BizzTrek Review: Amazon Prime knockoff pyramid scheme
BizzTrek’s website provides no information about who owns or runs the company.
The BizzTrek website domain (“bizztrek.com”) was privately registered on August 2nd, 2018.
BizzTrek provides multiple office locations on their website, all of which are virtual addresses.
The only “team member” listed on BizzTrek’s official Facebook page is Chief Marketing Officer Ababil Sher.
Sher is based out of the UK and on Twitter describes himself as a “cerebral shapeshifter”.
Whether Sher is working alone or with others to run BizzTrek is unclear.
Update 8th May 2019 – Ababil Sher has been in touch and claims he’s “no longer working with BizzTrek”.
Even though they had me down as their ‘Chief Marketing Officer’, I never took on the role in an official capacity.
I was actually working with them as a marketing consultant doing their videos and presentations, but when they launched on March 24th, I pulled out.
Sher didn’t provide a reason as to why he “pulled out”.
Sher claims that BizzTrek is run by three co-founders; Rehan Gohar, Rizwan Gohar (brothers) and Gurpreet Dhaliwal.
All three BizzTrek co-founders appear to be based out of the UK. /end update
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
BizzTrek runs an online business directory and e-commerce portal. There is also a third-party cashback service available for UK members and affiliates.
Free BizzTrek members get access to the online business directory.
Prime BizzTrek affiliates pay €25 EUR a month to be able to sell products on the e-commerce portal.
Gold Prime BizzTrek affiliates pay €300 EUR a year and are also able to sell products and services on the e-commerce portal.
As at the time of publication, BizzTrek’s e-commerce portal is only live in Pakistan.
The BizzTrek Compensation Plan
BizzTrek affiliates pay monthly or annual fees to qualify for commissions.
Commissions are paid when they recruit others who do the same.
BizzTrek Affiliate Ranks
There are ten affiliate ranks within the BizzTrek compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Affiliate – pay and continue to pay monthly/annual affiliate fees
- Business Leader – recruit and maintain at least three paid BizzTrek affiliates and have a total downline of twelve affiliates
- Senior Leader – recruit and maintain at least five paid BizzTrek affiliates, two of which are Business Leader or higher
- Executive Leader – recruit and maintain at least seven paid BizzTrek affiliates, two of which are Executive Leader or higher
- Business Manager – recruit and maintain at least ten paid BizzTrek affiliates, two of which are Executive Leaders
- Executive Manager – recruit and maintain at least two Business Managers
- Business Director – qualification criteria not provided
- Executive Director – qualification criteria not provided
- Business President – qualification criteria not provided
- Executive President – qualification criteria not provided
With respect to Business Director and higher rank qualification criteria, it assumed these are recruitment based in line with the rest of the ranks.
Matrix Recruitment Commissions
BizzTrek pay matrix recruitment commissions via a 3×10 matrix.
A 3×10 matrix places a BizzTrek affiliate at the top of a matrix, with three positions directly under them:
These three positions form the first level of the matrix.
The second level of the matrix is generated by splitting these first three positions into another three positions each (9 positions).
Levels two to ten of the matrix are generated in the same manner, with each new level housing three times as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the matrix are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of Prime and Gold Prime BizzTrek affiliates.
For each affiliate placed into the matrix, a €1 EUR a month commission is paid (Gold Prime affiliates generate a monthly €1 EUR commission for 12 months).
Note that how many matrix levels a BizzTrek affiliate can earn on is determined by how many affiliates they’ve personally recruited.
- recruit and maintain one paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliate and earn on the first matrix level
- recruit and maintain two paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one and two
- recruit and maintain three paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to three
- recruit and maintain four paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to four
- recruit and maintain five paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to five
- recruit and maintain six paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to six
- recruit and maintain seven paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to seven
- recruit and maintain eight paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to eight
- recruit and maintain nine paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to nine
- recruit and maintain ten paid Prime/Gold Prime affiliates and earn on matrix levels one to ten
Note that binary recruitment commissions are capped monthly based on rank:
- Affiliates do not qualify for matrix recruitment commissions
- Business Leaders can earn up to €100 EUR a month
- Senior Leaders can earn up to €300 EUR a month
- Executive Leaders can earn up to €1000 EUR a month
- Business Managers can earn up to €2000 EUR a month
- Executive Managers can earn up to €3000 EUR a month
- Business Directors can earn up to €10,000 EUR a month
- Executive Directors can earn up to €20,000 EUR a month
- Business Presidents can earn up to €40,000 EUR a month
- Executive Presidents can earn up to €80,000 EUR a month
Using a unilevel compensation structure, BizzTrek pays a €10 EUR commission on ten qualified generations per Prime/Gold Prime affiliate recruited.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
To qualify for the Generation Bonus, a BizzTrek affiliate must recruit and maintain at least one paid affiliate.
To qualify for a maximum of ten generations, ten paid affiliates must be recruited and maintained.
When a new Prime/Gold Prime affiliate is recruited, the system searches upline in the unilevel team.
The first ten Generation Bonus qualified affiliates are paid 10 EUR.
Note that each generation is coded.
This means that, for example, you are only qualified to earn on two generations, if the second generation €10 EUR has already been paid out, the system will skip you and search higher for a third and higher generation qualified affiliates to pay the remaining generations to.
The Team Bonus is tracked via the same unilevel team the Generation Bonus is tracked through.
Business Director and higher ranked BizzTrek affiliate’s qualify for the Team Bonus.
The Team Bonus pays €15 EUR whenever a Gold Prime affiliate is recruited into their unilevel team.
The Team Bonus is paid on Gold Prime affiliate recruitment in each unilevel team leg, up until another Business Director or higher ranked affiliate is found in the leg.
Business Director BizzTrek affiliates qualify for a €300 EUR a month Car Bonus.
Executive Director and higher ranked BizzTrek affiliates qualify for a €500 EUR a month Car Bonus.
BizzTrek affiliate membership is
- €25 EUR a month for Prime; or
- €300 EUR a year Gold Prime.
The primary difference between Prime and Gold Prime is income potential via the BizzTrek compensation plan.
Remember the last time you found a business by looking up a third-party business directory?
Yeah, me neither.
Other than implying BizzTrek is of the same stature as Amazon’s Prime service, its e-commerce platform has nothing to do with its MLM opportunity.
The MLM side of BizzTrek is straight pyramid recruitment.
Affiliates either sign up and pay monthly or annual fees. Annual fee payment qualifies them for the Team Bonus (pay to play).
Commissions are then paid on recruitment, either monthly Prime fees or annual Gold Prime fees.
Alexa website traffic statistics for the BizzTrek website reveal both the business directory and e-commerce platform are simply a cover for pyramid recruitment.
At the time of publication Alexa estimate Iraq is the top source of traffic to the BizzTrek website.
Remember, the e-commerce platform is only available in Pakistan. Yet Pakistan is only estimated to provide around 24% of BizzTrek’s website traffic.
Surely if the e-commerce platform was worth a damn, that percentage would be much higher.
A second indicator of the worthlessness of the platform is that no fees are paid on the sale of goods or services through the platform.
One can sign up as a BizzTrek affiliate, ignore the e-commerce platform and get paid to recruit.
Which, let’s face it is highly likely what most of BizzTrek’s affiliates are doing.
As with all pyramid schemes, once BizzTrek affiliate recruitment dies so too will commissions.
This will start with those at the bottom of the company-wide matrix struggling to recruit new affiliates.
This will see them stop paying monthly fees (or take a loss if the annual fee is paid), meaning those above them in the matrix stop getting paid.
They too stop paying their fees (“sorry for your loss” if they went annual), meaning those above them stop getting paid.
As this trickles up the BizzTrek company-wide matrix, eventually an irreversible collapse is triggered.
Ababil Sher and whoever he’s working with sit at the top of the BizzTrek company-wide matrix, through one or more preloaded admin positions.
Through these positions they will ensure their accounts will collectively be paid the highest across the company.
Other than a few early adopters placed under them, the rest of the BizzTrek affiliate-base is guaranteed to take a loss.
Secondary to the pyramid scheme nature of BizzTrek is also the possibility that Amazon will pursue legal action against the company.
The use of “Prime” by an e-commerce platform company, even if the platform is a cover tool for pyramid recruitment, is like running a content delivery service you sell “Netflix” memberships too.
To be clear there’s no association between Amazon and BizzTrek.
BizzTrek’s use of “Prime” in membership branding, is solely so that affiliates can mention “like Amazon” when referring to the e-commerce platform in their marketing material.
Don’t fall for it.