LitUpp Review: €197 EUR video-based personal development courses
LitUpp operate in the personal development MLM niche and claim to be ‘located in the heart of London‘.
The company is headed up by CEO and Founder, Kjenneth Holm. On Twitter Holm cites his location as Copenhagen, Denmark.
A Facebook page for “LitUpp Development A/S” also cites a location in Copenhagen, Denmark. On Instagram Holm claims he’s the founder of LitUpp development A/S.
Whether LitUpp is run out of the UK or Denmark however is unclear, but at least as far as management goes it appears to be based out of Denmark.
Elsewhere on the internet Holm (right) is described as an “entrepeneur and speaker”.
LitUpp itself provides no specific information on Holm or his purported business past.
Possibly due to language-barriers, I myself was unable to find any further information.
This puts a big question mark over Holm and his team’s MLM executive credentials.
Read on for a full review of the LitUpp MLM opportunity.
LitUpp market a personal development course they call “Wealth”.
Authored by Marcus De Maria, the Wealth course consists of 43 videos (over 4 hours) of content.
Marcus has 20+ years experience creating new opportunities and new businesses as an entrepreneur, trader and investor.
These 43 videos are categorized as
- What’s holding you back? (14 videos)
- What is money? (6 videos)
- Your financial vision and purpose (7 videos)
- Plan for wealth (3 videos)
- Financial concepts (8 videos)
- Your team (5 videos)
De Maria is from Norway and appears to be a fairly well-known speaker, primarily known for holding investment advice and trading seminars.
The Wealth course costs €197 EUR.
Other courses presented on the LitUpp website include People (Christopher Barrat) and Mindfulness (Henning Daverne).
Both People and Mindfulness are advertised as “coming this summer…”
The LitUpp Compensation Plan
LitUpp pay affiliates to sell their personal development courses to retail customers.
Residual commissions are paid down four-levels of a unilevel team, which is extended out through an Infinity Generation Bonus.
LitUpp Affiliate Ranks
There are thirteen affiliate ranks within the LitUpp compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Ambassador – sign up as a LitUpp affiliate
- Bronze – generate 200 PV and 500 GV a month
- Silver – generate 250 PV and 800 GV a month (no more than 400 GV from any one unilevel leg)
- Gold – generate 350 PV and 1000 GV a month (no more than 750 GV from any one unilevel leg)
- Ruby – generate 400 PV and 2500 GV a month (no more than 1250 GV from any one unilevel leg) and have 1 Builder leg
- Emerald – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 4000 GV a month (no more than 2000 GV from any one unilevel leg) and have 2 Builder legs
- Sapphire – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 7000 GV a month (no more than 3500 GV from any one unilevel leg) and have 3 Builder legs
- Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 12,000 GV a month (no more than 6000 GV from any one unilevel leg), have 2 Builder legs and personally recruit and maintain at least one Sapphire or higher ranked affiliate
- Double Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 30,000 GV a month (no more than 15,000 GV from any one unilevel leg), maintain 1 Builder leg and personally recruit and maintain at least two Sapphire or higher ranked affiliates
- Triple Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 75,000 GV a month (no more than 37,500 GV from any one unilevel leg) and personally recruit and maintain at least three Sapphire or higher ranked affiliates
- Red Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 200,000 GV a month (no more than 100,000 GV from any one unilevel leg), maintain at least two Sapphire or higher ranked affiliates, personally recruit and maintain at least two Diamond Influencer ranked affiliates and be NewGenQ qualified
- Blue Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 500,000 GV a month (no more than 250,000 GV from any one unilevel leg), personally recruit and maintain at least three Sapphire or higher ranked affiliates and at least two Double Diamond Influencer or higher ranked affiliates and be NewGenQ qualified
- Black Diamond Influencer – maintain 400 PV a month and generate 1,500,000 GV a month (no more than 750,000 GV from any one unilevel leg), personally recruit and maintain at least four Sapphire or higher ranked affiliates and at least two Triple Diamond Influencer or higher ranked affiliates and be NewGenQ qualified
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own purchases.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is PV generated by an affiliate’s downline.
A Builder leg is a personally recruited MLM commission qualified affiliate with a downline generating at least 1000 GV a month.
To be NewGenQ qualified a Red Diamond Influencer or higher ranked affiliate must have had a personally recruited affiliate qualify for the first time at the Sapphire rank within the last twelve months.
LitUpp affiliates must generate at least 100 PV a month in retail sales.
How much of a retail commission is earned is determined by total retail order volume for the month:
- generate 100 to 199 retail PV = 5%
- generate 200 to 399 retail PV = 10%
- generate 400 to 599 retail PV = 15%
- generate 600 to 999 retail PV = 25%
- generate 1000 PV or more = 30%
MLM Commission Qualification
To qualify for MLM commissions a LitUpp affiliate must be “active”.
To be maintain active status an affiliate must generate at least 200 PV a month.
LitUpp pay residual commissions via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
LitUpp cap payable unilevel levels at four.
Affiliates are paid a percentage on sales on each of the four levels based on rank:
- Bronze – 3% on level 1 (personally recruited affiliates)
- Silver – 5% on level 1
- Gold -7% on level 1 and 2% on level 2
- Ruby – 8% on level 1 and 4% on level 2
- Emerald – 9% on level 1, 5% on level 2 and 2% on level 3
- Sapphire – 10% on level 1, 7% on level 2, 4% on level 3 and 2% on level 4
- Diamond Influencer and higher – 10% on level 1, 7% on level 2, 5% on level 3 and 4% on level 4
Through the same unilevel team residual commissions are paid with, a LitUpp affiliate can earn a Generation Bonus down a theoretical infinite number of levels in each unilevel leg.
A generation in the LitUpp compensation plan is defined when a Sapphire or higher ranked affiliate is found in a unilevel leg.
This affiliate caps off the first generation in that leg, with the second beginning immediately after.
If another Sapphire or higher ranked affiliate exists in the leg, they cap off the second generation. The third generation begins immediately after.
Using this generational structure, a LitUpp affiliate can earn on up to five generations plus an infinity bonus on each leg in their unilevel team as follows:
- Diamond Influencer – 2% on the first generation
- Double Diamond Influencer – 3% on the first generation and 2% on the second
- Triple Diamond Influencer – 3% on the first and second generations and 2% on the third
- Red Diamond Influencer – 3% on the first to third generations and 2% on the fourth
- Blue Diamond Influencer – 3% on the first to fourth generations and 2% on the fifth
- Black Diamond Influencer – 3% on the first to fifth generations and a 0.5% Infinity Bonus
The Infinity Bonus pays out beyond the fifth generation in a unilevel leg to an unlimited depth.
3 Month Building Bonus
The 3 Month Building Bonus rewards new LitUpp affiliates for hitting rank and volume milestones in their first three months.
- generate 400 PV and qualify as Bronze in your joining month and first month = €50 EUR bonus
- generate 500 PV and qualify as Silver in your second month = €50 EUR bonus
- generate 600 PV and qualify as Gold in your third month = €100 EUR bonus
Direct upline’s receive a 100% matching bonus if personally recruited affiliates qualify for month 3 of the 3 Month Building Bonus.
Rank Achievement Bonus
LitUpp pay affiliates a one-time Rank Achievement Bonus when they qualify at the Sapphire and higher ranks.
- Sapphire = €500 EUR (€500 EUR match for direct upline)
- Diamond Influencer = €1000 EUR paid over two months
- Double Diamond Influencer = €2000 EUR paid over three months
- Triple Diamond Influencer = €4000 EUR paid over four months
- Red Diamond Influencer = €8000 EUR paid over six months
- Blue Diamond Influencer = €20,000 EUR paid over nine months
- Black Diamond Influencer = 50,000 EUR paid over twelve months
LitUpp affiliate membership is €197 EUR and then €19.70 EUR a month.
I think the biggest challenge for LitUpp affiliates is going to be convincing people their courses are worth €197.
While each of the featured speakers have established reputations within the personal development circuit, I’m not sure if they’re well-known enough to build a sustainable business around.
LitUpp retail customers pay a one-time fee which grants them access to the selected course. That means affiliates are going to have to find new customers each month to maintain PV requirements.
Assuming $197 per course is ~200 PV, the 400 PV a month rank qualification cap works out to two new customer sales a month.
Great if you can make it happen but otherwise I think this is going to be a struggle for most people.
Otherwise the LitUpp compensation plan is solid enough. An affiliate’s own course purchases will generate initial PV but beyond that they have to work retail sales or they’re not getting paid.
This trickles down to their team, who must also make retail sales to get paid and build group volume.
Execution wise I can’t fault LitUpp, I’m just not convinced there’ll be enough demand for their courses.