NuYugen Review: CBD and cannabinoid herbal blends
The NuYugen website contains no information about who owns or runs the company.
In fact, as I write this NuYugen are expecting people to sign up without disclosing any information about what it is they’re signing up to.
Further research reveals NuYugen marketing material identifying Richard Sharp as CEO of the company.
Why executive information, along with at least basic product info, is not provided on the NuYugen website is unclear.
As far as I can tell, Richard Sharp (right) has no prior MLM executive experience.
Sharp’s NuYugen corporate bio identifies him as editor of “The Hemp News” website and an ‘authority on hemp-derived CBD‘.
Note that as at the time of publication, The Hemp News website appears to be defunct.
Read on for a full review of the NuYugen MLM opportunity.
According to their marketing material, NuYugen markets
health and wellness products formulated with full plant extracts including; adaptogens, antioxidants, CBD and other cannabinoids derived from hemp.
NuYugen’s flagship product is “Soulera”, a combination of cannabinoids and a blend of herbs.
Herbs in NuYugen’s Soulera product include
- viburnum sargentii
- mountain ash
- rhaponticum carthamoides
- rhodiola rosea
- schizandra chinensis
- aralia mandshurica
- Chinese licorice and
Soulera is marketed as an “anti-stress” oral supplement. A 10 oz. bottle of Soulera liquid retails at $49.99.
Soulera with CBD retails at $89.99 a bottle.
Other products I’ve seen mentioned are “Lera CBD” and “Lera Blend”, however no information on either appears to be available yet.
The NuYugen Compensation Plan
The NuYugen compensation plan rewards affiliates with two-tier residual unilevel commissions.
Additional performance-based bonuses are also available.
NuYugen Affiliate Ranks
There are nine affiliate ranks within the NuYugen compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Affiliate – sign up as a NuYugen affiliate
- Consultant – generate and maintain 90 PV a month and 250 GV
- Director – maintain 90 PV a month and 700 GV (no more than 80% from any one unilevel leg)
- Executive – maintain 90 PV a month and 2000 GV (no more than 75% from any one unilevel leg)
- Bronze – maintain 90 PV a month and 5000 GV (no more than 70% from any one unilevel leg)
- Silver – maintain 90 PV a month and 10,000 GV (no more than 65% from any one unilevel leg)
- Gold – maintain 90 PV a month and 25,000 GV (no more than 60% from any one unilevel leg)
- Platinum – maintain 90 PV a month and 50,000 GV (no more than 55% from any one unilevel leg)
- Diamond – maintain 90 PV a month and 100,000 GV (no more than 50% from any one unilevel leg)
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate’s downline.
NuYugen affiliates are paid a 20% commission on products ordered by retail customers.
When a new affiliate is recruited, NuYugen pay a 20% Mentor Bonus on any products ordered by the new affiliate during their first 28 days.
NuYugen pay residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
Residual commissions are generated via retail orders and purchases by affiliates within the unilevel team.
During a NuYugen affiliate’s first 28 days with the company, residual commissions are paid down seven levels of the unilevel team:
- Affiliates receive 20% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Consultants receive 20% on level 1 and 10% on level 2
- Directors receive 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2 and 5% on level 3
- Executives receive 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on level 3 and 4% on level 4
- Bronzes receive 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4 and 3% on level 5
- Silvers receive 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4, 3% on level 5 and 2% on level 6
- Golds and higher receive 20% on level 1, 10% on level 2, 5% on level 3, 4% on level 4, 3% on level 5, 2% on level 6 and 1% on level 7
After 28 residual commissions are paid down nine unilevel team levels;
- Affiliates receive 9% on level 1
- Consultants receive 9% on level 1 and 8% on level 2
- Directors receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2 and 7% on level 3
- Executives receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3 and 6% on level 4
- Bronzes receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3, 6% on level 4 and 5% on level 5
- Silvers receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3, 6% on level 4, 5% on level 5 and 4% on level 6
- Golds receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3, 6% on level 4, 5% on level 5, 4% on level 6 and 3% on level 7
- Platinums receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3, 6% on level 4, 5% on level 5, 4% on level 6, 3% on level 7 and 2% on level 8
- Diamonds receive 9% on level 1, 8% on level 2, 7% on level 3, 6% on level 4, 5% on level 5, 4% on level 6, 3% on level 7, 2% on level 8 and 1% on level 9
Rank Achievement Bonus
NuYugen reward affiliates who qualify at the Executive and higher ranks with the following Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- Executive (must have 500 GV outside largest leg) – $100
- Bronze (must have 1500 GV outside largest leg) – $250
- Silver (must have 3500 GV outside largest leg) – $500
- Gold (must have 10,000 GV outside largest leg) – $1000
- Platinum (must have 25,000 GV outside largest leg) – $2500
- Diamond (must have 50,000 GV outside largest leg) – $5000
Monthly Lifestyle Bonus
Gold and higher ranked NuYugen affiliates receive a Monthly Lifestyle Bonus based on rank:
- Golds receive $500 a month
- Platinums receive $750 a month
- Diamonds receive $1000 a month
Leadership Bonus Pool
Each month NuYugen take 5% of company-wide sales and place it into three Leadership Bonus Pools (one 3% pool and two smaller 1% pools).
The pools correspond to Gold, Platinum and Diamond rank.
Ranked affiliates receive an equal share in their applicable pool(s) as follows:
- Golds receive a share in the 3% pool
- Platinums receive a share in the 3% pool and one of the 1% pools
- Diamonds receive a share in the 3% pool and one in each 1% pool
Annual Leadership Rewards Trip
Specifics of an annual trip awarded to Gold Platinum and Diamond affiliates aren’t available.
The NuYugen compensation plan only states:
Qualifying Gold, Platinum and Diamond Members will enjoy an annual rewards trip to new and exciting exotic locations.
NuYuGen affiliate membership is $39 a year.
NuYugen combine a targeted product line-up with a basic yet effective compensation plan.
NuYugen’s products are formulated around CBD and cannabinoids, with the “hook” being the combination herb blend.
One weak point of marketing a stress reliever is that stress is relative to the individual.
This might pose a challenge with respect to marketing NuYugen’s products. And of course there’s the general stigma of any product that has CBD and/or cannabinoids in it.
That sigma is lessening as legalization spreads in the US, but it’s still something to consider.
As a potential affiliate you’ll probably want to brush up on how to answer questions relating to CBD and cannabinoids in NuYugen products.
And if the company is smart this is something they’ll have already factored into their affiliate support channels.
Moving onto the compensation plan, the only qualifiers for commissions are PV and GV.
PV can be self-purchased (Soulera CBD @ $89.99). Regular Soulera only generates 50 PV though so retail sales are required to meet that quota.
The 22.5% discount did initially set off alarm bells, but that was before I realized it’s only applied to affiliate orders over an initial 90 PV or more monthly order.
If an affiliate is ordering more than 90 PV a month, there’s nothing wrong with that – provided they’re making at least the equivalent in retail sales.
If NuYugen bumped the required PV to around 180 for Executives and higher, requiring at least 50% retail volume to qualify for commissions, I think that’d gone a long way towards retail compliance.
Perhaps even increase the retail PV requirement for higher ranks. If you’ve made it to Director and higher and can’t even sell one bottle of NuYugen’s Soulera CBD, MLM is probably not for you.
Pending that change, the best you can do is ask your potential upline how they’re qualifying on their 90 PV each month.
If it’s their own order, that’s fine but be sure to ask how much equivalent retail PV they’ve generated over the past few months.
If there isn’t any PV, feel free to query why – but more importantly take it as a sign recruitment might be the focus over retail sales.
In addition to the compliance issues this raises, might be worth asking “why” considering NuYugen has a product that can be retailed.
Also as I mentioned stress is a relative term, so it perhaps wouldn’t hurt to trial one of NuYugen’s product(s) for at least a few weeks to gain some personal experience with it/them.