Vivri Review: Pay to play affiliate autoship recruitment
Vivri is based out of Texas. The company operates in the nutritional supplement and personal care MLM niches.
Heading up Vivri is founder and CEO Daniel Chavez Saul.
According to Saul’s Vivri corporate bio, he
worked previously as an investment banker in New York for Goldman Sachs and as a strategy consultant for McKinsey & Company in several cities around the U.S. and India.
He studied Economics at Harvard University, Economics and Managerial Studies at Rice University, and earned an MBA from Stanford University.
Vivri appears to have launched on or around late 2017. Possible due to language barriers, I was unable to find an MLM history on Saul prior to Vivri’s launch.
One would assume Saul didn’t just jump from finance and consulting to launching his own nutrition MLM company, so it seems there’s some missing information.
Of note is Vivri was recently targeted by the FTC for bogus COVID-19 product claims. Vivri appears to have addressed this by adding the following to their website footer:
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease including Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Read on for a full review of Vivri’s MLM opportunity.
Vivri’s flagship product is Shake Me!, a
powdered drink that contains 45 essential nutrients and meets the highest international standards for high-quality food. It is packed with proteins, vitamins, plant extracts and other premium ingredients.
Shake Me! retails for $83.49 for a 39.5 oz (1.1 kg) pouch (servings not disclosed).
Shake Me! is also available in a vegan variety (same price) and as part of a challenge kit ($132.49). Various Shake Me! flavor bundles are also available.
Other nutritional products Vivri markets include:
- Power Me! – “an energizing, low calorie powdered drink derived from premium sources”, retails at
- Cleanse Me! – a “refreshing drink” that supposedly helps you “find your inner balance”, retails at
- Vivri Soups – “gourmet essential nutrition”, retails at
- Omega Me! – “a concentrated source of Omega-3 and Vitamin D”, retails at
Vivri also markets a range of personal care products under SENS branding.
SENS stands for Skin Essential Nutritional System and includes
- Royal Nourishing Cleanser – “natural renovating dermo cleanser”, retails at $22.99 a tube
- Monarch Eye Cream – “natural cream for eye contour and expression lines”, retails at $55.99 a bottle
- Imperial Beauty System – “natural anti-aging revitalizer”, retails at $55.99 a bottle
- Majestic Golden Oil – “natural anti-aging hydrator”, retails at $55.99 a bottle
- Creme de la Creme – “moisturizing body cream”, retails at $17.99 a tube
Vivri branded accessories are also available. A full catalog with retail pricing is provided on Vivri’s website.
Vivri’s Compensation Plan
Vivri’s compensation plan incentivizes recruitment of affiliates on monthly autoship.
While that is the core focus, retail commissions and additional bonuses are also available as detailed below.
Vivri Affiliate Ranks
There are ten affiliate ranks in Vivri’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Consultant – generate and maintain 76 PV in autoship volume or 60 PV a month
- Coach – maintain 76 PV in autoship a month or 60 PV every two weeks, personally recruit and maintain one Consultant and generate 250 GV a month
- Entrepreneur – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume or 120 PV a month, personally recruit and maintain two Consultants and generate 1000 GV a month
- Advisor – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, personally recruit and maintain three Consultants and generate 2000 GV a month
- Ambassador – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 5000 GV a month
- Director’s Club – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 12,000 GV a month
- President’s Club – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 25,000 GV a month
- Founder’s Club – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 50,000 GV a month
- Diamond Heart Club – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 75,000 GV a month
- Double Diamond Heart Club – maintain 76 PV in autoship volume a month or 60 PV every two weeks, maintain three personally recruited affiliates and generate 150,000 GV a month
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by sales to retail customers and an affiliate’s own purchases (including autoship).
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Vivri counts GV for rank qualification purposes across fifteen unilevel team levels.
Note that only 50% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg.
Vivri pays a commission on product sales to retail customers.
States retail commission rates in Vivri’s compensation plan are “up to 30%”.
This is calculated based on the difference between the wholesale and retail price of products ordered.
Vivri affiliates earn a commission when they recruit new affiliates.
If a Vivri affiliate signed up with an Executive Smart Start Kit, they earn a 25% residual commission rate.
If they signed up with an Imperial Smart Start Kit, they earn a 50% recruitment commission rate.
Note that recruitment commissions are paid on Smart Start Kit generated sales volume, not the price paid.
Residual Recruitment Commissions
Vivri affiliates who sign up with an Imperial Smart Start Kit qualify for residual recruitment commissions.
Residual recruitment commissions are paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Vivri caps payable residual recruitment commissions at five unilevel team levels.
Residual commissions are paid out as a percentage of Smart Start Kit sales volume generated across these levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 50%
- levels 2 to 5 – 2%
If a Vivri affiliate has signed up for monthly autoship, their residual recruitment commission rate across levels 2 to 5 is bumped up to 10%.
Note that the 50% level 1 commission is the same commission detailed in “recruitment commissions” above.
Vivri pays residual commissions using the same unilevel team structure residual recruitment commissions are paid with (see above).
Residual commissions are paid on sales volume generated across the unilevel team, capped at nine team levels.
- Consultants earn 10% on level 1
- Coaches earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on level 2
- Entrepreneurs earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 and 3
- Advisors earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 4
- Ambassadors earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 5
- Director’s Club ranked affiliates earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 6
- President’s Club ranked affiliates earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 7
- Founder’s Club ranked affiliates earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 8
- Diamond Heart and Double Diamond Heart Club ranked affiliates earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 9
Note that Smart Start Kit PV is excluded from residual commission volume.
Diamond Heart Club and Double Diamond Heart Club affiliates qualify for a Generation Bonus.
Vivri defines a generation in a unilevel team leg when a Diamond Heart Club or higher ranked affiliate is found in it.
This affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Diamond Heart Club or higher ranked affiliate exists deeper in the leg, they cap off the second generation for that leg.
If no such affiliate exists, the second generation extends down the full depth of the leg.
Using this generational structure, Vivri pays the Generation Bonus on up to two generation per unilevel team leg:
- up to 2% is paid on sales volume generated within the first generation
- up to 4% is paid on sales volume generated within the second generation
The reason for the variable percentage is Vivri’s “Sustainability Policy”.
Vivri caps commissions and bonuses if more than 50% of company-wide sales volume is paid out.
Power Teams Global Pool
Vivri takes 2% of company-wide sales volume every two weeks, and places it into the Power Team Global Pool.
To qualify for a share in the Power Teams Global Pool, a Vivri affiliate must generate three or more “Power Teams”.
A Power Team is defined when a personally recruited affiliate has themselves recruited three affiliates – all of which are commission qualified.
- generate one Power Team and receive one share in the Power Teams Global Pool
- receive an additional Power Team Global Pool share for each Power Team generated
Note that while Power Teams Global Pool qualification is monthly recurring, existing Power Teams count the following two week period provided they are preserved.
Diamond Heart Global Pool
Vivri takes 5% of company-wide sales volume every two weeks, and uses it to reward Diamond Heart and Double Diamond Heart Club ranked affiliates with “trips, gifts and cash bonuses”.
Through the DHGP, active Diamond Heart LIV’s can enjoy astounding VIVRI Trips such as VIVRI Top Journey, VIVRI Explore, VIVRI Cruise, and VIVRI World.
Diamond Heart trips include the exclusive and notoriously impressive VIVRI Top Journey, the annual trip to the most exotic and exciting destinations on the planet, with extraordinary experiences such as private
visits to the most desired locations and special VIP activities some would say are completely out of this world.
Specifics aren’t provided but Vivri’s compensation material does state that
- Diamond Heart Club ranked affiliates receive one participation share
- Double Diamond Heart Club ranked affiliates receive two participation shares
Note that Vivri refer to their affiliates as “Livs”.
Lifestyle Global Pool
Vivri takes 5% of company-wide sales volume and places it into the Lifestyle Global Pool.
The Lifestyle Global Pool is used to fund incentives, including
special contests which include international trips, cash bonuses, technology and gadgets for your business, fashion and other exclusive prizes.
Rank Achievement Bonuses
Starting at Ambassador, Vivri rewards affiliates for rank qualifying with the following bonuses:
- qualify as an Ambassador and receive a “luxury express trip for two”
- qualify as a President’s Club affiliate and receive a “luxurious all-included trip with your partner or family” plus $2000 expenses reimbursement
Vivri Director’s Club affiliates qualify for a $300 Car Bonus.
At Founder’s Club the monthly Car Bonus is increased to $600.
The Car Bonus is paid out fortnightly and must be put towards a new luxury car of minimum $25,000 value.
If a Vivri affiliate maintains a 226 PV monthly autoship order for twelve months, they are rewarded with
a certificate valid for a Trip of 4 days and 3 nights in a luxury hotel (with VIVRI’s agreement).
If an affiliate declines this bonus and maintains 226 PV autoship for 24 months, they receive ‘an extended 7 day and 6 night stay.’
Signing up as a Vivri affiliate requires the purchase of a Smart Start Kit:
- SENS Imperial Kit – $999.99
- SENS Duo Imperial Kit – $999.90
- Vivri Imperial Kit – $999
- Vivri Executive Kit – $389.97
- SENS Executive Kit – $299.99
Which Kit a Vivri affiliates signs up with determines recruitment commission rates paid out.
The other difference between the kits is bundled Vivri products.
Analysis of Vivri’s business opportunity reveals it’s primary focus is affiliate autoship recruitment.
As described by Vivri,
autoship is a recurring purchase subscription with the advantage of ensuring your qualification every Period with a sole monthly purchase.
This is true in a pyramid scheme. In a legitimate MLM opportunity autoship is simple used to purchase products on a recurring basis you’d be ordering anyway.
Purchasing products to qualify for commissions is pay to play, a strong indicator of an MLM company operating as a pyramid scheme.
Affiliate autoship is further incentivized by incentivizing affiliates staying on autoship for up to 24 consecutive months. Residual commission rates also increase 500% by maintaining an autoship order.
This goes hand in hand with Vivri’s recruitment focus, which the company is transparent about;
Smart Start profits are designed to compensate LIVs substantially for investing time when sharing the VIVRI Opportunity.
“Smart Start Profits” is not so subtle code for paying Vivri affiliates to recruit new affiliates.
Spend more when you sign up and earn 100% more than a new Vivri affiliate who only opted for an Executive Smart Start Kit. This is another example of pay to play.
And as you recruit Vivri affiliates, they and those they recruit are also expected to be on autoship;
Power Teams do not need to be new every Period to earn you shares, which means that if you hold the same direct active Power Teams Period after Period you can continue to earn your share from the Power Teams Global Pool, which is why it is important to maintain your Power Teams active on Autoship.
What you wind up with is an MLM company in which the majority of affiliates are on autoship and focused on recruiting new affiliates on autoship, at the expense of retail sales.
The most clear example of this is Vivri’s commission qualification criteria:
- self qualify for commissions with a 76 monthly autoship order; or
- generate 60 PV every two weeks (effective 120 PV a month).
One could purchase 60 PV worth of product as an affiliate outside of autoship to qualify, but that makes little sense. And of course is still an affiliate sale, as opposed to a retail sale.
Why is it important to clarify this?
In light of this, Vivri’s offered products are incidental. In an MLM pyramid scheme products exist to push internal sales volume, which is used to primarily pay recruitment commissions.
This included both direct commissions (you get paid for signing someone up), and residual recruitment commissions (you get paid on their monthly autoship order).
As a prospective Vivri affiliate, you can verify this by asking your potential upline how they are qualifying for commissions.
If it’s via a 76 PV monthly autoship order, and they don’t have an equivalent in retail PV, that affiliate is running their Vivri business as a pyramid scheme.
You signing up will also likely have to focus on recruiting and build your own pyramid scheme downline.
This is both not sustainable and causes financial harm to the majority of participants you recruit. You’ll also likely lose money yourself.
One final thought I’ll wrap up with is this additional agreement Diamond Heart Club affiliates are forced to sign:
The extraordinary benefits of the Diamond Heart Rank or higher were designed to recognize LIVs that dedicate time and effort to grow their VIVRI independent business and to motivate them to continue to be actively committed with VIVRI, to cultivate this concept, in orderto earn as a Diamond Heart or higher, the LIV must have a valid Diamond Heart Agreement signed, as well as any updated version at VIVRI’s discretion in orderto enjoy the title of the Rank.
I don’t know what’s in a Diamond Heart Agreement but it sounds pretty ominous. One can easily imagine a lop-sided contract that imposes restrictions on affiliates and shackles them to Vivri.
Company loyalty should be happening organically, unless there’s something wrong with the company. Forcing loyalty isn’t what you want to see at the upper ranks of an MLM company.
With this and the other concerns raised above, I’d recommend approaching Vivri as a potential affiliate with extreme caution.