GMB Group Review: Ecommerce “click a button” app Ponzi
GMB Group (aka GMB eCommerce), fails to provide credible ownership or executive information on its website.
GMB Group does provide executive details, however these are fictional names represented by stock photos:
Known GMB Group website domains include:
- gmbapp.org – privately registered on April 27th, 2023
- gmbapp.shop – privately registered on May 24th, 2023
Despite only existing for a few months, on its website GMB Group falsely claims it “was established in Denver, USA” in 2018.
To support its fictional backstory, GMB Group provides incorporation certificates for GMB E-Commerce Co. Ltd for Colorado.
Due to the ease with which scammers are able to incorporate shell companies with bogus details, for the purpose of MLM due-diligence these certificates are meaningless.
Aside from paying a small fee to register a shell company there, GMB Group is unlikely to have any actual ties to the US.
Supporting this is GMB Group’s oddly named official FaceBook Group:
This suggests GMB Group is being run by a non-native English speaker. And if we look at GMB Group’s website source-code, sure enough we find Chinese:
This suggests whoever is actually running GMB Group has ties to China.
Marketing wise GMB Group appears to primarily be targeting the Netherlands.
As always, if an MLM company is not openly upfront about who is running or owns it, think long and hard about joining and/or handing over any money.
GMB Group’s Products
GMB Group has no retailable products or services.
Affiliates are only able to market GMB Group affiliate membership itself.
GMB Group’s Compensation Plan
GMB Group affiliates invest tether (USDT). This is done on the promise of advertised returns:
- VIP1 – invest 300 USDT and receive up to 12 USDT a day for 365 days
- VIP2 – invest 700 USDT and receive up to 27 USDT a day for 365 days
- VIP3 – invest 1600 USDT and receive up to 60 USDT a day for 365 days
- VIP4 – invest 3350 USDT and receive up to 120 USDT a day for 365 days
- VIP5 – details not provided
- VIP6 – details not provided
The MLM side of GMB Group pays on recruitment of affiliate investors.
GMB Group Affiliate Ranks
There are four affiliate ranks within GMB Group’s compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria, they are as follows:
- Rank 1 – generate a downline of fifty affiliate investors (ten must have invested at VIP2 or higher, or five must have invested at VIP3 or higher)
- Rank 2 – generate a downline of one hundred affiliate investors (twenty must have invested at VIP2 or higher, or ten must have invested at VIP3 or higher)
- Rank 3 – generate a downline of two hundred affiliate investors (twenty must have invested at VIP3 or higher, or ten must have invested at VIP4 or higher)
- Rank 4 – generate a downline of eight hundred affiliate investors (two hundred must have invested at VIP3 or higher, or one hundred must have invested at VIP4 or higher)
GMB Group pays referral commissions on invested tether down three levels of recruitment (unilevel):
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) – 5%
- level 2 – 4%
- level 3 – 2%
Note that a GMB Group affiliate will only earn referral commissions on the investment tiers they have invested at.
E..g if a VIP4 tier recruits an affiliate who invests at VIP6, they only earn the VIP4 referral commission rate (5% of 3350 USDT instead of whatever the VIP6 investment tier is in USDT).
GMB Group pays a ROI Match on daily returns paid to downline affiliates.
The ROI Match is paid downt three levels of recruitment:
- level 1 – 3%
- level 2 – 2%
- level 3 – 1%
As with referral commissions, GMB Group affiliates will only earn the match up to the tier they themselves have invested at.
Rank Achievement Bonus
GMB Group rewards affiliates for qualifying at Rank 1 or higher with the following one-time Rank Achievement Bonuses:
- qualify at Rank 1 and receive a watch, “electronic product” or “gold jewelry” worth 700 EUR
- qualify at Rank 2 and receive a watch, “electronic product” or “gold jewelry” worth 1400 EUR
- qualify at Rank 3 and receive a watch, “electronic product” or “gold jewelry” worth 2000 EUR
- qualify at Rank 4 and receive a Mercedes-Benz car worth 50,000 EUR and a complimentary VIP4 investment
Joining GMB Group
GMB Group affiliate membership is free.
Full participation in the attached income opportunity requires a minimum 300 USDT investment.
GMB Group Conclusion
GMB Group is yet another “click a button” app Ponzi scheme.
GMB Group’s “click a button” Ponzi ruse is placing orders with online retailers.
Online sellers deliver orders to GMB Group. GMB recruits outside personnel to fulfill these orders as needed. Finally, GMB pays the permanent employees and trainees who carry out the assignments.
Those who know GMB should know that GMB’s main partners are sellers in online shopping centers such as “eMAG, BOL, Beslist.nl , wehkamp and Mediamarket”.
Broken down, GMB Group’s ruse sees affiliates log in and click a button. This button clicking purportedly generates revenue via product orders with online retailers.
GMB Group receives a commission from the orders, which it then shares with affiliates.
If that makes no sense it’s because it doesn’t. Randoms click a button in an app doesn’t equate to genuine customer orders placed with online retailers.
In reality clicking a button inside GMB Group does nothing. All GMB Group is doing is recycling newly invested funds to pay earlier investors.
Including GMB Group, BehindMLM has thus far documented seventy-three “click a button” app Ponzis. Most of them last a few weeks to a few months before collapsing.
“Click a button” app Ponzis disappear by disabling both their websites and app. This tends to happen without notice, leaving the majority of investors with a loss (inevitable Ponzi math).
The same group of Chinese scammers are believed to be behind the “click a button” app Ponzi plague.