Orbit9x Review: E-magazine subscription investment
There is no information on the Orbit9x website indicating who owns or runs the business.
The company website does have a “corporate” section, however no actual information about Orbit9x’s corporate management team is provided.
The Orbit9x website domain (“orbit9x.com”) was registered on the 22nd of May 2013, however the domain registration is set to private.
An address in Mumbai, India is provided on the Orbit9x website, however other than suggesting the company is being run out of India, didn’t lead anywhere.
As always, if a MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
The Orbit9x Product Line
There are no retailable products or services listed on the Orbit9x website.
A few snippets of information pertaining to digital marketing and lead generation are scattered across the Orbit9x website, however nothing pertaining to an actual product or service that can be marketed to retail customers.
The Orbit9x Compensation Plan
The Orbit9x compensation plan is not provided to the general public on their website.
As such, the following analysis has been put together via information obtained from various Orbit9x affiliate presentations.
The Orbit9x compensation plan revolves around affiliates signing up and paying a subscription fee. The company claims this is for an “e-magazine” subscription.
- Starter (8 week subscription) – Rs. 300 ($4.80 USD)
- Standard (52 week subscription) – Rs. 3000 ($48 USD)
- Executive (52 week subscription) – Rs. 9000 ($145 USD)
- Premium (52 week subscription) – Rs. 24,000 ($388 USD)
- Ultra Premium (52 week subscription) – Rs. 49,000 ($793 USD)
Within the context of the e-magazine subscriptions, the difference between the 52 week subscriptions is the purchase of additional subscriptions:
- Standard – one 52 week subscription
- Executive – two 52 week subscriptions
- Premium – three 52 week subscriptions
- Ultra Premium – four 52 week subscriptions
Orbit9x offer ROIs on investment in one of their offered subscriptions.
This is done via “loyalty points”, with one point advertised as being equal to Rs. 20 ($0.32 USD).
Points are awarded to Orbit9x affiliates weekly, with how many points awarded determined by how many subscriptions an Orbit9x affiliate has invested in:
- Starter – no points awarded
- Standard – 9 points a week (Rs. 180 or $2 USD)
- Executive – 30 points a week (Rs. 600 or $9 USD)
- Premium – 82.5 points a week (Rs. 1650 or $26 USD)
- Ultra Premium – 187.5 points a week (Rs. 3750 or $60 USD)
Points are awarded at the Standard to Ultra Premium investment levels for 52 weeks.
Orbit9x affiliates are awarded points for recruiting new affiliates and getting to to invest in subscriptions. This is done via a 4×7 matrix.
A 4×7 matrix places an affiliate at the top of the matrix, with four positions directly under them (level 1):
Each of these first four positions branches out into another four positions each to create level 2 of the matrix. This process repeats itself to create level 3, and so on and so forth down a total of seven matrix levels.
Filled positions in the matrix represent recruited affiliates who have invested in at least one Standard to Ultra Premium subscription.
These affiliates can be recruited directly, or in directly via the recruitment efforts of an Orbit9x affiliate’s upline and downline.
Points are awarded monthly per position filled in the matrix, with how many specific points awarded per position depending on what level a position is filled on:
- levels 1 and 2 – 3 points per position filled
- levels 3 to 5 – 1.5 points per position filled
- levels 6 and 7 – 3 points per position filled
Residual commissions in Orbit9x are paid out using a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of two binary sides, left and right:
Positions in the binary represent e-magazine subscriptions, with each subscription allocated a specific amount of Business Volume (BV):
- BV amounts
BV volume is tracked on either side of the binary, with commissions paid when 50 BV is matched on either side.
For each 50 BV matched, an Orbit9x affiliate is awarded 25 loyalty points.
Note that once BV on either side of the binary has been matched, it cannot be used again.
The amount of points an Orbit9x affiliate can match between their binary teams daily is capped, based on how much money they have invested in a subscription(s):
- Standard – 500 points daily
- Executive – 750 points daily
- Premium – 1000 points daily
- Ultra Premium – 1250 points daily
Binary Matching Bonus
Upon the following total points matched milestones being reached between an affiliate’s two binary sides, the following amounts of loyalty points are awarded:
- 400 points matched – 200 bonus points
- 800 points matched – 400 bonus points
- 1600 points matched – 800 bonus points
- 3200 points matched – 1600 bonus points
- 6400 points matched – 3200 bonus points
- 12,800 points matched – 6400 bonus points
- 25,600 points matched – 12,800 bonus points
- 51,200 points matched – 25,600 bonus points
Another bonus is available, awarding points based on an Orbit9x affiliate’s personal recruitment efforts:
- 7200 BV generated on either side of the binary nine times – 10,000 bonus points
- 12,800 BV generated on either side of the binary eight times – 15,000 bonus points
- 22,400 BV generated on either side of the binary seven times – 20,000 bonus points
- 38,400 BV generated on either side of the binary six times – 25,000 bonus points
- 64,000 BV generated on either side of the binary five times – 30,000 bonus points
- 102,400 BV generated on either side of the binary four times – 35,000 bonus points
- 153,600 BV generated on either side of the binary three times – 250,000 bonus points
- 204,800 BV generated on either side of the binary two times – 500,000 bonus points
Affiliate membership with Orbit9x is tied to investment in one of their offered subscriptions:
- Starter – Rs. 300 ($4.80 USD)
- Standard – Rs. 3000 ($48 USD)
- Executive – Rs. 9000 ($145 USD)
- Premium – Rs. 24,000 ($388 USD)
- Ultra Premium – Rs. 49,000 ($793 USD)
Note that with the exception of the Starter subscription, the other four subscriptions are recurring annual subscriptions.
Loyalty points cannot be put towards subscription renewals.
Under the guise of offering an e-magazine nobody outside of Orbit9x cares about, the company offers up a 52 week Ponzi investment scheme.
The Starter subscription is a marketing tool, existing only so that prospective investors can pay a token fee and receive a PDF magazine. The magazine itself is likely put together by some hack, featuring rewritten articles (or just blatantly stolen) from content sourced elsewhere.
In any event, Orbit9x’s e-magazine is inconsequential to the sustainability of the business. This is evident in the fact that Orbit9x affiliates are able to purchase in up to 12 subscriptions of the one magazine at any given time.
Instead, Orbit9x’s sustainability relies on a constant influx of affiliate investment and re-investment in subscriptions.
Orbit9x only accept real money for subscription investment positions, recycling newly invested funds to pay off existing investors.
The loyalty points inbetween only serve as a virtual inhouse currency, adding a layer of obfuscation to what is otherwise a cash ROI paid out weekly.
Bonuses paid out via the binary add a recruitment aspect to the scheme, pegged to new recruits investing in subscriptions.
A “pay to play” element also exists in the binary-side of the compensation plan, with how much an affiliate invests directly effecting the amount of points they are awarded each week.
All in all, there’s no retail activity taking place n Orbit9x, with affiliates only investing in subscription on the promise of advertised ROIs, paid out of newly invested affiliate funds.
As with all Ponzi schemes, once affiliate investment dries up, Orbit9x will find itself unable to meet its weekly ROI liabilities.
Due to the annual maturity nature of Orbit9x’s subscription, affiliates are unlikely to see the inevitable collapse coming.
Things slowing down in the binary will indicate a lack of new funds flowing in, but otherwise it’s probably going to be a case of all of sudden Orbit9x stop paying out the weekly ROIs.
At that point the anonymous admin does a runner, leaving anyone who invested in Orbit9x who didn’t recoup their initial investment out of pocket.