Bee-One Review: Incentivized e-commerce purchases & CryptoCarbon
Bee-One are based out of the UK and operate in the cashback e-commerce MLM niche.
The company is headed up by Subash George Manuel, who serves as Bee-One’s Director and CEO.
A corporate address in London is provided on the Bee-One website. Further research however reveals this to be a virtual address actually owned by Regus.
In addition to Bee-One, Manuel (right) also runs Bee International. Bee International is an immigration company specializing in immigration to Canada. Manuel is also active in the Indian cryptocurrency scene through the website Crypto Carbon.
As far as I can tell Bee-One is Manuel’s first venture as an MLM executive.
Read on for a full review of the Bee-One MLM opportunity.
Bee-One describe themselves as a “cash back and points based reward company”.
Bee-One is a marketplace that allows users to offer, sell and buy just about anything in a variety of pricing formats and locations.
Bee-One also offers cash back, discount, price comparison.
The company itself has no retailable products or services other than Bee-One affiliate membership. Instead, through its e-commerce platform, Bee-One provides access to discounts and cashback provided by third-party merchants.
The Bee-One Compensation Plan
The Bee-One compensation plan is poorly presented and appears to be a mishmash of several MLM compensation components.
I’ve done my best to make sense of the official Bee-One compensation documentation below.
Bee-One Affiliate Ranks
There are thirteen affiliate ranks within the Bee-One compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Gold – pay £49.99 GBP for a Gold affiliate membership
- Perfect Living – pay £199 GBP for a Perfect Living affiliate membership
- Executive – generate 250 GV a month
- Senior Executive – generate 1000 GV a month
- Manager – generate 2500 GV a month
- Executive Manager – personally recruit and maintain two Manager ranked affiliates and generate 7500 GV a month (no more than 2500 GV from two unilevel legs counted)
- Gold Manager – have two Executive Manager ranked affiliates in two separate unilevel legs and generate 30,000 GV a month (no more than 7500 GV from each Executive Manager leg)
- Diamond Manager – have three Gold Manager ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
- Gold Diamond Manager – have three Diamond Manager ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
- Crown Diamond Manager – have five Gold Manager ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
- Crown Diamond Manager 1 – have five Crown Diamond Manager ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
- Crown Diamond Manager 2 – have five Crown Diamond Manager 1 ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
- Crown Diamond Manager 3 – have five Crown Diamond Manager 2 ranked affiliates in separate unilevel legs
A Bee-One affiliate’s monthly earnings are restricted based on their rank:
- Gold – £250 GBP
- Perfect Living – £500 GBP
- Executive – £750 GBP
- Senior Executive – £1000 GBP
- Manager – £2500 GBP
- Executive Manager – £5000 GBP
- Gold Manager – £7500 GBP
- Diamond Manager – £12,500 GBP
- Gold Diamond Manager – £15,000 GBP
- Crown Diamond Manager – £20,000 GBP
- Crown Diamond Manager 1 – £21,000 GBP
- Crown Diamond Manager 2 – £23,000 GBP
- Crown Diamond Manager 3 – £25,000 GBP
Mandatory Repurchase Account
Commissions paid to Bee-One affiliates are split 50/50 between cash and a “repurchase account”.
The repurchase account must be used to purchase products from Bee-One e-commerce platform.
Bee-One affiliates earn a commission when personally referred customers purchase products on the e-commerce platform.
The Bee-One compensation plan defines a retail commission as ‘the difference between the retail prices the customer pays and the wholesale price an affiliate pays for a product as an affiliate‘.
Referral commissions are paid out when personally recruited affiliates purchase products through the Bee-One e-commerce platform.
It appears products have their own attached referral commission structure:
Referral bonus will also be paid from more levels of referrals based on the product/service sold through the platform.
Please check for the number of levels and the percentage and criteria before you make any purchase.
Not all products and services have referral bonus attached.
There is also a “Fast Track Direct” referral commission available.
The Fast Track Direct commission is paid out when personally recruited affiliates purchase a “certain products/services” within 45 days of signing up as an affiliate.
To qualify for the Fast Tract Direct commission an affiliate must generate 1500 “business tokens”.
As per the Bee-One compensation plan, an affiliate acquires business tokens ‘when (they) purchase certain products or services through Bee-One‘.
Note that the Fast Track Direct commission is paid entirely into a Bee-One affiliates mandatory repurchase account.
Leadership Development Bonus
The Leadership Development Bonus is a percentage commission paid out on referral commissions paid to downline affiliates.
The Leadership Development Bonus is paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Bee-One cap payable unilevel levels as follows:
- Gold and Perfect Living – 10% on levels 1 and 2
- Executive to Manager – 10% on levels 1 to 3
- Executive Manager – 10% on levels 1 to 3, 8% on level 4 and 2% on level 5
- Gold Manager and higher – 10% on levels 1 to 3, 8% on level 4 and 2% on levels 5 and 6
There is also a “profit sharing” component of the Leadership Development Bonus, which appears to be based on specific purchases by an affiliate.
The Bee-One compensation plan documentation does not go into further detail.
In light of the Leadership Development Bonus, what the Override Bonus pays out on is unclear.
It appears to be an additional multilevel commission paid out on downline sales and purchase volume, based on affiliate rank:
- Executive’s earn a 5% override on volume generated by personally recruited Executives
- Senior Executives earn a 10% override on Senior Executives and 5% on Executives
- Managers earn a 16% override on Managers, 6% on Senior Executives and 11% on Executives
- Executive Managers earn a 20% override on Executive Managers, 4% on Managers, 10% on Senior Executives and 15% on Executives
- Gold Managers and higher earn 23% on Gold Managers (and higher?), 3% on Executive Managers, 7% on Managers, 13% on Senior Executives and 18% on Executives
Cloud Sharing Bonus
“Clouds” are available when a Bee-One affiliate purchases
certain products or services through Bee-One.
Please check for the number of cloud and the cloud-sharing limit alloted to those clouds before you make any purchase.
Each cloud acquired by a Bee-One affiliate pays a set ROI:
The company shares a portion of its revenue, generated from the sales of the products and services, among the active and eligible clouds as cash and repurchase earnings.
Cloud earnings will stop when the cloud-earning limit has been reached.
Crypto Cloud Bonus
A “crypto bonus” can be earned by Bee-One affiliates ‘based on the products and services they buy‘.
The Crypto Bonus is paid out in either “BeeCoin” (an internal points-based system) or cryptocurrency (none are specifically referenced).
There is also a binary commission attached to “crypto business tokens”.
The Bee-One compensation plan doesn’t mention how crypto business tokens are acquired by affiliates (I suspect they might be “BeeCoins” by another name).
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note that there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each “payout period” new crypto business tokens acquired by binary team affiliates are tallied up.
A Bee-One affiliate is paid 35% of the crypto business tokens generated by their weaker binary side.
A matching bonus on binary commissions is available, based on generated group volume and payable down eight levels of recruitment.
Some of the levels are paid out in cash, some a combination of cash and the mandatory repurchase account and some in BeeCoins.
Bee-One affiliates can earn an Activity Bonus when by ‘performing certain actions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to promote/sell products/services through Bee-One‘.
Specifics are not provided.
Bee-One has a separate set of affiliate ranks they award bonuses on.
These ranks are based on binary team activity as follows:
- Associate (personally generate 1500 business tokens and have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 1500 business tokens) – no reward
- Team Leader Club (generate 1500 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 3000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least two Associates) – receive a Team Leader badge
- Premium Club (generate 15,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 15,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least two Team Leader Club qualified affiliates (at least one in weaker binary side)) – receive a “gold coin”
- Business Club (generate 45,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 40,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least three Premium Club qualified affiliates (at least one in weaker binary side)) – receive a Macbook Pro
- Corporate Club (generate 90,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 140,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least three Business Club qualified affiliates (at least one in weaker binary side)) – receive a Rolex watch
- Vice President Club (generate 180,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 325,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least four Corporate Club qualified affiliates (at least two on each binary side)) – receive a “luxury trip”
- Senior Vice President Club (generate 300,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 900,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least five Vice President Club qualified affiliates (at least two in weaker binary side)) – receive a gold Rolex watch
- President Club (generate 1,000,000 business tokens in weaker binary volume, have levels 1 and 2 of your unilevel team generate 2,500,000 business tokens a month and personally recruit at least six Senior Vice President Club qualified affiliates (at least three in each binary side)) – receive a “President Club Award”
Joining Bee-One to participate in the MLM opportunity requires the purchase of a Gold (£49.99) or Perfect Living (£199) membership.
The primary difference between these two positions is income potential through the Bee-One compensation plan.
Bee-One presents itself as a simple enough e-commerce platform, rammed into an MLM compensation plan model, rammed into an investment opportunity, rammed into a cryptocurrency altcoin scheme.
None of the components of the Bee-One MLM opportunity compliment each other, and are grouped awkwardly into a compensation plan that is bloated and at times difficult to get one’s head around.
The reason for this is rather than just focus on non-affiliate e-commerce purchases, Bee-One heavily incentivizes affiliate purchases.
The compensation documentation does initially start out by mentioning customer purchases, but this is quickly dropped in favor of referring solely to affiliate purchases.
Bee-One affiliate purchases provide access to rank volume, investment positions (the cloud stuff) and tokens that can be converted into the CryptoCarbon cryptocurrency.
Bee-One’s e-commerce platform itself seems legitimate enough. You’ve basically got a bunch of third-party affiliate commission rates on offer, with Bee-One splitting the commission received with affiliates.
Problems begin if affiliates are the majority or sole users of the platform, which I strongly suspect they are.
Cloud positions offer a ROI, paid out of what are effectively subsequently invested funds (120% is the example ROI cited in the Bee-One compensation plan).
E.g. If an affiliate purchases any product(s) or service(s) that is attached to a cloud position 12 and cloud earning 120%, then on every successful 12 sale of similar product(s) or service(s) attached with the same cloud position and cloud earnings by the company, the first sale (cloud) in the queue will receive from Bee-One a commission representing 120% of the cost paid by that affiliate.
On top of shuffling affiliate funds around to pay off the ROI (cashback funds appear to be used), as far as I can tell Bee-One aren’t registered to offer securities in any jurisdiction.
As I was going through the Bee-One website, I also noticed mention of cloud positions sold separately as “ad packs” in the FAQ.
This isn’t mentioned in the Bee-One compensation plan, and probably because it’s straight adcredit Ponzi fraud.
Bee-One affiliates invest £10 and £20 GBP in ad packs on the promise of an advertised ROI of up to 110%. Where the ROI funds are sourced from should be obvious (purchasing ad packs from Bee-One has nothing to do with the e-commerce platform).
CryptoCarbon meanwhile appears to be a legitimate cryptocurrency and is publicly tradeable.
It debuted with a $3.70 or so value back in January and today is hovering around 70 cents.
Outside of Bee-One CryptoCarbon doesn’t appear to have any use, and even then it’s unclear whether CryptoCarbon can be used to make purchases through Bee-One e-commerce platform (I’m doubtful).
Rather than genuine purchases by retail customers, Bee-One’s business model relies on affiliate recruitment.
The company does stress it ‘does not pay even a single penny to anyone for just getting someone to join’, however most of the compensation plan is based on recruited Bee-One affiliate spending money.
Without a substantial amount of non-affiliate e-commerce users, this isn’t a sustainable business model. Once affiliate recruitment dies down, Bee-One will collapse and most affiliates will lose money (determined by how much they’ve spent in order to generate/qualify for commissions).