HappyLook Review: Task-based “click a button” app Ponzi
HappyLook fails to provide ownership or executive information on its website.
HappyLook’s website domain (“hglg.net”), was privately registered on March 14th, 2023.
In an attempt to appear legitimate, HappyLook provides a Colorado incorporation certificate for “HappyLook Limited”:
Due to the ease with which scammers are able to incorporate shell companies with bogus details, for the purpose of MLM due-diligence these certificates are meaningless.
If we look at HappyLook’s website source-code we find Chinese:
This strongly suggests whoever is running HappyLook has ties to China.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
HappyLook has no retailable products or services.
Affiliates are only able to market HappyLook affiliate membership itself.
HappyLook’s Compensation Plan
HappyLook affiliates invest tether (USDT).
This is done on the promise of advertised returns:
- 1 Star – invest 50 USDT and receive up to 1.5 USDT a day for 66 days
- 2 Stars – invest 150 USDT and receive up to 4.5 USDT a day for 100 days
- 3 Stars – invest 500 USDT and receive up to 15 USDT a day for 133 days
- 4 Stars – invest 1500 USDT and receive up to 45 USDT a day for 166 days
HappyLook pays referral commissions down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 8% to 25%
- level 2 – 4%
- level 3 – 2%
Level 1 referral commissions are variable subject to the following criteria:
- invest at 3 Stars or higher and recruit one affiliate to qualify for 8% (40 USDT bonus for qualifying)
- maintain a 3 Stars or higher investment and recruit two affiliates to qualify for 12% (60 USDT bonus for qualifying)
- maintain a 3 Stars or higher investment and recruit three affiliates to qualify for 16% (90 USDT bonus for qualifying)
- maintain a 3 Stars or higher investment and recruit four affiliates to qualify for 20% (100 USDT bonus for qualifying)
- maintain a 3 Stars or higher investment and recruit five affiliates to qualify for 25% (125 USDT bonus for qualifying)
HappyLook’s marketing material suggests recruited affiliates must invest at 3 Stars or higher to qualify.
HappyLook affiliate membership is free.
Full participation in the attached income opportunity requires a minimum 50 USDT investment.
HappyLook is yet another “click a button” app Ponzi scheme.
HappyLook’s “click a button” Ponzi ruse is having investors perform various busybody tasks:
Broken down, HappyLook’s ruse sees affiliates log in, perform arbitrary tasks and click a button after. The more a HappyLook affiliate invests the more they have to click the button.
This button clicking purportedly generates revenue for HappyLook.
If that makes no sense it’s because it doesn’t. Randoms doing arbitrary tasks and clicking a button doesn’t generate revenue.
In reality clicking a button inside HappyLook does nothing. All HappyLook does is recycle newly invested funds to pay earlier investors.
HappyLook is part of a group of “click a button” app Ponzis that have emerged since late 2021.
Including HappyLook, BehindMLM has thus far documented eighty-nine “click a button” app Ponzis. Most of them last a few weeks to a few months before collapsing.
“Click a button” app Ponzis disappear by disabling both their websites and app. This tends to happen without notice, leaving the majority of investors with a loss (inevitable Ponzi math).
The same group of Chinese scammers are believed to be behind the “click a button” app Ponzi plague.