eXfuze Review: Multi-botanical beverages
eXfuze launched in early 2008 and are based out of Florida in the US. The company is headed up by Co-founder and Chairman, Rick Cotton.
On his eXfuze corporate bio, Cotton (bottom right) is credited with having
involvement of nearly 10 years abroad with a non-profit ministry developing businesses and programs to benefit the mission, and overseeing all Latin American operations.
Rick Cotton has served in more than 10 countries and has a strong command of culture, language and international business.
On the MLM side of things, I’m not sure if it’s the same guy but a Rick Cotton was President of something called “Viva Toxic Free”. I wasn’t really able to find out much on that opportunity, other than it seems to have been active between 2007 and 2011.
Like eXfuze, Viva Toxic Free was also based out of Florida however there’s not a whole lot of information out there on it. Possibly just a co-incidence, a charity division of eXfuze appears on the company website by the name of VivaKids. Rick Cotton is credited on the page as being the co-founder of VivaKids.
I wasn’t able to get any further information on the VivaKids Foundation as the website was not responsive at the of publication.
In any case, other than possibly being involved in Viva Toxic Free, Rick Cotton doesn’t appear to have any other history within the MLM industry.
Read on for a full review of the eXfuze MLM business opportunity.
The eXfuze Product Line
eXfuze operate in the energy and nutrition MLM niche, marketing a range of what they refer to as “multi-botanical” beverages.
Seven+ Classic is eXfuze’s flagship product and is
a proprietary blend of seven of the world’s most legendary, nutrient-rich botanical extracts, enhanced with the Chaperone Molecule, which is capable of carrying a higher percentage of vital nutrients to the desired locations in the body.
eXfuze has combined the powerful nutrition of these seven superfoods (also known as functional foods) with four other potent ingredients known as the PLUS factor of Seven+.
These four ingredients (pomegranate, wild blueberries, Aloe Vera and Concord grapes) are renowned for their antioxidant properties.
Other eXfuze products include:
- Seven+ PROformance is a ‘botanical supplement that contains a rare and exotic adaptogenic stress-relieving combination of Eleutherococcus and Astragalus‘
- Seven+ Premium Focus is ‘designed to enhance the brain’s cognitive abilities in the areas of memory, mental clarity and focus‘
- Greenzilla is “natural water” based weight-loss and appetite suppressant
- Shapeway “meal replacement” shake powder
- a series of extracts including noni, gac, mangosteen, acai, goji, seabuckthorn, brown seaweed and “water of life”
The eXfuze Compensation Plan
The eXfuze compensation plan provides affiliates with retail (preferred customer) commissions, a Fast Start Bonus, residual commissions via a binary compensation several other incentives and bonuses.
Preferred Customer Commissions
eXFuze offer retail commissions on all their products when affiliates sell them preferred customers.
A preferred customer is a retail customer (non-affiliate) who agrees to sign up for a monthly autoship order.
For every bottle of Seven+ Classic and Seven+ PROformance sold to preferred customers, the affiliate who introduced them to the product receives a $10 commission.
12.5 points of Product Volume (PV) and Business Volume (BV) is also credited to the affiliate, with the BV going towards the affiliate’s lesser binary leg (see “binary commissions” section of this review below).
In order to qualify for commissions other than those earned on preferred customer order, an eXfuze affiliate must maintain a minimum monthly autoship order of 100 PV.
This PV can be generated via sales of eXfuze products to customers, or via an affiliate’s own purchase of 100 PV or more of product.
Affiliate Membership Ranks
There are thirteen affiliate membership ranks with eXfuze and, along with their respective qualification criteria they are as follows:
- Affiliate – maintain 10 PV a month (not eligible for binary commissions)
- Pro – maintain 100 PV a month and have two Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Pro 300 – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 300 BV a month in your lesser binary leg and have two Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Pro 700 – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 600 BV a month in your lesser binary leg and have two Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Bronze – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 2000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg and have two Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Silver – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 3000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg and have three Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Gold – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg and have four Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Pearl – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 10,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 5000 GV from any one leg) for two consecutive weeks and have five Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Ruby – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 15,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 7500 GV from any one leg) for two consecutive weeks and have six Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Emerald – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 20,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 10,000 GV from any one leg) for three consecutive weeks and have seven Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Diamond – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 25,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 12,500 GV from any one leg) for four consecutive weeks and have seven Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Caribbean – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 75,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 25,000 GV from any one leg) for four consecutive weeks and have seven Pro 300 qualified unilevel legs
- Pearl Ambassador – maintain 100 PV a month, generate at least 5000 BV a month in your lesser binary leg, generate at least 150,000 GV total in your unilevel team (no more than 37,500 GV from any one leg) for four consecutive weeks and have seven Pro 700 qualified unilevel legs
Note that a Pro 300 and Pro 700 qualified unilevel leg is a leg in an affiliate’s unilevel team that has a commission qualified Pro 300 or Pro 700 affiliate in it respectively.
Fast Start Bonus
When an affiliate recruits a new affiliate who signs up with an Upgrade Pak, they earn a Fast Start Bonus.
As eXfuze do not provide the cost of these Upgrade Paks on their website, I’m unable to provide any further information on the Fast Start Bonus.
Fast Start Match
If an affiliate is generating at least 200 PV a month, they qualify for a Fast Start Match. The Fast Start Match is a matching bonus paid out on the Fast Start Bonus commissions earnt by any affiliate they’ve personally recruited.
How much of a percentage of the Fast Start Bonus is paid out as a matching bonus can vary, as it is ‘determined by eXfuze and may be subject to change‘.
Residual monthly commissions are paid out in eXfuze using a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of the structure, with two positions directly under them:
These two positions form the start of two legs, with the volume generated by the lesser leg being used to calculate an affiliate’s residual commission each month.
Commissions are paid out at a rate of $30 per every 300 BV generated by an affiliate’s weaker leg. Volume is matched against the stronger leg with any leftover volume carrying over to the following month.
Note that in order to qualify for binary commissions, an affiliate must have personally recruited at least one commissions qualified (100 PV a month) eXfuze affiliate in both their left and right binary legs.
Additionally, eXfuze cap binary commissions according to an affiliate’s own membership rank:
- Affiliate – N/A
- Pro – N/A
- Pro 300 – N/A
- Pro 700 – N/A
- Bronze – $1500
- Silver – $2000
- Gold – $3000
- Pearl – $5000
- Ruby – $7500
- Emerald, Diamond and Caribbean – $10,000
- Pearl Ambassador – $12,500
Chairman’s Pro Bonus
I’m not sure what the Chairman’s Pro Bonus is as the eXfuze compensation plan states
The structure of this bonus is to promote optimum balance in the compensation plan. For details on the current Chairman’s Pro Bonus, visit the eXfuze.com Opportunity section.
However no such section exists on the eXfuze website (at least not publicly).
Director Check Match Pool
The Director Check Match Pool offers affiliates a check match on the binary commissions earnt by those they’ve personally recruited (their direct downline).
The Director Check Match Pool is paid out using a unilevel compensation structure, with affiliates able to earn commissions down seven generations deep.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of the structure, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1).
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates of their own, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliates, structure. If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth.
The Director Check Match Pool is paid out according to generations, with each unilevel leg being qualified individually when one “Director” ranked affiliate exists within it.
A generation is defined as all affiliates between the Director ranked affiliate and the affiliate whose downline it is.
Eg. if the Director ranked affiliate falls on level 3, all affiliates in that particular leg on levels 2 and 1 will count as a generation and pay out a Director Check Match.
In this manner an affiliate can qualify on up to seven generations in any one unilevel leg. How much of a percentage the Director Check Match pays out is a “floating percentage”, using any BV not paid out elsewhere in the compensation plan (up to 55% of the monthly global BV generated by affiliates).
eXfuze reward their “Elite Director” ranked affiliates (Ruby or above) with a series of VIP getaways, ranging from a holiday in Florida with eXfuze’s executive staff to “monumental adventures” in “some of the world’s most luxurious destinations”.
Standard affiliate membership to eXfuze is $40, with an optional purchase of an “Upgrade Pak”.
eXfuze do not disclose the cost of these Upgrade Paks in their compensation plan or anywhere that is publicly accessible on their company website.
eXfuze have an easily retailable product line however retail commissions (outside of preferred customer orders) aren’t mentioned anywhere in the eXfuze compensation plan material.
This is concerning because each affiliate is given a replicated eXfuze storefront so quite obviously retail commissions exist, yet there doesn’t seem to be much emphasis placed on them.
Another red flag is the lack of public disclosure on what the Upgrade Paks cost for newly recruited affiliates. This wouldn’t be an issue however with the Fast Start Bonus paying out a direct commission on the purchase of an Upgrade Pak by a newly recruited affiliate, the information is crucial to prospective affiliates.
On the topic of the Fast Start Bonus, given it’s tied into the purchase of an Upgrade Pak which is only purchaseable once by newly recruited affiliates, it brings eXfuze into a bit of a grey area.
On one hand the Upgrade Paks are product sales, yet they are only available to newly recruited affiliates. When combined with a monthly autoship, the possibility is there to just focus on recruiting new affiliates, getting them to purchase an Upgrade Pak and then whack them on monthly autoship.
When you consider restrictions on residual binary earnings to Bronze ranked affiliates or higher, the lack of focus and clarification on retail customer sales does lead itself to a focus on affiliates and monthly autoship orders.
The preferred customer commissions are a step in the right direction but at least some mention of retail commissions needs to be made in the eXfuze compensation plan material. As it stands now there’s far too much focus on affiliate orders and autoship.
Disclosing the cost of eXfuze products on the website to the general public woudn’t hurt either, as prospective retail customers can’t even access the store and prices without an affiliate’s referral code.
One neat thing I liked in the eXfuze compensation plan was the creation of an “affiliate” class. I don’t think it costs anything to become an affiliate, however they still earn “up to 25%” on the product orders of other affiliates they recruit, as well as earning a Fast Start Bonus on any distributors they recruit too. I thought this was a nice touch to get a feel for the business and how the products fare within the marketplace.
I’d definitely recommend trying eXfuze’s products first before jumping in as a distributor, as, even though the cost isn’t disclosed on the website I’m tipping it’s on the expensive’ish side of things with eXfuze paying a $10 + binary volume commission per bottle sold to preferred customers.
Also it’s probably worth checking out how many affiliates on autoship your potential upline has versus retail/preferred customer volume each month.
A majority of affiliate autoship revenue might be problematic in that it reveals a lack of retail activity within the company, and pretty much guarantees that you’ll have to focus on recruiting new affiliates if you want to generate any substantial income as an eXfuze affiliate.
On the other hand if retail and preferred customer volume is dominant (which it should at the upper levels of the affiliate ranks), and after testing them you think you’ve got a shot at marketing the eXfuze product line – you might have just found your new MLM home.