Vidafy Review: Overpriced curcumin supplements
Vidafy launched in 2016 and operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche.
Vidafy is based out of Utah in the US. The company is headed up by founder and CEO Shane Brady.
Brady’s LinkedIn profile details executive involvement in the MLM industry dating back to 1999.
- from 1999 to 2001, Brady served as Marketing Manager for Unicity International
- from 2004 to 2007, Brady served as Director and Manager for Unicity International’s Latin America and US Latino Market respectively
- from 2007 to 2012, Brady served as General Manager for Mexico and Colombia for Xango
- from 2012 to 2016, Brady served as Vice President for Latin America and the US Latino Market for Kyani
Brady’s ties to Central and South America are evident in Vidafy’s marketing. I found a large volume of Vidafy marketing material targeting Spanish speaking consumers.
Read on for a full review of Vidafy’s MLM opportunity.
Vidafy’s flagship product is Curcuma Plus, a tumeric supplement.
Vidafy claims turmeric supplements have a “lipid absorption problem”.
Now, for the first time, we have a product that overcomes the lipid-absorption problem to significantly increase the bioavailability of curcumin in the body at appropriate levels to ensure guaranteed results.
VIDAFY CURCUMA PLUS contains active metabolite extracts of curcumin with applied patented German biotechnology to form water-soluble micelle structures on a nanometric scale.
These molecules mimic the body’s normal function and allow the curcumin to be easily absorbed into the bloodstream and transported to the cells where it can do what Mother Nature intended.
This patented process is called BioMS technology, for Biotechnology with Micelle Solubilisates, and is what makes VIDAFY CURCUMA PLUS unique and unparalleled in its applications and results.
Vidafy claims ten drops of Curcuma Plus equals twenty-seven tablets of turmeric.
A bottle of Curcuma Plus goes for $60.
Other supplements Vidafy markets include:
- Nanofy Curcuma – turmeric supplement with Vitamin D3, retails at $50 a bottle
- Synbiofy – “supplement based on a formulation of prebiotic fiber, probiotics, herbal mixture and magnesium gluconate”, retails at $30 a box
Vidafy do not provide retail pricing on their website.
Retail pricing is quoted in Vidafy’s compensation documentation, however this is also not provided on Vidafy’s website.
Vidafy’s Compensation Plan
Vidafy do not provide compensation details on their website.
The following analysis is put together from an official Vidafy compensation document sourced elsewhere (Sep 2021).
Vidafy Affiliate Ranks
There are seven ranks within Vidafy’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Entrepreneur – sign up as a Vidafy affiliate and generate and maintain 100 PV a month
- Entrepreneur Pro – recruit and maintain three Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 2000 GV a month
- Senior Entrepreneur maintain three personally recruited Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 5000 GV a month
- Master Entrepreneur – maintain three personally recruited Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 10,000 GV a month
- Premier Business Professional – maintain three personally recruited Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 25,000 GV a month
- Elite Business Professional – maintain three personally recruited Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 50,000 GV a month
- Diamond Executive – maintain three personally recruited Entrepreneurs or higher, maintain 100 PV a month and generate and maintain 100,000 GV a month
PV stands for “Personal Volume”. PV is sales volume generated by retail orders and an affiliate’s own purchases.
GV stands for “Group Volume”. GV is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Note that up to 60% of required GV can come from any one unilevel team leg.
Additionally, a minimum 10% of required GV must be in your third largest unilevel team leg (by volume).
Vidafy affiliates earn commissions on the sale of products to retail customers.
Retail commissions are calculated as the difference between the affiliate and retail price.
- Curcumin Nanofy is sold to affiliates for $25 and retails at $50, generating a $25 retail commission
- Curcuma Plus is sold to affiliates for $30 and retails at $60, generating a $30 retail commission
- Synbiofy is sold to affiliates for $20 and retails for $30, generating a $10 retail commission
Vidafy affiliates receive a commission per affiliate they personally recruit.
- recruit a Kit 100 Personal tier affiliate and receive $20
- recruit a Kit 250 Entrepreneur tier affiliate and receive $60
- recruit a Kit 500 Pro tier affiliate and receive $120
Vidafy pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Vidafy caps residual commissions at seven unilevel teams.
Residual commissions are paid as a percentage of sales volume generated across these seven levels based on rank:
- Entrepreneurs earn 5% on levels 1 and 2 (level 1 is personally recruited affiliates)
- Pro Entrepreneurs earn 5% on levels 1 to 4
- Master Entrepreneurs earn 5% on levels 1 to 5
- Premier Business Professionals earn 5% on levels 1 to 6
- Elite Business Professionals and Diamond Executives earn 5% on levels 1 to 6 and 2% on level 7
The Generational Bonus is paid on unilevel team volume.
Vidafy defines a generation within a unilevel team leg when a Premier Business Professional or higher is found.
Once found, that affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Premier Business Professional or higher is found deeper in the leg, they cap off the second generation. The third generation begins immediately after them.
Using this generational structure, Premier Business Professionals and higher can earn on up to three generations per unilevel team leg.
- Premier Business Professionals earn 1% on up to three Premier Business Professional or higher generations per unilevel team leg
- Elite Business Professionals earn 2% on up to three Elite Business Professional or higher generations per unilevel team leg
- Diamond Executives earn 3% on up to three Diamond Executive generations per unilevel team leg
Vidafy affiliates receive a $120 Triple Bonus for every three Kit 250 Entrepreneur and/or Kit 500 Pro tier affiliates they personally recruit.
If a Vidafy affiliate qualifies at Entrepreneur Pro within 30 days of signing up, they receive a $250 Pro Bonus.
Wellness Triple Bonus
The Wellness Triple Bonus is a retail autoship bonus.
To qualify for the Wellness Triple Bonus, a Vidafy affiliate must
- refer and maintain at least three retail customers on monthly autoship; and
- generate and maintain 300 PV a month in retail autoship volume.
If the above qualification criteria is met, the affiliate receives 100 PV of Vidafy product each month.
Note the shipping cost of the 100 PV worth of product is not included under the Wellness Triple Bonus.
Vidafy takes 10% of new affiliate membership fees and puts them into the GPS Pool.
The GPS Pool is paid to Senior Entrepreneur and higher ranked Vidafy affiliates monthly:
- Senior Entrepreneurs receive one share
- Master Entrepreneurs receive two shares
- Premier Business Professionals receive four shares
- Elite Business Professionals receive six shares
- Diamond Executives receive ten shares
Vidafy takes 1% of company-wide sales volume and places it into the Diamond Pool.
The Diamond Pool is paid out equally to Diamond Executives every three months.
Rank Achievement Bonus
Vidafy rewards affiliates who qualify at Senior Entrepreneur and higher with a one-time Rank Achievement Bonus:
- qualify at Senior Entrepreneur and receive $500
- qualify at Master Entrepreneur and receive $1000
- qualify at Premier Business Pro and receive $2500
- qualify at Elite Business Pro and receive $5000
- qualify at Diamond Executive and receive $10,000
- qualify at Double Diamond Executive and receive $25,000
- qualify at Triple Diamond Executive and receive $50,000 (paid out $25,000 over two quarters)
- qualify at Vidafy Legend and receive $100,000 (paid out $25,000 over four quarters)
Note that new ranks must be qualified for at least twice over a rolling three-month period before the Rank Achievement Bonus is paid out.
Vidafy Lifestyle Bonus
The Vidafy Lifestyle Bonus is a monthly bonus, rewarded to affiliates woh qualify at Master Entrepreneur and higher.
- qualify at Master Entrepreneur and receive $250 a month
- qualify at Premier Business Pro and receive $500 a month
- qualify at Elite Business Pro and receive $1000 a month
- qualify at Diamond Executive and receive $2000 a month
- qualify at Double Diamond and receive $3000 a month
- qualify at Triple Diamond and receive $4000 a month
- qualify at Vidafy Legend and receive $5000 a month
Note that Vidafy Lifestyle Bonus ranks must be qualified for at least three times over a rolling six-month period.
Life Converted Trip
Vidafy offers affiliates a “Life Converted Trip”. Specifics of the trip are not disclosed.
To qualify for a Life Converted Trip, a Vidafy affiliate must remain Entrepreneur or higher qualified and generate $15,000 in accumulated earnings.
There is no time limit to qualify for a Life Converted Trip.
Vidafy affiliate membership is tied to the purchase of a “startup kit”:
- Kit 100 Personal – $135
- Kit 250 Entrepreneur – $290
- Kit 500 Pro – $545
In addition to receiving more Vidafy products, the more an affiliate spends when they sign up the higher their income potential.
If there was ever a problem absorbing curcumin, it doesn’t appear to be an issue outside of Vidafy’s own marketing.
Certainly it doesn’t appear to have bothered India, whose population has been consuming curcumin in turmeric for thousands of years.
If you strip away the bio availability marketing, Vidafy’s curcumin supplement is two to three times the price of most other curcumin supplements.
One competing brand on Amazon is MaxX Labs, who also tout “high absorption”.
Our liposomal liquid tumeric curcumin supplement drops contain BioPerine, a black pepper extract that enhances absorption and increases bioavailability which allows it to seamlessly absorb into your bloodstream.
Sounds pretty similar to Vidafy’s claims, except MaxX Labs’ supplement is $20 for a 60 ml bottle shipped.
That’s just one brand found with a quick search. If you’re really keen on circumin supplements you’ll want to spend more time comparing.
The bottom line is Vidafy’s offering doesn’t appear to be retail viable.
This leads us into Vidafy’s compensation plan, which lends itself to autoship recruitment.
As per Vidafy’s official compensation documentation, the first step to running a successful Vidafy business is signing up, preferrably at Kit 500 Pro:
and then duplicating by recruiting others who do the same.
And remember, “fast is always better”.
Ambiguity lies in retail sales being possible and even rewarded through the Wellness Triple Bonus (provided you can refer retail autoship customers), but there’s no specific requirements.
Recruitment on the other hand is required if you want to make it past the “sign up” Vidafy compensation rank.
This is of course not a coincidence. In BehindMLM’s Unicity International, Xango and Kyani reviews, affiliate autoship recruitment was a recurring concern.
The good news is establishing whether your potential Vidafy upline is running a pyramid scheme or not is straight-forward.
If they’re above the first Entrepreneur rank, you know they’ve had to recruit and maintain three affiliates.
Ask them for proof of four active retail customers to match. Three is borderline acceptable.
By active, I mean retail customers who are ordering something each month.
If these customers don’t exist, that affiliate has prioritized recruitment. They are running their Vidafy business as a pyramid scheme, and you’ll be expected to do the same.
This ties back into Vidafy’s products and the not provided retail price-point.
Not providing consumers with crucial information about your products, such as how much they cost, is a glaring red-flag. It’s also a potential violation of the FTC Act.
Approach with caution.