MacroCoin Review: MCoin scammers try again…
There is no information on the MacroCoin website indicating who owns or runs the business.
Infact at the time of publication, the MacroCoin website is nothing more than an affiliate login form.
The MacroCoin website domain (“macrocoin.info”) was registered with bogus (incomplete) details on August 26th, 2016.
The official MacroCoin compensation plan documentation features the logo of an entity named “UECB Group”.
UECB Group have their own page on the MacroCoin website (not linked from the homepage).
UECB Group brings years of experience in financial and private sectors worldwide. With branches and dedicated teams all over the world we combine what’s best in each market into one global solution.
We provide an all-in-one solution that merges blockchain technologies with traditional payment networks in a new digital assets ecosystem.
UECB appear to be behind MacroCoin and are headed up by Simon Karakaš (CEO) and Rok Potočnik (“Senior Executive”).
Simon Karakaš (right) was involved in ByXpress, who created the MCoin cryptocurrency.
MCoin was a worthless altcoin cryptocurrency ByXpress mined through Coins Race. The company launched in 2015 and had crashed by early 2016.
In a ByXpress marketing video dated November 2015, Karakaš introduces himself as the “Cryptocurrency Officer of Coins Race”.
Karakaš is based out of Hong Kong, which is likely where MacroCoins is being operated from.
Read on for a full review of the MacroCoin MLM opportunity.
The MacroCoin Product Line
MacroCoin has no retailable products or services, with affiliates only able to market MacroCoin affiliate membership itself.
Through MacroCoin affiliate membership, affiliates are able to acquire MacroCoins.
- Starter affiliates receive $50 in MacroCoins
- Intermediate affiliates receive $100 in MacroCoins
- VIP and higher affiliates do not receive MacroCoins with their affiliate membership
MacroCoin is an altcoin cryptocurrency that at the time of publication is not publicly traded.
For investments of up to €50,000 EUR in MacroCoin (Co-Founders are exempt from this restriction), affiliates receive the following discount:
- Starter and Intermediate – 3% discount
- VIP – 5% discount
- Super and Co-Founder – 7% discount
The discount is applied to whatever the internal value of MacroCoin is set to at the time of purchase.
MacroCoin affiliates who sign up at the VIP, Super and Co-Founder levels receive a Huawei cell phone.
This phone can be exchanged for the equivalent value in MacroCoin.
Access to BigU Academy “educational packages” are also bundled with MacroCoin affiliate membership.
BigU Academy appears to be a third-party MLM training company.
On their website, BigU Academy claim their educational packages
provide adequate knowledge and solutions you need for a successful network marketing.
The MacroCoin Compensation Plan
The MacroCoin compensation plan sees affiliates invest in one of five packages:
- Starter – €250 EUR
- Intermediate – €850 EUR
- VIP – €2000 EUR
- Super – €5000 EUR
- Co-Founder – €10,000 EUR
Commissions are paid out when MacroCoin affiliates who have invested recruit others who do the same.
MacroCoin affiliates are restricted on how much they can earn in a week, based on how much they have invested:
- Starter affiliates can earn up to $500 EUR a week
- Intermediate affiliates can earn up to $1500 a week
- VIP affiliates can earn up to $4500 a week
- Super and Co-Founder affiliates can earn up to $13,500 a week
Note that while investment volume into MacroCoin is cited in Euros, earning caps use USD.
Direct Recruitment Commissions
MacroCoin affiliates earn a 10% commission on funds invested by personally recruited affiliates.
Note that MacroCoin affiliates can only earn commissions up to their own package investment level.
If the newly recruited affiliate buys in at a higher package than the affiliate who recruited them, the 10% commission is passed up to the first upline who has bought in at that level or higher.
Residual Recruitment Commissions
Residual recruitment commissions in MacroCoin are paid out via a binary compensation structure.
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of new MacroCoin affiliates.
Note that there are no depth restrictions in a binary team.
At the end of each week MacroCoin tally up new investment volume on both sides of the binary team.
Investment volume is generated as follows:
- new Starter affiliate = 200 points
- new Intermediate affiliate = 750 points
- new VIP affiliates = 1750 points
- new Super affiliate = 4500 points
- new Co-Founder affiliate = no points generated
A MacroCoin affiliate is paid 10% of points on their weaker binary side (the side with less investment volume).
To qualify for binary commissions, a MacroCoin affiliate must personally recruit at least two affiliates who also invest.
MacroCoin affiliates can earn a matching bonus on residual recruitment commissions, paid out via a unilevel compensation structure.
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
MacroCoin cap the matching bonus across seven levels of recruitment.
How many unilevel levels a MacroCoin affiliate can earn a matching bonus on is determined by how many affiliates they have personally recruited:
- recruit 2 affiliates and earn a matching bonus of 2% on levels 1 and 2 and 3% on levels 3 and 4
- recruit 4 affiliates and earn a matching bonus of 2% on level 1, 3% on levels 2 and 3, 5% on level 4 and 2% on level 5
- recruit 6 affiliates and earn a matching bonus of 2% on level 1, 3% on levels 2 and 3, 5% on levels 4 and 5 and 2% on level 6
- recruit 8 affiliates and earn a matching bonus of 2% on level 1, 3% on levels 2 and 3, 5% on levels 4 to 6 and 2% on level 7
MacroCoin Investment Commission
When personally recruited affiliates invest directly in MacroCoin, a commission of up to 8% is paid out:
- Starter affiliates earn a 2% commission
- Intermediate affiliates earn a 4% commission
- VIP affiliates earn a 6% commission
- Super and Co-Founder affiliates earn an 8% commission
Co-Founder Referral Bonus
MacroCoin affiliates who buy in at the Co-Founder level receive an exclusive recruitment commission when they recruit other Co-Founder affiliates.
- the first Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 20% commission
- the second Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 30% commission
- the third Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 50% commission
- the fourth Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 20% commission
- the fifth Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 30% commission
- the sixth Co-Founder affiliate recruited pays out a 50% commission
Profit Pool Share
The Profit Pool Share bonus is separated between regular MacroCoin affiliates and those who buy in as a Co-Founder.
Regular affiliates must
- generate 100,000 points in their weaker binary side or recruit four Co-Founder affiliates to receive a share in 1% of local MacroCoin investment volume or
- generate 500,000 points in their weaker binary side or recruit twenty Co-Founder affiliates to receive a share in 1% of global MacroCoin investment volume
Co-Founder affiliates must
- generate 50,000 points in their weaker binary side or recruit at least two Co-Founder affiliates to receive a share in 1% of local MacroCoin investment volume or
- generate 250,000 points in their weaker binary side or recruit ten Co-Founder affiliates to receive a share in 1% of global MacroCoin investment volume
Note that although the local and global investment volume pool percentages are the same, the regular and Co-Founder affiliate bonus pools are separate.
MacroCoin affiliates who invest at the Intermediate and higher package levels receive OCF shares.
- Intermediate – $200 worth of OCF shares
- VIP – $600 worth of OCF shares
- Super – $1500 worth of OCF shares
- Co-Founder – $3500 worth of OCF shares
OCF shares are virtual shares within MacroCoin.
OCF ownership certificates represent co-ownership of the companies in the GSA fund.
As the fund grows in value, so do it’s shares.
Members can sell their shares on the market in exchange for the share’s worth, 90 days after the date of the share’s purchase.
MacroCoin determine the value of shares, with affiliates able to trade shares between themselves on an internal exchange.
Macro Foundation Committee
MacroCoin rewards Co-Founder affiliates with a share in 1% of MacroCoin’s global investment volume.
The top six Co-Founder affiliates with the largest MacroCoin balances in the world each receive a share in 1% of MacroCoin’s global investment volume.
MacroCoin affiliate membership is tied to investment in one of the following packages:
- Starter – €250 EUR
- Intermediate – €850 EUR
- VIP – €2000 EUR
- Super – €5000 EUR
- Co-Founder – €10,000 EUR
An affiliate has thirty days to upgrade their package by paying the difference. After that the full price for a package upgrade must be paid.
The primary difference between MacroCoin affiliate membership packages is income potential through the MacroCoin compensation plan.
If the premise of MacroCoin sounds familiar, it’s because it’s basically a rehash of what went down with Coins Race and MCoin.
Here’s how Simon Karakaš himself pitched MCoin:
What we’re doing is we’re actually building a specialized community and presenting them with our own cryptocurrency.
We took a different approach. We built a community first and present the technology later. And that is giving much better potential for us.
The problem with this model is that it’s ass-backwards.
MLM altcoin companies who adopt this model roll out a worthless cryptocurrency, backed by nothing more than hypey marketing.
You know what I’m talking about; “Missed out on bitcoin? We’re gunna be the next bitcoin!” and so on.
The reality is the only money made is during the initial investment phase. Once affiliate recruitment slows down affiliates realize all they’ve paid thousands for is just another worthless altcoin.
The company who sold them the coins struggles to do anything meaningful with it, as legitimate businesses aren’t interested in using a currency backed exclusively by speculative investors.
The general public also never adopts MLM altcoins for the same reason:
Why would anyone pay inflated prices for an internal currency that has no legitimate real world application?
This has already played out with MCoin and MacroCoin is not going to be any different.
Purely from an MLM perspective, MacroCoin is a combination of Ponzi fraud (trading via the MacroCoin internal exchange), unregistered securities (OCF shares) and pyramid recruitment (referral commissions on packages).
Pay to play is also a strong component of the compensation plan, particularly with Co-Founder package investment.
In summary; all facets of MacroCoin are controlled by UECB Group, who one way or another were probably also behind the development of MCoin.
The only thing you as a MacroCoin affiliate can control is how much money you want to lose by investing.