Puratae Review: Superblended nutritional breakfast drink mix
Puratae operates in the nutritional supplement MLM niche and appear to be based out of Utah.
I say appear because the corporate address provided on Puratae’s website belongs to a law firm.
Puratae provides no information about who owns or runs the business on their business website.
Further research reveals Marty and Heather Holker both citing themselves as CEO of the company in their respective LinkedIn profiles.
The only acknowledgement of the Holker’s executive role within Puratae is a February 2019 blog post, which reveals they are also founders of the company.
Why this information isn’t provided on the Puratae website proper is unclear.
The Holkers left Synergy Worldwide in August 2018. I wasn’t able to ascertain why the Holkers left the company.
In any event there must have been some planning on their side, as Puratae was founded within a month of their departure.
Read on for a full review of the Puratae MLM opportunity.
Puratae’s flagship product is Pure SuperBlend, a powdered supplement shake drink mix.
You’re busy. We get it. It’s almost impossible to get all of the nutrition you need today with busy schedules and the lack of nutrient content in our daily nutrition.
We wanted to create a product that would give your body all you need to stabilize and balance your body.
It only takes 60 seconds to start your day right with PURE SUPERBLEND.
Puratae claims one serving of Pure SuperBlend is the ‘nutrient equivalent of over 12 servings of fruits and veggies‘.
Pure SuperBlend retails at $88 for a pouch containing thirty servings.
A Pure SuperBlend mini pack ($25) and regular multi-pack bundles are also available.
The Puratae Compensation Plan
Puratae’s compensation plan rewards affiliates for generating sales to retail customers.
This starts with a residual retail commission paid down three levels of recruitment, which after sixty-one days transfers over to a standard unilevel team structure.
Downline volume is paid out in the same manner, with additional performance-based bonuses also available.
MLM Commission Qualification
Puratae affiliates are required to maintain $70 PV a month to qualify for MLM commissions.
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by sales to retail customers and a Puratae affiliate’s own orders.
Puratae Affiliate Ranks
There are nine affiliate ranks within Puratae’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Social Partner – maintain MLM commission qualification
- Social Team Leader – recruit and maintain at least three Social Partners, or generate and maintain three retail customers
- Social Team Mentor – recruit and maintain at least three Social Team Leaders
- Social Team Influencer – recruit and maintain at least three Social Team Managers
- Regional Influencer – recruit and maintain at least three Social Team Influencers
- National Influencer – recruit and maintain one Social Team Influencer and two Social Team Influencers or higher
- Executive Influencer – recruit and maintain one Regional Influencer and two National Influencers or higher
- Presidential Influencer – recruit and maintain one National Influencer or two Executive Influencers or higher
- Global Ambassador – recruit and maintain one Executive Influencer and two Presidential Influencers or higher
Although not explicitly clarified, I believe retail customer qualification at the Social Team Leader rank is subject to a minimum monthly order (probably preferred customer autoship).
Retail Customer Sales Volume Bonus
Puratae affiliates earn a bonus on retail customer orders, based on their total retail customer order volume for the month.
- generate $1000 to $2499 in retail customer order volume and receive a 4% retail customer sales volume bonus
- generate $2500 or more in retail customer order volume and receive an 8% retail customer sales volume bonus
The Retail Customer Sales Volume Bonus includes standard retail customer orders as well as that of preferred customers (retail customers on autoship).
Note that regular retail commissions are paid out via the Fast Track 60 Bonus and residual commissions detailed below.
Fast Track 60 Bonus
The Fast Track 60 Bonus is used to pay affiliates on orders placed by new personally referred retail customers and recruited affiliates.
The Fast Track 60 Bonus is paid out on orders placed by new affiliates and retail customers, within their first 60 days of signing up or ordering.
The Fast Track 60 Bonus is paid down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- 15% is paid on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates and referred retail customers)
- 10% is paid on level 2
- 5% is paid on level 3
From day 61, and subsequent orders are paid out as residual commissions (see below).
Residual commissions are paid on orders placed by retail customers and recruited affiliates, from 61 days after they were recruited or placed their first order.
Puratae pays residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Puratae caps payable unilevel team levels at seven.
Residual commissions are paid out as percentage of sales volume generated across these seven levels as follows:
- Social Partners earn 7% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Social Team Leaders earn 7% on level 1 and 6% on level 2
- Social Team Mentors earn 7% on level 1 6% on level 2 and 5% on level 3
- Social Team Influencers earn 7% on level 1 6% on level 2, 5% on level 3 and 4% on level 4
- Regional Influencers earn 7% on level 1, 6% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4 and 3% on level 5
- National Influencers earn 7% on level 1, 6% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4, 3% on level 5 and 2% on level 6
- Executive Influencers and higher earn 7% on level 1, 6% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4, 3% on level 5, 2% on level 6 and 1% on level 7
The Infinity Bonus is a generational bonus paid on unilevel team volume.
Puratae defines a generation within the unilevel team when a Presidential Influencer or higher ranked affiliate is found in a leg.
That affiliate caps off the first generation for that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If a second Presidential Influencer or higher ranked affiliate is found deeper in the leg, they cap off the second generation for that leg.
If no such affiliate exists, the second generation runs the full depth of the leg.
Note that generation calculation is made independently for each unilevel team leg.
Using this generational structure, Puratae pays the Infinity Bonus out as follows:
- Presidential Influencers receive a 1% Infinity Bonus on up to one generation per unilevel team leg
- Global Ambassadors receive a 1% Infinity Bonus on up to two generations per unilevel team leg.
Puratae pays a Matching Bonus on downline earnings.
The Matching Bonus is paid out on affiliates at the same or higher rank as the qualifying affiliate.
E.g. a Regional Influencer will earn the Matching Bonus on Regional Influencer and higher ranked affiliates in their unilevel team.
With that qualification criteria in mind, the Matching Bonus is paid on up to seven levels per unilevel team leg as follows:
- Social Team Mentors earn a 15% match on one equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg
- Social Team Influencers earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg and 10% on the second
- Regional Influencers earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg, 10% on the second and 5% on the third
- National Influencers earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg, 10% on the second and 5% on the third and fourth
- Executive Influencers earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg, 10% on the second and 5% on the third to fifth
- Presidential Influencers earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg, 10% on the second and 5% on the third to sixth
- Global Ambassadors earn a 15% match on the first equal or higher ranked affiliate per leg, 10% on the second and 5% on the third to seventh
Impact of 3 Bonus
The Impact of 3 Bonus rewards Puratae affiliates for recruiting and maintaining a downline of MLM commission qualified affiliates.
- Social Team Leaders receive $80 a month if they maintain three personally recruited MLM qualified affiliates and $500 GV in monthly downline volume
- Social Team Mentors receive $250 a month if they maintain three personally recruited Social Team Leaders and $1500 GV in monthly downline volume
- Social Team Influencers receive $1000 a month if they maintain three personally Social Team Mentors and $5000 GV a month in monthly downline volume
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline (unilevel team).
The Impact of 3 Bonus is paid out monthly, provided the rank-specific qualification criteria above is maintained.
Each Puratae affiliate is able to qualify for multiple Impact of 3 Bonuses.
This is achieved by qualifying for the Impact of 3 Bonus repeatedly, with no overlap of volume between groups of three downline teams.
Promotion Pool Bonus
The Promotional Pool Bonus rewards Puratae affiliates for generating set PV a month, along with their downline.
- generate $230 PV in a month and recruit and maintain three affiliates who do the same = 1 Promotion Pool Bonus share and one upline share
- generate $230 PV in a month and recruit and maintain six affiliates who do the same = 2 Promotion Pool Bonus shares and two upline shares
- generate $230 PV in a month and recruit and maintain nine affiliates who do the same = 3 Promotion Pool Bonus shares and three upline shares
- generate $230 PV a month and receive an additional three shares per additional group of three affiliates who also generate $230 PV a month over the first nine (no upline shares)
The Promotion Pool Bonus is a time-sensitive bonus, meaning the above qualification criteria must be met and is reset monthly.
Upline shares qualified for are given to the affiliates who recruited the affiliate qualifying for Promotion Pool Bonus shares.
All Promotion Pool Bonus shares expire after they are paid on the following month.
Note that Puratae don’t specify the source of revenue used to fund the Promotion Pool Bonus.
Puratae affiliate membership is $29.
Optional product packs available to new Puratae affiliates include:
- a Pure SuperBlend 2-Pack for $139.90 that comes with two Pure SuperBlend pouches and a shaker bottle
- a Global Pack for $230 that comes with two Pure SuperBlend pouches, four Pure SuperBlend mini pouches, a shaker bottle and free shipping
At the top of the Puratae website the words “certified pure” appear.
To that end on the “ingredients” section of their website, Puratae state they
test all raw ingredients upon arrival to ensure of their purity.
We also test upon completion to ensure our product is pure.
Our finished product is then third party tested to guarantee our product is pure, free of all allergens, and is the highest quality.
No further details are provided.
I’m certainly not doubting whether Puratae conduct the testing they claim they do.
But if they’re going to make the statement their Pure SuperBlend mix is “certified pure”, they need to provide information on who is certifying it and how exactly they’re defining “pure”.
Not so much something Puratae’s affiliates can do much about, but it was one of the first things I saw upon visiting the company’s website.
Certainly I’d be expecting concrete answers as a retail customer, given how prominently Puratae’s “certified pure” claim is displayed on their website.
With that out of the way, as someone who themselves prepares a raw ingredients shake very morning, I get the appeal of Puratae’s Pure SuperBlend drink mix.
When purchased retail Pure SuperBlend comes to $2.93 a serving (less on autoship), which I feel isn’t unreasonable weighed against alternative breakfast options.
Moving onto Puratae’s compensation plan, it’s relatively balanced between retail sales and autoship recruitment. There is however a slant towards the latter.
For some reason retail volume qualifiers exist for the Social Team Leader rank but stop thereafter. It would be nice to see retail volume qualification continue through higher ranks, as an alternative to recruitment.
The Retail Customer Sales Bonus is a great retail incentive, albeit perhaps with a tad too high bar of entry.
I don’t see why the $1000 minimum retail sales volume amount couldn’t be lowered, especially when compared to the Impact of 3 Bonus.
The Impact of 3 Bonus is strictly a recruitment orientated bonus. As opposed to having generate $1000 in personal retail sales volume, the Impact of 3 Bonus requires $70 PV a month, recruitment of three $70 a month PV affiliates and $500 in monthly downline volume.
You need to generate more in personal retail sales to qualify for a retail bonus, than you do in total downline volume to qualify for the equivalent recruitment bonus.
This is backwards focus-wise and I feel needs to be addressed.
The good news is ascertaining retail focus on a micro level is relatively easy.
What you want to see in your potential upline is them either qualifying for MLM commissions with $70 of retail sales each month, or a retail volume equivalent of whatever they’re purchasing.
You can then follow that up by asking if they’re Impact of 3 Bonus qualified (any tier), and weigh that commission volume against their personal retail sales.
Given the slant towards autoship recruitment, I’m not entirely convinced retail is strong enough within Puratae’s business model.
One final thing I want to touch on is the company’s affiliate signup page.
Upon clicking a referral link and signing up, prospective affiliates are presented with this:
The purchase of either of those packs is optional, but you wouldn’t realize it at first glance.
If you click to set the order number to 1 or 2 on either pack, you proceed to the next page.
The only way to proceed without an initial order is to click the shopping trolley icon to bring up your cart, and then “next step”.
I only found this out by accident, when I added a pack and then removed it, prompting the shopping cart to pop up automatically.
Unless Puratae are intentionally being misleading, there really needs to be a clear “Next” button representing that the pack purchases are optional.
The same problem occurs on the next page with respect to presented autoship options.
Overall there’s potential with Puratae given the targeted breakfast drink product, however fine tuning with respect to retail is something that needs to be addressed.
Approach with caution.