Navan Global Review: Trey Knight’s CBD oil MLM opp
Navan Global provides no information on its website about who owns or runs the company.
The “about us” section of Navan Global’s website reveals the company’s owners are former MLM distributors.
After 12 years in the industry, we became disenchanted with the status quo. We were tired of seeing good people, who were trying to improve their lives, being taken advantage of.
When we could no longer find a company we trusted to build a team with, we knew it was time to fix the problem and create our own.
Further research reveals an October 2019 press-release citing Trey Knight as Navan Global’s founder and CEO.
Knight (right) appears to have made a name for himself in the Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing pyramid scheme. For his efforts, Knight found himself a named defendant in a civil lawsuit against the company.
The FTC shut down FTHM in 2013, confirming the company operated as a pyramid scheme.
Knight bailed before the FTC action, joining Limu in 2011, I wasn’t able to pin down when he left.
Next up Knight served as President of Sozo Global. That lasted until Sozo Global collapsed in 2016. The company was sold off to Youngevity later that year.
There appears to be a gap in Knight’s MLM career between 2016 to late 2019, which brings us to Navan Global’s launch.
Knight is only referenced as founder and CEO of Navan Global in an April 2020 company blog post. Why executive information isn’t readily provided on Navan Global’s website is unclear.
Of note is the collective tense used in Navan Global’s “about us” page. This suggests Knight is not working alone but isn’t confirmed.
Read on for a full review of Navan Global’s MLM opportunity.
Navan Global’s Products
Navan Global markets a range of CBD and general wellness supplements.
- CBD Tincture – “a safe, non-toxic approach that has a balancing effect on the body and mind”, retails at $95 for a 1 oz bottle (30 ml)
- Daily Detox Plus – “a micronized zeolite solution that helps support the body’s ability to naturally capture and eliminate toxic heavy metals and toxins”, retails at $83.95 for a 1 oz bottle (30 ml)
- Dream – “say good-bye to sleepless nights and get your rest on”, retails at $59.95 for a 1 oz bottle (30 ml)
- Regen-X – “formulated to help boost your natural production of HGH”, retails at $110 for a 3.5 oz bottle (183.5 ml)
- Relieve – inflammation cream with “Enriched with high concentrations of CBD, Arnica, Vitamin B6, and MSM”, retails at $83.95 for a 4 oz tub (120 ml)
- Renew – “moisturizing lotion that combines high-concentration CBD with all-natural coconut oil, aloe vera, and other essential oils”, retails at $79.95 for a 2 oz tub (60 ml)
- Restore – “a powerful mixture of 92 trace minerals”, retails at $71.95 for a 1 oz bottle (30 ml)
- Bath Bombs – “soak away the stress of everyday life — while getting some much-needed natural benefits”, retails at $90.59 for a jar of six varieties
- CBD Gummies – “made with many of the same ingredients as our other CBD products, including all-natural CBD from hemp plants grown in the U.S.A with zero THC”, retails at $75.95 for a bottle of thirty gummies
Navan Global claims its CBD products
use only 100% organic hemp, grown and processed at farms and facilities in the United States.
Navan Global’s Compensation Plan
Navan Global’s compensation plan combines retail sales with rank-tied residual commissions.
Navan Global Affiliate Ranks
There are fourteen affiliate ranks within Navan Global’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Manager – generate and maintain 100 PV and 500 GV a month, and recruit and maintain two affiliates
- Director – maintain 100 PV a month, generate 1500 GV a month and maintain two personally recruited affiliates
- Executive – maintain 100 PV a month, generate 4500 GV a month and maintain two personally recruited affiliates
- Sapphire – maintain 100 PV a month, generate 10,000 GV a month and maintain two personally recruited affiliates
- Ruby – generate and maintain 200 PV and 25,000 GV a month, and recruit and maintain three affiliates
- Emerald – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 50,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 100,000 GV a month and maintain three personally recruited affiliates
- Double Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 200,000 GV a month and recruit and maintain four affiliates
- Black Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 350,000 GV a month and maintain four personally recruited affiliates
- Royal Black Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 500,000 GV a month and maintain four personally recruited affiliates
- Crown Blue Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 750,000 GV a month and recruit and maintain six affiliates
- Double Crown Blue Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 1,000,000 GV a month and maintain six personally recruited affiliates
- Triple Crown Blue Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 1,500,000 GV a month and maintain six personally recruited affiliates
- Presidential Diamond – maintain 200 PV a month, generate 2,000,000 GV a month and maintain six personally recruited affiliates
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate and their downline.
Navan Global tracks downlines via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
The maximum counted GV a month from any one unilevel leg is
- 60% for Manager and Director
- 50% for Executive and Sapphire
- 40% for Ruby and higher
Finally, in order to count towards affiliate recruitment requirements, recruited affiliates must be generating 100 PV or more a month.
Navan Global affiliates earn a 20% commission on sales to retail customers.
Navan Global ties residual commissions to affiliate rank:
- Managers earn $100 a month
- Directors earn $250 a month
- Executives earn $750 a month
- Sapphires earn $1700 a month
- Rubys earn $4000 a month
- Emeralds earn $8000 a month
- Diamonds earn $15,000 a month
- Double Diamonds earn $25,000 a month
- Black Diamonds earn $45,000 a month
- Royal Black Diamonds earn $65,000 a month
- Crown Blue Diamonds earn $90,000 a month
- Double Crown Blue Diamonds earn $120,000 a month
- Triple Crown Blue Diamonds earn $160,000 a month
- Presidential Diamonds earn $220,000 a month
Rank Achievement Bonus
Navan Global rewards affiliates for ranking up with the following one-time bonuses:
- Manager – $100 (if qualified for within first 30 days)
- Director – $300 (if qualified for within first 60 days)
- Executive – $1000
- Sapphire – $2000
- Ruby – $4000
- Emerald – $8000
- Diamond – $15,000
- Double Diamond – $25,000
- Black Diamond – $45,000
- Royal Black Diamond – $65,000
- Crown Blue Diamond – $80,000
- Double Crown Blue Diamond – $100,000
- Triple Crown Blue Diamond – $130,000
- Presidential Diamond – $200,000
For Executive through Diamond, ranks must be maintained for one month prior.
For Double Diamond and higher, ranks must be maintained for two consecutive months.
Rank Achievement Bonuses are paid out in two installments, presumably over two months.
Joining Navan Global
Navan Global affiliate membership costs between $299.95 to $999.95.
- Starter Pack – $299.95
- Business Builder Pack – $499.95
- Ultimate Builder – $999.95
The primary difference between the three options is bundled Navan Global products.
Like most of the CBD themed MLM companies that have launched over the past year, Navan Global has a “me too” vibe about it.
As I was going through the products I felt a sense of dejavu, prompting me to run a search on the following paragraph:
Our proprietary “hybrid broad-spectrum” process produces the world’s purest CBD while preserving the plant’s other valuable cannabinoids, terpenes, amino acids, and essential oils necessary to ensure the highly sought after “entourage effect.”
Sure enough that exact same copy returns over 1800 results.
Someone is white labeling CBD oil en masse and making a killing (I didn’t bother looking into it).
What I did look into was comparable pricing.
Navan Global’s CBD Tincture is 750 mg and retails for $95.
Literally the first result from the paragraph search above is for Georgetown Hemp, who sells the same product with the same spiel for $69.99.
With a product as widely available as CBD oil, you can’t afford to not be competitive. Well, at least you can’t in a retail market.
Navan Global has no retail volume qualifiers. The comp plan is built around GV, with required PV capping out at 200.
Rank-tied residual commissions have pluses and minuses. The concept is easy to grasp (get rank, get paid), but you’re also leaving volume on the table between ranks.
When you first rank-qualify you’re paid at that rank based on volume required for that rank (otherwise a company is paying on volume you haven’t generated yet).
Between that rank and the next, you’re essentially not paid on generated volume until you rank up.
At Navan Global’s higher ranks we’re talking tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands GV jumps, which adds up.
If that doesn’t bother you and you’re wanting to evaluate pyramid concerns, your best bet is asking your potential upline what percentage of their required monthly PV is attributable to retail sales.
Navan Global don’t require affiliates to purchase each month, but if that’s how PV requirements are primarily being met then there’s a problem.
Personally with Navan Global’s flagship CBD oil product being priced well above competitors, I’m not seeing retail viability.
Approach with caution.