
The challenge with hemp oil is that it’s lipophilic (meaning oil-based). When mixed with water, the oil simply floats on the top.
Since water molecules are packed very tightly, oil molecules cannot incorporate into the water to form a solution. Therefore, the oil floats above the water.
This is a challenge when creating oil-based nutrition because nutrient absorption occurs primarily in the intestine. Our intestinal cells are covered in a fine film of water and we know oil and water don’t mix.
Our Laboratory partner has developed the only true water dissolvable CBD complex.
CBD products featured on BioReigns website include
- CBD Daily – “an all-natural, water-soluble Hemp / CBD / Curcumin complex”, retails at $69.99 for a 30 ml bottle ($89.99 for extra strength and $149.99 for ultra strength)
- CBD Daily Full Spectrum – “an all-natural, water-soluble CBD Complex”, retails at $69.99 for a 30 ml bottle ($89.99 for extra strength)
- Limitless – “energy-inducing, all-natural Limitless capsules, with Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) peptides”, retails at $69.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules ($15.99 for 10 capsules)
- CBD Lean – “maximize your body’s natural ability to burn calories”, retails at $89.99 for a 30 ml bottle
- CBDzzz – “an extremely beneficial all-natural CBD product with 5-HTP, GABA and DSIP”, retails at $69.99 for a 30 ml bottle ($89.99 for extra strength) or $15.99 for a 5 ml travel bottle
- Pet Tincture – “allows pets to take full advantage of the BioReigns water-soluble CBD tinctures”, retails at $49.99 for a 30 ml bottle
- Derm Affect – “a blend of four peptides that may help rejuvenate your skin, making it more radiant, smooth and even”, retails at $69.99 for a 15 ml bottle
- CBD BathBomb – “experience an invigorating and relaxing soak”, retails at $14.99 per bomb
- Gummy Bears – “our deliciously chewy gummies are THC-free, and will keep your sweet tooth satisfied and your body feeling heavenly”, retails at $69.99 for a bottle of 60 gummies, or $15.99 for 10
- Organic Gummy Bears – orgnanic gummy bears variant, retails at $79.99 for a bottle of 60 gummies or $16.99 for 10
- Relief Cream – “experience our mild and soothing, non-greasy cream”, retails at $49.99 for a 3.3 oz (100 ml) bottle
- Relief Lotion – “experience a voyage through a blissful day with this powerful proprietary formula of CBD Complex infused with Arnica Extract, Usnea Extract, Calendula Extract, Horse Chestnut Extract and essential oils”, retails at $39.99 for a 4 oz (120 ml) bottle
- Relief Salve – “combines BioReigns proprietary, water-soluble CBD complex, infused with menthol, camphor and peppermint oil”, retails at $29.99 for a 2.3 oz (65 ml) bottle
- Relief Roll On – “All the benefits of the BioReigns RELIEF Cream now available in an easy roll on”, retails at $49.99 for a 3 fl oz (88.7 ml) bottle
BioReigns claims all of their products are manufactured in the US.
BioReigns’ Compensation Plan
BioReigns’ compensation plan combines retail commissions with both unilevel and binary residuals.
Performance and rank based bonuses are also available.
BioReigns Affiliate Ranks
There are twelve affiliate ranks within BioReigns’ compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification they are as follows:
- Enroller – sign up Enroller Activation Pack
- Distributor – generate 35 PV a month and/or sign up with a Distributor or Sample Activation Pack
- Manager – generate 85 PV and 1000 GV a month, and/or sign up with a Manager Activation Pack (1000 GV a month rank maintenance)
- Elite – maintain 85 PV and generate 2000 GV a month, and/or sign up with an Elite Activation Pack (2000 GV a month rank maintenance)
- Elite 5K – maintain 85 PV a month, generate 5000 GV a month and recruit and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 10K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 10,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 25K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 25,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 50K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 50,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 100K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 100,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 250K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 250,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Elite 500K – maintain 85PV a month, generate 500,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- BioReigns Elite – maintain 85PV a month, generate 1,000,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales an an affiliate’s own orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline (unilevel team).
Note that recruited affiliates must be active to count towards rank qualification.
Being active means meeting their respective rank qualification criteria.
Being active is also required to qualify for MLM commissions detailed below.
BioReigns affiliates earn a 25% to 50% sales volume commission on all retail sales.
Residual Commissions (unilevel)
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
BioReigns caps payable unilevel team levels at ten.
Residual commissions are paid out as a percentage of sales volume generated across these ten levels as follows:
- Enrollers and Distributors earn 25% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Managers earn 40% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 8% on level 3
- Elites earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3 and 3% on level 4
- Elite 5Ks earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4 and 3% on level 5
- Elite 10Ks earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4 and 3% on levels 5 and 6
- Elite 25Ks and 50ks earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6 and 2% on level 7
- Elite 100Ks and 250Ksearn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on level 5 and 6, and 2% on level 7
- Elite 500Ks and earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on level 9
- BioReigns Elites earn 50% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 8% on level 3, 5% on level 4, 3% on levels 5 and 6, 2% on levels 7 and 8 and 1% on levels 9 and 10
Residual Commissions (binary)
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each month BioReigns tallies up new sales volume generated on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid up to 20% of of sales volume generated on their weaker binary team side.
- Enrollees do not earn residual binary commissions
- Distributors earn 10%, capped at $1000 a month
- Managers earn 12%, capped at $1500 a month
- Elites earn 12%, capped at $3000 a month
- Elite 5Ks earn 12%, capped at $5000 a month
- Elite 10Ks earn 12%, capped at $10,000 a month
- Elite 25Ks earn 12%, capped at $25,000 a month
- Elite 50Ks earn 12%, capped at $50,000 a month
- Elite 100Ks earn 12%, capped at $100,000 a month
- Elites to Elite 250Ks earn 15%, capped at $250,000 a month
- Elite 500Ks earn 18%, capped at $500,000 a month
- BioReigns Elites earn 20%, capped at $1,000,000 a month
Once volume is paid out on, it is matched on the stronger side and flushed. Any leftover volume on the stronger binary team side is carried over into the following month.
To qualify for residual binary commissions a BioReigns affiliate must have recruited one affiliate on both sides of their binary team.
Minimum residual binary commission volume on the weaker binary team side is 150 GV.
BioReigns pays a Matching Bonus on residual binary commissions earned by downline affiliates.
The Matching Bonus is tracked via the same unilevel team residual unilevel commissions are paid out with (see “residual unilevel commissions” above).
- Enrollers do not qualify for the Matching Bonus
- Distributors earn a 20% match on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Managers earn a 25% match on level 1 and 20% on level 2
- Elites earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2 and 10% on level 3
- Elite 5Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on level 3 and 5% on level 4
- Elite 10Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on level 5
- Elite 25Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 and 6
- Elite 50Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 7
- Elite 100Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 8
- Elite 250Ks earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 9
- Elite 500Ks and BioReigns Elites earn a 30% match on level 1, 20% on level 2, 10% on levels 3 and 4 and 5% on levels 5 to 10
Global Pool #1
BioReigns takes 2% of company-wide monthly sales volume and places it into Global Pool #1.
Affiliates earn shares in the pool, based on the following qualification criteria:
- 1 shares per product order placed in a month by retail customers and/or personally recruited affiliates
- 2 shares if you advance in rank that month
Note that shares reset every month and must requalified for.
Global Pool #2
BioReigns places an undisclosed percentage of company-wide monthly sales volume into Global Pool #2.
Global Pool #2 share qualification is based on affiliate rank:
- Elites receive one share
- Elite 5Ks receive two shares
- Elite 10Ks receive three shares
- Elite 25Ks receive four shares
- Elite 50Ks receive five shares
- Elite 100Ks receive six shares
- Elite 250Ks receive seven shares
- Elite 500Ks receive eight shares
- BioReigns Elites receive nine shares
Rank Achievement Bonus
BioRegins rewards affiliates for qualifying at Elite 5K and higher ranks with the following bonuses:
- qualify as an Elite 5K and receive $500
- qualify as an Elite 10K and receive $1000
- qualify as an Elite 25K and receive $2500
- qualify as an Elite 50K and receive $5000
- qualify as an Elite 100K and receive $10,000
- qualify as an Elite 250K and receive $25,000
- qualify as an Elite 500K and receive $50,000
- qualify as a BioReigns Elite and receive $100,000
Starting at the Elite 5K rank, BioReigns pays out a monthly Expense Bonus:
- Elite 5Ks receive $150
- Elite 10Ks receive $250
- Elite 25Ks receive $500
- Elite 50Ks receive $1000
- Elite 100Ks receive $2000
- Elite 250Ks receive $5000
- Elite 500Ks receive $10,000
- BioReigns Elites receive $20,000
Note that corresponding ranks must be maintained for four consecutive months before Expense Bonus payments begin.
BioReigns affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of an “activation package”.
- Enrollee Activation – $50
- Distributor Activation – $109.99
- Sample Activation – $129.99
- Manager Activation – $249.99
- Elite Activation – $599.99
How much a new BioReigns affiliate spends when they sign up directly impacts income potential.
More expensive Activation Packs also come with more BioReigns product.
BioReigns differentiates itself by touting its water soluble CBD oil.
Not being knowledgeable about CBD oil, I punched “water soluble cbd oil” into Google and… discovered BioReigns’ products seem reasonably priced.
I can’t speak for the entire range, but CBD American Shaman sells what appears to be a comparable CBD Daily Full Spectrum product for $59.99. CBD Daily Full Spectrum costs $69.99.
CBD American Shaman’s oil contains 10mg CBD per 1 ml, which comes to 300mg a bottle.
BioReigns’ CBD Daily Full Spectrum is 600mg a bottle.
It’s important to note though that’s a blend of hemp, CBD and the curcumin complex. How much actual CBD per 1 ml of oil isn’t disclosed.
To be honest I don’t know enough about CBD oil to make a definitive call, but assuming BioReigns’ CBD per 1 ml isn’t way off, a $10 price difference isn’t much.
The lack of clarification as to exactly how much CBD is in CBD Daily however seems a bit suss.
Not helping are BioReigns’ “extra strength” and “ultra strength varieties, for which absolutely no explanation is provided.
Moving onto BioReigns’ compensation plan, here things really start to fall apart.
The first two things that struck me are recruitment and blatant pay to play.
When a new BioReigns affiliate signs up, they have to purchase an Activation Package.
No big deal, until you realize these packages are tied to rank.
Sure, you can rank qualify on sales volume – but that doesn’t negate buying rank, which directly impacts residual commissions and the Matching Bonus.
Commission rates and ranks in MLM should always be tied to sales performance, not how much an affiliate spends when they sign up.
Pay to play is a strong indication of a pyramid scheme, and often comes at the cost of retail sales.
Seeing as commissions are tied to affiliate spend when they sign up, income potential becomes a marketing tool and recruitment then becomes a primary focus.
Residual commissions then wind up being more about how many recruited affiliates are on autoship, as opposed to retail sales volume.
Again, not helping is BioReigns’ bizarre definition of a preferred customer:
Preferred Customers – A person who pays the $50 Distributor Fee to get discounts off the retail price.
Preferred customers in the traditional sense are retail customers who sign up for autoship. Based on the above definition alone, that doesn’t appear to be possible.
To put BioReigns’ misuse of the term “preferred customer” into context, it’d be like them referring to active affiliates as retail customers.
To counter potential recruitment focus, BioReigns… well, there is no counter.
It’s entirely possible to ignore retail. Sign up, spend more to earn more, put in your monthly affiliate autoship order and then focus on recruiting others who do the same.
If this is how the majority of sales revenue is generated company-wide, BioReigns would in fact be operating as a pyramid scheme.
Having gone over the business model, I didn’t come across a convincing reason this isn’t happening.
One missed retail incentive was offered product credit, but unfortunately BioReigns only offers that on recruitment.
We look forward to you growing your business and to give you an additional bonus each time you personally enroll a new Distributor.
We will give you a FREE $30 Product Credit in your back office.
There are no retail bonuses to counter this. Nor does BioReigns require retail volume as part of the its monthly PV requirement.
One final thing I wasn’t impressed with was BioReigns passing the buck when it comes to international shipping.
Unfortunately, at this moment, we do not ship outside of the United States.
However, you can locate a distributor who is willing to provide you with products, and the distributor can ship the products to you.
They are responsible for any rules and regulations relating to shipping out the product.
I’m guessing if BioReigns has opted not to ship outside of the US, that’s probably due to red tape.
Why encourage affiliates to do it? I mean sure, the chances of an affiliate getting pinged on a random international order are slim, but what if someone’s business takes off overseas.
If this is against a particular countries’ local laws, how long before regulators take notice. And what, you think they aren’t going to “please explain?” BioReigns itself?
If they as a company won’t ship internationally, BioReigns’ stance on international shipping should be:
We don’t ship internationally for XX reasons and because of XX reasons, we suggest our distributors don’t either.
All in all there’s a little too much ambiguity with BioReigns for my liking. CBD amounts not disclosed and a compensation plan that doesn’t provide any retail incentive over base commissions.
If water soluble CBD oil sounds appealing to you and BioReigns’ product composition checks out, I’d still advise approaching with caution.